Soho Road Jatha to destroy another Gurdwara ?

kurtas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkk wjkf

amen revrend

105188[/snapback]

What's with the one liners ? You think you are some sort of comedy genius ?

105200[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

Singh Ji theres no need for that just pm him and ask him nicely. :TH:

Gurfateh!!

105285[/snapback]

Suppose I should have done that Khalsa Fauji Ji.

Its a bit annoying when threads get artificially inflated by petty non relevant one liners. Can you imagine if all the registered users of this forum started to do that on every single thread ? Soon we would have hundreds of irrelevant replies for each thread (rather like this reply I have just written).

• 4 months later...

SOme questions left unnaswered by Madra Ji on another message board

Author: singh

Date: 08-24-05 04:49

Dear "singh"

No please read this thread properly. I am "ranting" about the loss of heritage full stop. A simple answer to your simple question is that the harimandir is not the same as what Guru Arjan constructed - its a stupid question becuase every one knows that it was rebuilt during Misl times after Abdali had the darbar blown to pieces.

Madra ji this question was asked beacause in your posts you mentioned about the construction of darbar sahib and said that the water seepage problem was not there at the times of guru sahib when you state

by madra: The britlliantly foresighted design of the darbar sahib is made to actually soak in water from the sarovar and then evaporate it through a membrane of lime plaster through teh roof. This gives a damp free building without the need of a damp proof course. the Gurus understood this, Ranjit Singh understood this (when he had the building plated) and I suspect that most people reading this have understood this but civil engineers from the UK cant seem to understand this and have capped the lime plaster with modern cement and now teh building is waterlogged

madra: (see the rapidly tarnishing panles in Freeds pictures for example, or the garish recolouring of the internal paintwork with modern synthetic paints)

Madra ji can you kindly mark the green areas on the pictures as you have stated that panels are going green. I hope I am not color blind.

madra: If the Harimandir's amrble continues to discolour and goes rusty brown or a mouldy green colour becuase of teh damp problems, will you simply shrug your shoudlers and say "oh, that's OK becuase it wasnt from the Guru's time" or woudl you even prefer to have kar sevaks whip the old marble off and replace with them sythetic formica replicas?

can you please shed light who put this marble in

and where was the marble brought from

and what is the life of marble stone

looking forward to seeing the green areas in the plates and getting some gyan from you about the marble

I just want to put my views to this controversy..... What is wrong to hire some conservationists and make them check if dampning issue is/might happen in sri darbar sahib...... I know GNNSJ have done tremondous sewa in restoring sri darbar sahib..... but why are they so hard on not getting the facts straight... what are we loosing if we hire some world class conservationists and check the isuues that might arise..... its SRI DARBAR SAHIB we are talking about.... even if there is 1% chance of dampening, why take it...... If sangat can spent large amount of money for gold why cant we spend some more to have total peace of mind.....

Fateh