12-2pm

Launch of the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for UK Sikhs

Over 360 Gurdwaras and Sikh organisations are to be invited by MPs

10 Downing Street

2-3pm

Memorandum to be delivered on behalf of the Sikh community by up to 100 MPs

This will be an unprecendented gathering of MPs at 10 Downing Street

Sikhs will gather opposite 10 Downing Street to give vocal support

Please contact your MP using www.faxyourmp.com invite them to the launch (12-2pm) and handing in the Memorandum (2.30pm sharp)

Note: The Home Secretary has announced the police will not allow any protests within 1km of the Houses of Parliament (including 10 Downing Street) from 1 August 2005 - This could be the last chance for Sikhs to protest outside 10 Downing Street.

Central Lobby, Houses of Parliament

3-4pm

Lobby of MPs and Lords

The day will finish with a general lobby of consituency MPs and Lords.

A range of Early Day Motions will be tabled by the Sikh Lobby Day so you are able to lobby your MP to sign/support.

Please alert all Gurdwaras regarding transport arrangements for Tuesday 12 July.

Please arrive at Portcullis House by 11.45am , due to security checks.

post-1897-1119903213_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the agenda this time???

105736[/snapback]

The AAPG for UK Sikhs will set out what they hope to do.

Four Parliamentary motions are likely to have been issued before 12 July concerning:

- UK Government Consultation with Sikhs

- Separate recognition and monitoring of Sikhs

- Code of Practice - Sikh articles of faith

- Anglo-Sikh heritage

Four others are in the pipeline:

- Religious freedoms in the EU (France)

- Access to Panjab to Amnesty International/UN

- Panjab river waters

- November 1984 anti-Sikh pogroms

Will put out more later!

Whats the agenda this time???

105736[/snapback]

The AAPG for UK Sikhs will set out what they hope to do.

Four Parliamentary motions are likely to have been issued before 12 July concerning:

- UK Government Consultation with Sikhs

- Separate recognition and monitoring of Sikhs

- Code of Practice - Sikh articles of faith

- Anglo-Sikh heritage

Four others are in the pipeline:

- Religious freedoms in the EU (France)

- Access to Panjab to Amnesty International/UN

- Panjab river waters

- November 1984 anti-Sikh pogroms

Will put out more later!

105738[/snapback]

Raise the respect for Guru Ji Campaign that Akal Takht issued a Hukham for NO weddings to take place outside a Gurdwara yet this practice still happens. All that is needed is the government to pass this here and problem solved. If its illegal by british law then no1 elses wedding would be stopped.

WJKK WJKF

All- Info - before your issue can be raised at the Lobby day, it needs to be raised at every single Gurudwara in the country - I'm more than willing to help with this - if you so wish? (I'm sure you are aware of the work we have produced in the past and can do so in the future)

ALSO - MAKE YOUR STAND!!

All of us from the UK have a duty to attend these lobby days, to stand up and be counted. It was great to see the past two lobby days attend by so many young Sikhs - it's time for the same turnout.

Making your voice heard through the local and national Government is a fantastic way of getting backing for the issues affecting every single one of us as Sikhs. But these days cannot be a success on their own - we need to, each of us, put in our bit to make a difference.

Please contact all local Gurudwara Saahibs requesting transport to London.

Don't let oppertunity's like this slip through - 21 years have gone by, lets start fighting properly - with our voice!

WILL YOU BE THERE?

PS: ADMIN - Please make Sticky - this should not be ignored.

Raise the respect for Guru Ji Campaign that Akal Takht issued a Hukham for NO weddings to take place outside a Gurdwara yet this practice still happens. All that is needed is the government to pass this here and problem solved. If its illegal by british law then no1 elses wedding would be stopped.

WJKK WJKF

105765[/snapback]

Consider it done! Has already been discussed with the Respect for Guru Ji Campaign. Will be raised at a meeting with Mps this morning at 9.00am at Westminster

All- Info - before your issue can be raised at the Lobby day, it needs to be raised at every single Gurudwara in the country - I'm more than willing to help with this - if you so wish? (I'm sure you are aware of the work we have produced in the past and can do so in the future)

106003[/snapback]

Contact the sevadars on the campaign email and ask their permission. Its merely a suggestion, im up for going to every wedding if need be so either way its not an issue for me. I know where i want to be with regards to Disrespect to my Guru and will continue to fight.

Just a simple suggestion so all these people can finally realise, if you put money on my Guru, the you will lose out in the long run. So might aswel save these unfortunate people alot of time and hassel etc.

WJKK WJKF