Singh listen up.

They jus need an execuse they hate us anyway (the ones who are making a fuss with Sikhs) but some one should tell them that afgan woman don’t scare their kids with the names of US and UK leaders (Bush & Blair) they do to this day scare their kids with the likes of “Hari Singh Nalwa” (marshal of the Khalsa armies of Maharajah Ranjit Singh)

post-3327-1120855131.gif

Explain to them that we blocked the Khyber Pass to the Muslim world, explain to them we fought your wars for you, braver then your own blooded troops, tell them we still even fought for our own independence off you for India and now they think we are the cowards who believe in killing innocents.

i's partially our fault for not educating people to begin with.. we can't expect everybody to know about sikhi... frankly i'd be scared too if i wasn't a sikh and i saw a bunch of big guyz walkin around in cholay's and kirpaans......

107761[/snapback]

Right, is there a way to say to others that we are sikhs and at the same time we are not trying to convert others? Yes, it's called getting ppl aware. There's a difference between converting and bringing ppl aware.

Back to the subject, we know now that it was alqueda that planned all this, it turns out, there was two other bombs that didn't go off!

I don't know how ppl get muslims and sikhs get confused, some ppl don't get it.

Wjkk wjkf

Im So glad me lil bro fists_of_fury started this thread. I just come home from Asda ("Walmart" for Non-Uk residents), and i really wanted to post my experience today on SikhSangat.

Normally, we're used to being shouted at "paki", or given the dirtiest looks. However, today wasnt the same. You could feel the tension today. I definately could. I felt so weird, that today i even tuck my Kirpan in, just to save any hassle.

Enuf goreh today were F-in + Blindin today. Thing is, like Fist of Fury paji said, we defo gotta be strong. Its these kinda reasons, our lil kido broz cut their hair, cos they dont wana be looked at differently, n feel awkward.

Today, i ended up turning around to one gora, and said "wha the F*** u lookin at?!" and he turned around. But i asked myself, wat did i earn from saying that? He turned away, which is fair enough. But it still turned a handful of peoples faces towards me again. So suppose that doesnt sort anything out. Next time mite be a gora who would reply back, and you would end up getting into a physical fight, and we all know how the media is, "Asian man starts fight in supermarket".

Do we educate the goreh then and there?? What do we say? Do we say, "im not a paki. im a Sikh, im not muslim, im not from pakistan, saudi nor Afghanistan.."

Do we say, "Its cos of our GrandParents that fought alongside the British to sort hitler and his Germany out.."???

Do we just smile when ur gettin called paki/ given dirty looks? When we smile, will goreh think we are "laughing" instead of smiling? and if we are "laughin", is it cos of the events that have took place?

See, i thought to myself today, that the goreh hated the Black, but now theyve finally accepted them, and majority black + white can liver alongside one another.

Sikhs are known to be Hardworking, Good Fighters during the World Wars... But end of the day, there arent even many of us in Uk, if you think about it, comparing that to Muslims and whites.

End of the day, we are all Brown to goreh. At Hyde Park, goreh thought we were muslims, protestign against English Govt. When educating the goreh on that matter, and sayin to them, nah, We're Sikhs.. They like  :doh: @  wacko.gif   Sikhs? Wats that ???

Sorry Guys, iv gone on a bit. Like many of us here, and all around the World, we hope these Terrorists get popped. we just have to be strong defo, Educate most of all.. When Sikh politicians have a say in government, all government services, i.e. Army, police Force, etc, they should all be trained, know what a Turban is, what a sikh is, what a kirpan is.

Not saying all Muslims are bad, but one thing for sure, i would never want to be mistaken for a Muslim. I would want people to know that we are Sikhs, we are completely Different, like a peaceful religion, with a seperate identity. And if someone turns around calling us a muslim,  we should be able to tell them we are not Muslims. And if goreh have to think all Muslims are Terrorists, well let the muslims deal with that. Cos end of the day, we are not Muslims, and i definately do not see any Sikh organisation killing any innocents.

If Bhai Kunaiya ji ( i think), can help the suffering opponents on a battlefield, how, as their ancestors, on earth, can we harm any innocent people. It is important we let the world know, that Sikhs are a seperate identity.

How? thats down to us youth to come up with..

I can only think of two things, :

1- All Sikh Political organisations to make sure the government give full awareness and training, and most of all knowledge to individuals who Sikhs are etc..

2-  > MEDIA <  Make postcards, literature, leaflets, and EVEN documentaries on Sikhs, such as Sikh Regiment in the World Wars, how they helped the older Generation. What Sikhs are doing in their own countries, how they look like, how they support anti terrorism etc..

these are just my thoughts, and my feelins for today...

> Pul Chuk Maaf < (time to unpack the shopping now)

Ur lil Bro Ranz

Wjkk Wjkf

107811[/snapback]

:doh: wkd post bro, i also had a weird experience, as me was roaming about town, with my backpack, full up and my kirpan sticking thru my shirt....

you know when i got on the bus to come home, OMG no.gif the looks I got and some of the language :doh: , alot of people actually got off, when i go on, infact the bus more or less emptied out, at the bottom no.gif

vgjkk vgjkfateh

AWWW PAAJI THATS SAD!!

but were not going to let these ppl get to us!!

A minoirty have done these bombings....and now the majority are getting blamed for it!!

But we are going to stay strong...and also protect our gurdwara sahibs jst incase..but im sure with guru jis kirpa all will be ok!

and its time for us to educate people on sikhi!

I feel that schools need be contacted as well to get people educated on sikhi...as in many schools sikhi is not taught!

a letter could be sent to the goverment about the issues we have!

vgjkk vgjkfateh

Guru Ki Pyari Sangat Jeeo Stay VIGILANT and keep watch over your local Gurughar and members of your Panth over the next few weeks. Expect NF and other groups to kick off trouble. Searchlight magazine and other anti-fascism groups have been sending ot a lot of messages that in monitoring the NF, BNP, etc. that plans are certainly put into place to further exacerbate tensions between communities- we're talking violence!

A mere reading of the NF's messageboard is enough to understand we must protect ourselves and each other

http://www.drypool.net/cgi-bin/system.pl?id=nfnagb

When i said VIGILANT i did not however mean VIGILANTE and lets go round armed to the teeth- i'm just saying when u go out be more aware of the people around u and keep an eye out 4 trouble with apnae or Gurughar.

Take care

Rab Rakha