Singh listen up.

As you will have known due to the recent cowardly terrorist attacks in london on innocent ppl happened today. Beware espicially down london ways and rest of UK, because alot of non-sikhs still think we related to taliban/bin laden etc. I think we need to educate the general public about simple differences to avoid certain events and incidents taking place. Just be careful. And prayers are with those, and thier families who have been affected by 2days events. pray.gif

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

Baba Ranjit Singh was late for his diwan at Ilford last night and he said that when their cars was being filled up for petrol on the journey, six or seven Singhs including Baba Jee decided to get out of their cars for a bit of fresh air and stretch and the police was called in the meantime to the petrol station and all the jatha was questioned for an hour or so because they were all wearing kirpans.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

i's partially our fault for not educating people to begin with.. we can't expect everybody to know about sikhi... frankly i'd be scared too if i wasn't a sikh and i saw a bunch of big guyz walkin around in cholay's and kirpaans......

and obviously because of what happened yday, they wanna take all precautions... but needless to say, they still are a lil arrogant... challo... shukar hai...

Wjkk wjkf

Im So glad me lil bro fists_of_fury started this thread. I just come home from Asda ("Walmart" for Non-Uk residents), and i really wanted to post my experience today on SikhSangat.

Normally, we're used to being shouted at "paki", or given the dirtiest looks. However, today wasnt the same. You could feel the tension today. I definately could. I felt so weird, that today i even tuck my Kirpan in, just to save any hassle.

Enuf goreh today were F-in + Blindin today. Thing is, like Fist of Fury paji said, we defo gotta be strong. Its these kinda reasons, our lil kido broz cut their hair, cos they dont wana be looked at differently, n feel awkward.

Today, i ended up turning around to one gora, and said "wha the F*** u lookin at?!" and he turned around. But i asked myself, wat did i earn from saying that? He turned away, which is fair enough. But it still turned a handful of peoples faces towards me again. So suppose that doesnt sort anything out. Next time mite be a gora who would reply back, and you would end up getting into a physical fight, and we all know how the media is, "Asian man starts fight in supermarket".

Do we educate the goreh then and there?? What do we say? Do we say, "im not a paki. im a Sikh, im not muslim, im not from pakistan, saudi nor Afghanistan.."

Do we say, "Its cos of our GrandParents that fought alongside the British to sort hitler and his Germany out.."???

Do we just smile when ur gettin called paki/ given dirty looks? When we smile, will goreh think we are "laughing" instead of smiling? and if we are "laughin", is it cos of the events that have took place?

See, i thought to myself today, that the goreh hated the Black, but now theyve finally accepted them, and majority black + white can liver alongside one another.

Sikhs are known to be Hardworking, Good Fighters during the World Wars... But end of the day, there arent even many of us in Uk, if you think about it, comparing that to Muslims and whites.

End of the day, we are all Brown to goreh. At Hyde Park, goreh thought we were muslims, protestign against English Govt. When educating the goreh on that matter, and sayin to them, nah, We're Sikhs.. They like :doh: @ wacko.gif Sikhs? Wats that ???

Sorry Guys, iv gone on a bit. Like many of us here, and all around the World, we hope these Terrorists get popped. we just have to be strong defo, Educate most of all.. When Sikh politicians have a say in government, all government services, i.e. Army, police Force, etc, they should all be trained, know what a Turban is, what a sikh is, what a kirpan is.

Not saying all Muslims are bad, but one thing for sure, i would never want to be mistaken for a Muslim. I would want people to know that we are Sikhs, we are completely Different, like a peaceful religion, with a seperate identity. And if someone turns around calling us a muslim, we should be able to tell them we are not Muslims. And if goreh have to think all Muslims are Terrorists, well let the muslims deal with that. Cos end of the day, we are not Muslims, and i definately do not see any Sikh organisation killing any innocents.

If Bhai Kunaiya ji ( i think), can help the suffering opponents on a battlefield, how, as their ancestors, on earth, can we harm any innocent people. It is important we let the world know, that Sikhs are a seperate identity.

How? thats down to us youth to come up with..

I can only think of two things, :

1- All Sikh Political organisations to make sure the government give full awareness and training, and most of all knowledge to individuals who Sikhs are etc..

2- > MEDIA < Make postcards, literature, leaflets, and EVEN documentaries on Sikhs, such as Sikh Regiment in the World Wars, how they helped the older Generation. What Sikhs are doing in their own countries, how they look like, how they support anti terrorism etc..

these are just my thoughts, and my feelins for today...

> Pul Chuk Maaf < (time to unpack the shopping now)

Ur lil Bro Ranz

Wjkk Wjkf