Buddha Dal to block screening of ‘Hawayein’

Guest SaintSoldier

Guest SaintSoldier

Buddha Dal to block screening of ‘Hawayein’

Amarjit Thind

Tribune News Service

Ludhiana, September 17

The Shiromani Akali Buddha Dal has urged the state government to stop the screening of “Hawayein”, a movie on the aftermath of the 1984 genocide, fearing it could disturb peace in the state. The outfit has claimed that they would physically prevent people from entering cinema halls from tomorrow in case the screening of the movie was not stopped.

Mr Kulbir Singh Khalsa, chief of the dal, said they had been approached by several youths who had seen the movie yesterday and had pointed out that the movie had left deep scars on their psyche. The portrayal of the atrocities were so real that those who had suffered during the terrorism days had relived those terrifying moments.

The movie comes at a time when the whole community was trying to bury the past and get on with life. A large section of the youth feels that the movie was not aimed at depicting the trauma of that period but was actually a slap in the face of the Sikhs taunting them about their inability to secure justice for the thousands of innocent widows in the country, he added.

“Peace had been restored in the state at a great cost and some of the youths may take offence and again take up the gun to change what they term as injustice to the entire community”, he pointed out.

“We are willing to go all out to get the movie banned in the state. In case the administration does not ban it, we will picket the theatres and physically prevent people from entering the halls. The movie is the handiwork of certain vested interests who do not want that the people should live in peace with their fellow br

ethren,” he alleged.

He said there was much to be done in the state than trying to dig old graves. He added that their efforts were targeted towards redressing the rampant drug abuse among the masses and to awaken them against the danger posed by self-styled sants and the mushrooming of “deras” in the state.

He said it was unfortunate that people were turning their back on religion and were becoming apostate. “This has been going on for a long time and it was the need of the hour to put a stop to this menace which is getting out of hand,” he said.

He said intoxicants were freely available across the state and youths were consuming them to beat the unemployment blues. The state had miserably failed to provide employment avenues to the educated youth. The condition of the rural youth were even more deplorable. The land holdings were dwindling and there was no alternative for them.

A delegation comprising Mr Santokh Singh, Mr Balam Singh, Mr Rur Singh, Mr Amarjit Singh, Mr Kashmir Singh, Mr Mehal Singh and Mr Satnam Singh awaited the arrival of the DC, who was away to Chandigarh, to submit a memorandum.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhai sahib Vir Singh je, you are right. Buddha dal should go around and tell the truth of 84 and how sikhs are enslaved in India. Hawien, unfouranetly, wont do that. Hawein portrays khalistanis as tools if pakistan and terrorists. What do you expect, it goes through the HINDUSTAN film board! Its not going to say the truth, but sikhs should.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguru je ka khalsa, Waheguru je ke fateh!

Although Khalistani, Hawaeih does have its flaws, but I think that this movie was made for the middle person i.e. a person who is not Khalistani, but also not an Indian chamchah. While Khalistanis like you and I have found many flaws in this movie, but believe it or not even Punjabi Hindus have found flaws in this movie. They claim that this movie tried to portray the Militatans in a good light. They think all of the Militants were villains. I guess this movie is supposed to be a compromise between both of these groups i.e. gray area, meaning it’s not so pro-Indian but not so pro-khalistani either.

If I had a chance, I could make such a good movie about Sikh militants. I would go to the villages of Amritsar and Gurdaspur and find a true story of a militant.

respect.gif waheguru ji .. respect.gif

this is my first post and has great intrest .. it is impotant that we neva 4get our history as it builds up our futre ... we shud look at 1984 and remember the singhs that sacrifisd der lifes to protect the darbar sahib .. as vir singh rightly sed the film is made for the middle person not being bais on any side .. the film isnt made to entertain the mind of khalistanians but to remember the sacrifises we have made !!!

Gur Fathe pray.gif