Being Amrit Dhari

That is like asking, how do you know when to eat or how do you know when you are thristy?  :doh:

108290[/snapback]

I understand that. It's obvious. But the thing is that I think I'm ready to go for it but my rents are saying I'm not ready for it. I dont know what to do. I want to Shahk Amrit but then I'm afraid what if I do and my rents think I've went against them. They dont understand me as well as they should do. They think i'm too young to Shahk Amrit and it isnt an easy step. I'm confused. Thats why I wanted to know how does one know when they are ready, because after talking to my rents about it they've created doubts in my head that I'm not ready.

WJKKWJKP!

Stand infront of our King of Kings and BEG for the ability to give your head...literally beg for Amrit Di Daat and for the strength and Gyan to be able to know when the time is right and when that time is right that you don't hesitate.

Take Maharaj's Hukam and Live by it...If Guroo Saahib talks about Naam, then do as much Simran as u possibly can, if the talk about seva then do as much seva as possible, if they talk about Amrit...then go for it!

Hope it helps ji!

Good Luck and Guroo Raakhaa!

WJKKWJKP!

That is like asking, how do you know when to eat or how do you know when you are thristy?  :doh:

108290[/snapback]

I understand that. It's obvious. But the thing is that I think I'm ready to go for it but my rents are saying I'm not ready for it. I dont know what to do. I want to Shahk Amrit but then I'm afraid what if I do and my rents think I've went against them. They dont understand me as well as they should do. They think i'm too young to Shahk Amrit and it isnt an easy step. I'm confused. Thats why I wanted to know how does one know when they are ready, because after talking to my rents about it they've created doubts in my head that I'm not ready.

108316[/snapback]

First of all im not an Amritdhari, so i don't claim to know how one feels while wanting to take amrit. Altho i will tell you i had come to a point in my life where the desire to take Amrit was everpresent in my heart and mind, but just as you stated my parents also pointed out that i was not ready. But i don't put the blame upon them as they had cause me not to take Amrit. Rather i found myself to be not ready for the amount of respect to the Rehat and Sincerity to ones ownself that Amrit required.

You are indeed placed in a situation where one only needs slight encouragement especially from ones parents to go ahead with taking Amrit. There are few ways to look at your situation.

One you can take this as a way to personally analyze your Sincerity in taking Amrit....ask yourself , Am I Truely ready? Take whatever your parents have said and use it to establish your determination for this step.

Two you can take this as a Test that someone is trying to persuade you out of what you really need to do. He/She creates Doubts in order to deter you away from your goal. So one tries harder and resists the influence of the doubt creator.

What you need to do is determeine which one implies to you. This depends upon the individual, so it is not a general rule that everyone who tries to tell you that you are not ready is a hinderence, perhaps they are indeed trying to point out that you need more work. It is also good to take into consideration what exactly your parents are saying. What are the true intentions behind them holding you back? Why do they feel you are not ready? Sometimes others see things in us that we ourselves cannot.

Thanx for your advice, it's realy helpful and I do agree at times parents are right aswell. My rentz eat meat and etc, however they dont drink they jus eat meat and my dad & brothers cut their hair except me. I'm the only one in the family that dont. I feel like questioning my rents that is it because of that reason? My mom was ok with it at first but then my dad had immediately laughed in my face. Which I didnt like at all.

WJKK WJKF,

Take amrit man... you are thinking of taking it that means WAHEGURU HAS DONE KIRPA ON U... u never know when Waheguru will take this away from you...

for example sometimes Waheguru wakes us up for amritvela, but we are lazy and dont get up.... than waheguru stops waking us up for amritvela...

rite now Waheguru has done KIRPA on u that you want to take amrit, if u keep ignoring it,,, one day waheguru may take away your thirst.....

WJKK WJKF,

Take amrit man... you are thinking of taking it that means WAHEGURU HAS DONE KIRPA ON U... u never know when Waheguru will take this away from you...

for example sometimes Waheguru wakes us up for amritvela, but we are lazy and dont get up.... than waheguru stops waking us up for amritvela...

rite now Waheguru has done KIRPA on u that you want to take amrit, if u keep ignoring it,,, one day waheguru may take away your thirst.....

108350[/snapback]

Hanji, thats what scares me, what if Waheguru takes my thirst away from me afterwards? I would just regret it so much. I just hope my rents can accept it tho. I mean I still dont understand why they having problems when I'mchoosing the right path to follow.

I think i may have said this before. Be careful - we spend too much time looking for signs... signs that will say to us "ahhh i should take amrit now." The fact is pyaare jio, the time is now because our very existence is a sign. The ground we walk on, the air we breathe, the food we eat, the beauty that surrounds us... are just SOME of the signs. The thing is, you cant force yourself to love Maharaj. But when u take Amrit, you are making a declaration to Maharaj that "i am yours... and i accept your will even if today i have to give you my head... my life." And you see you cant force yourself to love someone. You have to go to Maharaj.. take steps towards Maharaj... and gain a relationship with Maharaj which is how your love and passion will grow. If only we could all open our eyes to EVERY single thing we have been gifted with, that pyaar would come without saying... but we are unable to. We take so much for granted.

I remember someone saying to me once "My parents are trying to fix me up with an Amrit dhaari mundaa... but although i do my full nitnem, i dont drink, eat meat, dont cut my hair or nething, i dont think i am ready to take amrit but i dont know how i will realise when i am ready either..." And i said to her that "look, you need to listen to what you just said - you keep within rehat.. u live the life of an amrit dhaari Gursikh.. u lead the life... it appears Maharaj is giving you a wake-up call with this rishtaa to make you realise that the time is now." and she realised and woke up!

In the same way, dont look for signs or indications... because they are already there. You just have to open up those senses you have a bit more. Unleash your senses and you will go from just BELIEVING in Maharaj.. to REALISING Him...

bhul chuk maaf karna

I think i may have said this before. Be careful - we spend too much time looking for signs... signs that will say to us "ahhh i should take amrit now." The fact is pyaare jio, the time is now because our very existence is a sign. The ground we walk on, the air we breathe, the food we eat, the beauty that surrounds us... are just SOME of the signs. The thing is, you cant force yourself to love Maharaj. But when u take Amrit, you are making a declaration to Maharaj that "i am yours... and i accept your will even if today i have to give you my head... my life." And you see you cant force yourself to love someone. You have to go to Maharaj.. take steps towards Maharaj... and gain a relationship with Maharaj which is how your love and passion will grow. If only we could all open our eyes to EVERY single thing we have been gifted with, that pyaar would come without saying... but we are unable to. We take so much for granted.

I remember someone saying to me once "My parents are trying to fix me up with an Amrit dhaari mundaa... but although i do my full nitnem, i dont drink, eat meat, dont cut my hair or nething, i dont think i am ready to take amrit but i dont know how i will realise when i am ready either..." And i said to her that "look, you need to listen to what you just said - you keep within rehat.. u live the life of an amrit dhaari Gursikh.. u lead the life... it appears Maharaj is giving you a wake-up call with this rishtaa to make you realise that the time is now." and she realised and woke up!

In the same way, dont look for signs or indications... because they are already there. You just have to open up those senses you have a bit more. Unleash your senses and you will go  from just BELIEVING in Maharaj.. to REALISING Him...

bhul chuk maaf karna

108476[/snapback]

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji KI Fateh,

Nama Singh Ji, Well said.

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.