Why Guru Gobind Singh...?

nsinghjk

Did you had some kind of questions in your mind after reading the question about guru gobind singh?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you had some kind of questions in your mind after reading the question about guru gobind singh?

• YES
    • NO

GurFateh Ji.

im sry but i object the fact that any of our Guru Jis had more than one wife. its impossilbe!... you said something like 'thats how the story goes' and well if you say that then wouldnt that mean that you believe in things you hear. oh and umm..its not written anywhere in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or in Dasam Granth Sahib Ji that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji (and or other Guru Ji(s)) had more than one wife. thats just not right. nonono.gif you also said that Guru Ji wouldnt object to any request from the Sangat, and im sry, but i believe thats wrong cuz what if someone from in the Sangat said "Guru Ji, plz let us eat meat and we request you to eat it as well, and plz leave your Amrit." ..if someone said that then im pretty sure that Guru Ji wouldnt have left Amrit, even if it was someone or some Ppl from the sangat requesting Him to do it... as i tried to explain before: Guru Ji wouldnt do something that just Ppl want; He would do anything for the sangat ji only if he knew that Sikhism and God would allow something it. so plz Ppl ...PLZ PLZ stop thinking abt Guru Ji in a way that seems as if we're saying He did wrong things. i actually think that most of the Ppl who continuously ask such questions and then argue and say wrong things abt Guru Ji are just saying that so that they could do whatecer they wish to do. example: if someone wanted to eat meat then that person would then say that Guru Ji also ate meat and if someone wanted to marry 2 times then that person would say that Guru Ji married more than once. it just doesnt make sense to some Ppl that saying all of this stuff is such a big sin! God help you all and bless you all. pray.gif

GurFateh.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sorry, I'm gonna go back to the Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Wives issue for a second. I'm gonna tell you guys the story I know and show you how people could have misinterpreted it and made it out to be that Guru Gobind Singh Ji had 3 wives. Guru Gobind Singh Ji was married to Mata Jito Ji. ("Wife #1") After they got married Guru Gobind Singh Ji's mother thought that Mata Jito Ji was so beautiful that she renamed her to Mata Sundri Ji. ("Wife #2") On Vaisakhi day in 1699 Guru Gobind Singh Ji announced that Mata Sahib Kaur would be the mother of the Khalsa. (Wife #3) So as you can see if the story I heard was true, Guru Gobind Singh Ji was married to Mata Jito/Sundri Ji.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

115284[/snapback]

paneet, and you call yourself taksali. Shame on you. stop distorting history.

You have to do some reading by Sant baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranwale on this subject. Sant ji was ratan of damdami taksal . He clearly said it Siri Guru Gobind Singh had 3 wives.

Interesting to note that the Damdami Taksal also consider the concept of multiple wives amongst the Sodhibans Sikh Gurus to be true...

Satguru Hargobind Sahib Jee (Sodh lineage) wives: Mata Damodari Jee, Mata Nanaki Jee, Mata Marvahi Jee

Satgur Har Rai Sahib Jee (Sodh lineage) wives: Mata Krishan Kaur Jee, Mata Chand Kaur Jee, Mata Ram Kaur Jee, Mata Kaut Kalyani Jee, Mata Thoki Jee, Mata Anokhi Jee, Mata Ladho Jee, Mata Prem Kaur Jee

Satguru Gobind Singh Jee (Sodh lineage) wives: Mata Ajit Kaur Jee, Mata Sunder Kaur Jee, Mata Sahib Kaur Jee

Here is very strong evidence that Guru Ji had three wives:

Kahn Singh Nabha's 'Mahan Kosh'

Giani Ishar Singh Nara's 'Safarnama te Zafarnama'

Dr. Ganda Singh 'Hukamnamae'

Parvinder Kaur 'Kar Sewa: Historical Gurdwaras'

1) Kahn Singh Nabha (a Singh Sabhia) has three entries, for each of Guru Gobind Singh ji's wives.

2) There is historical evidence for each wife's existence such as a smadhi for Mata Jeeto, now called Gurdwara Agampur at Sri Anandpur Sahib (she is recorded to have died while Guruji was there). She was cremated by Guru ji himself.

3) Mata Sundri was the mother of Baba Ajit Singh ji. The haveli where she lived and died in Delhi is recorded in Mahan Kosh is now Gurdwara Mata Sundri ji in Delhi.

4) According to the 'Kar Sewa' and 'Hukamname' texts, both Mata Sahib Kaur and Mata Sundri issued hukamname to the Khalsa after Guruji from the haveli in Delhi.

5) Nabha's kosh records Mata Sundri as being the mother of three of the Sahibzaday, Baba Jujhar Singh ji, Baba Fateh Singh ji and Baba Joravar Singh ji.

6) Mata Sahib Kaur's samadhi is near Sri Guru Harkirshan's.

7) I think the author of the much copied and pasted article that started this dicussion has shown great ignorance himself by declaring that Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha and Giani Ishar Singh Nara are ignorant of Punjabi cultural practices!

WE SHOULD STOP READING THE BOOKS (except for jeevanies i think) BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE WRITTEN BY THE HINDU GOVERNMENT WHO ARE TRYING THEIR VERY BEST TO CHANGE SIKHISM!!! why dont you Ppl understand?? its so sad cuz so many Ppl dont even know that most of the pictures of Guru Jis (especially Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji and his family) are drawn by hindus and make it look like Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji  worshiped the Hindu religion.  think abt Ppl!: why do you think most Ppl are questioning stuff abt our Guru Jiwho made the Khalsa??? I'll tell you why. its cuz the Hindu Ppl who hate to look at us know that we wont leave our religion so easily and so then they start to change it slowly and slowly

This is exactly what the Hindus did with the Buddhism. Remember there was a time when Buddhism was prevalent in whole of India and it was in India where it originated But what is its present status in India.

Now they r trying the same thing with Sikhs bcoz they don't have the guts to fight openly with Sikhs.