Need everyone's opinion

ES1

waheguruji ka khalsa waheguruji ke fateh

There's this magazine that gets sent around to the gurdwara's in Edmonton, AB.

It's a magazine that only has advertisements of punjabi businesses.

The businesses include lazer hair removals and lately have started puting in meat shop ads.

It's one thing that the gurdwaras dont stop them from advertising but now one of the gurdwaras have placed there ads in there as well.

This gurudwara is aware that this magazine has anti-Sikh ads.

We have 4 gurdwaras..... the 2 on the southside i know for sure has this magazine given out to sangat.

The company that sends these ads is called universal pages.

What does everyone think? Should it be stopped?

post-1950-1121644701_thumb.jpg

in my local gurdwara (UK) they used to distribute 'Ajit' newspaper for free but it was shortly stopped because it had anti-panthic advertisements like... Ajmeri Baba no.gif .. u knw the pandit that will sort all ur problems out :) @ lol (yeh rite)

well it depends how strongly you feel.. but all im goona say is will you ever see a mosque distributing a newspaper that has non-halal meat advertising.. grin.gif hmm

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I think it's worth making a issue about it. Approach the Gurdwara committee as a Sangat and request that they stop distributing the paper within the Gurdwara due to it's anti-panthic material.

Now that you have raised the issue, I realise that most UK Gurdwaras openly distribute Ajit Weekly which advertises Restaurants, Off-Licences, Alcohol distributers, Butchers, Pakhandi Babas etc. Further still sometimes the articles are full of gossip, nindaya, Bollywood gossip. I personally or any of the other Naujawaan I know have not made a stand against this in the UK. It is important because we are spreading manmat within the boundries of the Gurdwara where the least we should doing is spreading Gurmat. The fact that these kind of publications are available in Gurmat locations add justice to people who want to experiment with the Manmat lifestyle.

In the library of Gurdwara Singh Sabha London East, Barking, you see a number of anti panthic publications like the Naamdhari Monthly Mag (Satyug).

Raise awareness within the local Sangat and approach the committee with the beanti that these publications should not be distributed in our Gurdwara Sahibs.

Start off with Ajit and Manjit Weekly.

GurFateh!

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa!

vaheguru ji kai fateh!

A gudwara here in edmonton has that, it's soooo bad. THey actually have a fourtane telling section where they tell ur fortune and futur.0_o

They have a joke's section where they actually have sardar jokes where they make fun of sardars. its a disgrace that they distribute it in gudwara's. i'm becomming the president of this gudwara and i'm gonna end the corruption in the area, starting with the magazines. :)

bul chak maf

.....i'm gonna end the corruption in the area, starting with the magazines. :)

bul chak maf

109472[/snapback]

:doh: <_<

Could someone confirm that there are indeed sardar jokes in this paper? In addition to dealing with the Gurudwara's, the sardar jokes matter must be dealt with regardless of where the paper is. Perhaps the gentleman below will listen if asked to remove the jokes first. Not sure if he is indeed universalpages.ca , but quite likely and it's a start.

Registrar: DomainsAtCost Corp.

Registrar-no: 45

Registrant-no: 1044755

Domaine-no: 1044755

Subdomain: universalpages.ca

Renewal-Date: 2005/09/10

Date-Approved: 2004/09/10

Date-Modified: 2005/05/10

Organization: saraswat dushyant

Description: Individual

Admin-Name: dushyant saraswat

Admin-Title: