Is It Allowed?

Guest Kulvinder Kaur Bajwa

Guest Kulvinder Kaur Bajwa

Sangath Ji

My sister has been longing for a baby for like nearly 28 years. She's tried so many times for a child but no luck. She even got operations done to see if there can be a difference. Now the only option they can see is either bringing suragate mother (which she highly doesn't want) OR the doctors can implant it in. Is that ok? or not? because it isnt being done in the natural way and she is Amrit Dhari. Even she thinks that it isnt the natural way the way she wants it, but then again she is dying for a baby.

Can I please have your advice on this, whether she should go ahead with it or not?

How about adopting? There are so many "unwanted" babies, or orphans, or children born from very poor families that can not support their children... etc. many reasons why a child or baby may be put for adoption.

Sure it is not "by blood"... but whats blood anyway. lol we are all one family on earth.

As for a Surogate mother... i dont agree... if that means to put the seed of her husband into another woman... :)

Another thing is... hukam. Always Hukam.

But -- i suggest adoption. sometimes the adoptive mother can assist at the birth of the child, and therefore be an active part in that part of the baby's life. etc.

but as if it was written in stone somewhere in sikhi no... the thing is Hukam. walk in the way of his will...

I agree ... good points.. better to adopt a child then go these other ways :)

110890[/snapback]

i agree, adopting is good but there is this little problem, no matter how much we come to love the adopted child, there is a little part of parents which will always say

"I wish............. i had my one of my own"

I say, do both, get the IVF thing done and adopt a child as well if u can afford to do so. but then that will have its own problem :doh: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

balait has a valid point...it's not exactly safe for both mother and baby if mother gives birth after 35(esp. so if it's a first child) due to biological changes and the increased risk of the baby having genetic chromosomal deformities such as Down's and Klinefelter Syndrome. perhaps your sister could consider adopting but if she really wants a child of her own, get your brother in law and her to have a good talk with the doctor's to ensure they know what they are getting into and be aware of the potential risks. whatever the decision, sangat jee will be happy for you. :) My $0.02

How about adopting? There are so many "unwanted" babies, or orphans, or children born from very poor families that can not support their children... etc. many reasons why a child or baby may be put for adoption.

Sure it is not "by blood"... but whats blood anyway. lol we are all one family on earth.

As for a Surogate mother... i dont agree... if that means to put the seed of her husband into another woman... :)

Another thing is... hukam. Always Hukam.

But  -- i suggest adoption. sometimes the adoptive mother can assist at the birth of the child, and therefore be an active part in that part of the baby's life. etc.

but as if it was written in stone somewhere in sikhi no... the thing is Hukam. walk in the way of his will...

110888[/snapback]

I second the above thought. ACCEPT LORDS HUKAM. Waheguru ji will help your Sister to accept his Hukam.

Stay in chardikalaaaa and read more baani as waheguru knows it all.............