Sikh Converted To Islam:

Guest GUEST

Actually he was bork a Hindu in the Bedi caste. Read your history and get your facts straight. Sikhism derives from the Bhakti movement and does indeed include some attributes from Islam. In the same way that Ialam has attributes from Christianity and Judaism (people of the book)

The fact is that sikhism does not preach to people and does not seek converts

I don't want to sound anti muslim but Islam as well as Chrisianity places a heavy emphasis on conversion. There are some people who are borm muslims but want po convert to other religions i.e. Christianity, they are persecuted, jailed and even murdered. On the other hand muslims celebrate when people of other relogions embrace Islam. Can someone please clarify the rational and justification behind his. It's a one way process and totally ignoract, conytradictiry and immoral

respect all people, irrelevent of religion, caste or colour - the values of Sikhisn stand out more to day than ther and I am proud to be a Sikh.

The only issue we have is trying to difffrenciate being punjabi and being a sikh...thats another story altogether

The fact of the matter is that Guru Nanak WAS a Muslim and he was trying to lead the people of his district toward Islam. Sadly, those 'Gurus' that came after him lead the people down a path divergent from the path of Islam. Sikhism IS NOT a sect of islam, but rather a spin-off or derivative, a mutation if you will.

firstly u say Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj was a muslim, simply based on the fact that he travelled to mecca, and according to some people performed a 'pilgrimige', then hindus can also argue Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj was a hindu.

but the answer to thsid discussion was given 500 years ago, by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj himself as he said 'there is no hindu or muslim, only man'

as u say Guru ji was a muslim, then why would he degrade himself by saying that quote,

whatever you were saying was just a random argument without proof or evidence

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic