Parents

Guest *Wahegurooo*

Guest proud_to_be_singhni

vjkkvjkf,

paji if you want amrit that badly there is no readson y you cnt start preparing yourself, ie. doing simran, paath etc and when the date comes go for it. PPLe will always laugh before or after a person does shak amrit. My parents to had doubts if i caould keep up my discipline after taking amrit, its beeen a year know and waheguru keeps me going, his kirpa will be on you becoz of how your feeling so strongly about the situation.

Do ardas in front maharaj ji and he'll definaetly make you strong wihtin and get you prepared. Take onestep towards waheguru and waheguru takes a million steps towards you.

Good luck! and keep us posted on further developments :TH:

vjkkvjkf!! :)

WJKK WJKF

yes, i strongly agree with "proud_to_ be_singhni" Jus keep ur rehit... its almost like you should be preparing yourself. I myself, is experiencing everything your going thru paagi/bhenji. My parents laugh at me, and tell me i could never keep amrit. But i have made my self strong. My thirst for amrit never dies. You have to do ardaas in front of guru ji, and tell him inside how much you want it. I kno for an instance.. a bhenji of mine claimed she wanted to amrit shak. But she didnt want it that bad, that she kept her rehit, and waited for the time guru ji would bless her. You jus have to stay strong no matter what you do. Guru ji will bless you. No doubt! :wub: If you want to chat more, PM me.

Take care paaji/veerji.

Always stay in Chaardi Kalaa!!!

Wahegurooooji ka khalsa, Wahegurooooooji ki fateh!!!!!

bull chaak maaf.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!!

I too have gone through this problem... my parents wer always sayiing that i wasnt ready ,and that i coulkd never keep my rehit. I came to the point where my mother and mami ji would ask me if i wanted them pluck my eyebrows and all that junk. This one night we got into a huge arguement about me wanted to Shakh Amrit, and the whole family was against me... expect for me mami ji's cousin.. who at that time was in Sask. and he was on the phone defending me.

BUT u just gotta stay strong... and ya they are ur family and ya it doesn hurt when they say things to u but u kno that your Guru ji is the most important to u in this life... and He's the one u have to go bak to. Just keep that in ur mind all the time. I totaly believe that this is just a test for us all... to see how much we truly love our Guru.

It personally took me 3 years to Shakh amrit...and even then my mom aint to happy about it... but whatever i kno what i did was right.. anyways this is just my example hope it helps.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11 months later...
Guest umm mee!

okkk its an old topic!!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

most ppl that i know have been preparing to take amrit for gd 2/ 3 or even 4 years....however ive only got into sikhi like a year ago to be honest and im planing on to take Amrit nxt year...on vaisakhi maybe!...

..am i rushing it..

hmm i know this was random but could ppl who have been in my situation and have actually taken amrit after a small period of time post some advice plsssss .....any help? :D

waheguru ji ka khasla waheguru ji ki fateh