Castes

Beleiving in Caste and thinking one superior is one thing, however acknowledging your blood line is another.

Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji mentioned in dasam granth that he belongs to sodhi rai.

Please read below link:

url reference: http://srec.gurmat.info/srecarticles/srida...idynasties.html

114108[/snapback]

He acknowledges it, but if you read the Dasam Granth, he also dismisses it at pure Egotism!

It is one thing respecting your elders and past, but another being full of conceit and Egotism, because of your backgrounds.

In anycase 99% of Sikhs are from low caste backgrounds:

For example Jats were from Saka's but were condiered Mlechhas or Sudra's.

Tarkhans were consider off springs of Sudra(Saka) men and Brahmin women and therefore the lowest of the twice-born. Near enough Shudra's.

Aluwalias (although probably Saka's) were considered low caste due to their profession.

If you want me to post the passages from Manu Smirti I can (if you are interested).

So those people who dismiss our Sikh heritage, and play up their caste/racial heritage are fools. No harm in respecting your past (even if you are a toilet cleaner), but acknowledge the hear and now and the heritage that was given to you by the Guru's. That should always come first! :TH:

Beleiving in Caste and thinking one superior is one thing, however acknowledging your blood line is another.

Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji mentioned in dasam granth that he belongs to sodhi rai.

Please read below link:

url reference: http://srec.gurmat.info/srecarticles/srida...idynasties.html

114108[/snapback]

He acknowledges it, but if you read the Dasam Granth, he also dismisses it at pure Egotism!

It is one thing respecting your elders and past, but another being full of conceit and Egotism, because of your backgrounds.

In anycase 99% of Sikhs are from low caste backgrounds:

For example Jats were from Saka's but were condiered Mlechhas or Sudra's.

Tarkhans were consider off springs of Sudra(Saka) men and Brahmin women and therefore the lowest of the twice-born. Near enough Shudra's.

Aluwalias (although probably Saka's) were considered low caste due to their profession.

If you want me to post the passages from Manu Smirti I can (if you are interested).

So those people who dismiss our Sikh heritage, and play up their caste/racial heritage are fools. No harm in respecting your past (even if you are a toilet cleaner), but acknowledge the hear and now and the heritage that was given to you by the Guru's. That should always come first! :TH:

114451[/snapback]

I agree 100%

after everything guru nanak dev ji didi in his life trying to abolish caste why do some sikhs still go around sayin jat for life and the rest of it they dont care about the religion they just go around being proud from the fact that they have a caste

114078[/snapback]

Why do we have to compare always, comparing gives rise to haumai(ego), it can either lead to an injured or a bloated haumai(ego).

WJKK WJKP thanx all of u 4 ur views when i went to the gurdwara i seen ppl sayin jat an jat4eva an the rest of it an it upset me so i thought id bring it up WJKK WJKP