:(

Gurjeet_Kaur

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everyone's post above this.... Keep Faith Bhainji...

you got your own battle to fight... ppl make mistakes.. and maybe virji made one too because of the sangat around him... peer pressure maybe... but if you keep sikhism going in your family then there are chances of virji realizing his mistake and coming back into the khalsa panth.. ^_^

i know a lot of guys at my school.. who last year had jura's :St:

and now right before school started they cut it.. :umm: .. i know .. it's sad... but trust me.. sikhs .. well so called sikhs are forcing other sikhs to cut there hair and become liek them... :@ @

but they don't have much knowledge on sikhism so they listen to these ppl around them adn don't realize what they're giving up :D..

and tru... i think the same... Western world has much more pakke sikhs than India.. :umm: atleast from what i c around me

Dear Bhainji,

My closest friend cut his hair as well. He was into Sikhi alot, but was going through some rough times with his family, since they weren't into sikhi, so first he started to cut his beard, which I thought was wrong and I spoke to him about it, and he said there are too many problems, so I said you have to keep faith, because this is what makes/breaks a person. Then a few days ago I just found out he cut his kes as well, but its not the end of the world, trust me.

Just bring him back with love, not with scolding him or telling him what he did was wrong, because if you bring him back with love Sikhi will flourish from the inside and it'll last a lifetime!!

KEEP THE FAITH!! ^_^

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

very good khalsa jee this is how it should be with love only, there are many ups and downs but we should keep faith is our gurujee all will be ok bhenje koi fikar na karo show him some katha nd pic of our shaheed when he and u are free call him near the comp,this job if it bes hell be back in seconds or itll take

some time but dont leave him.

• 1 year later...

vaaaheguroo jee ka khalsaaa vaaheguroo jee kee fatehhh!!!

it's been over a year since my brother cut his hair... he now has an extensive hat collection and just a week ago, my dad of all people... bought him a razor :|

a (former..) gursikh who was in my amrit sanchaar and who i thought was hardcore just recently cut their kes.. and i was talking to a good friend of this person, who said that the friendship between them has gone down the drain because their strongest connection was through sikhi.

anyways, i've known seen quite a few people go and cut their hair after keeping it for a number of years... it's hard to talk to them, even with pyar because the ones that have no regret whatsoever will just shut you out and the ones that do will shut you out too because they know it will only add to their guilt..

is it wrong to totally stop talking to someone if they cut their hair? aren't we not supposed to associate with people who do that...?

rumor has it some panj pyarai say dont talk to sikhs who trim their beard but keep the kesh on their head....

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I guess there lies the problem. Who do you define as a "sikh with cut hair". I mean if they cut their hair... then they probably arn't very religious to begin with...

... but then if we donot associate with cut-haired people... I'll pretty much have no friends! :wub: (I got a lot of friends from many cultures and religions...)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think everybody is at a different stage in his/her life. When I came to America, 7 years ago, I also cut my hair. Actually when I was in India, I had in mind that I will cut my hair when I go to America. I made all kinds of excuses to my parents to let me cut my hair, and I succeeded. But I always had the guilt, the guilt that ALWAYS stayed with like a shadow. Your brother may come back. I know it hurts when your loved one does something wrong. But at the same time, we do not have control over anyone's life, may it be anyone, even your brother. But you have to keep up with your life. Set an example. Do not try to convince anyone because our arguments cannot make anyone Sikh. It is our life, sachi suchi pooran Gursikhan wali life that will make one think about the path we are following. Bhai Lehna's life took a turn when he saw a Gursikh's life. So do more paath, naam simran and ardas, and leave the rest to Guru Sahib. Everybody comes to this earth with his/her own karam...

bhenji...i konw it's hard for ya.....

i grew up with a guy who was very much into gurbani and sikhi...but in his 18th year...he fell in with the wrong crowd and took off on a different path....he soon cut his hair...and then soon after stopped coming to sangat all together...

i used to tell himto come to samagams..but he always had excuses..so i stopped telling him to come...instead anytime i saw him...i just gave him love....cuz in my eyes i still saw that big bro who had soo much paat memorized...and just hoped he'd realize whwat he's missing out on...

and on a positive note...he just came out to a samgam recently...and stayed the whole samagam..and he was sooo excited about the samgam...soo excited about sangat, seva, simran....and he's told me he's going to be attending a lot more samagams now..and that for the first time in his life..he's really feeling it from his heart...

he still has his hair cut...but i'd say he's definately coming back on track...and with guru ji's kirpa..he will be a great gursikh in the future....

i guess i'm sharing with you is ...that i want you to konw that people fall off the path...but ..guru ji with his appaaar bakshish...will guide these souls back....and it is vital that gursikhs give him a ton of love.....

it definately won't happen overnight.... it took my friend over five years to step into a samgam..and he's still got a ways to go......

but guru ji will do his kirpa...

keep the faith bhenaay....