Khalsa Camp [uk] 2005

Baldeep Singh

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa camp was amazing as per usual , may Guur ji bless all the sevaadars who dedicated there much prized annual leave and efforts in to making this a memorable camp. I personally would like to thank all the speakers including the tapoban singhs for giving life changing/informative and inspirational talks. Bhai Jasbir singhs workshop on who to respect Guru Granth sahib ji w, he even explained how to do proper metha tek, Jasbir singh had me in tears a few times in that workshop as he radiated so much pyaar for Guru ji . This was an amzing camp very inspiring , I haev already started to implement changes in my jeevan.

Than :wub: kx againt to all Gurmukh payaaray that where involved in arranging this camp :wub: :wub:

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the camp as a whole gets a thumbs up from me :TH:

Amritvela and Sadh sangat was amazing and were def the best part of the camp.

My convo with Bhai Balpreet Singh (Tapoban Singh) was really inspiring... i defo need to sort my life out jamdoot.gif

One suggestion, many at the camp (like myself) are not AKJ so if there could be some speakers from all jathebandi's.... i feel it'll bring more ekta united.gif

oh yeh.. the kirtan was sooo wicked :wub:

Vaheguroooo Jeee Kaaa Khalsaaaah, Vahegurooo Jeee Keee Fateeeeeeeh!

Thank you your opinion, its valued.

One suggestion, many at the camp (like myself) are not AKJ so if there could be some speakers from all jathebandi's.... i feel it'll bring more ekta  united.gif

Question? :

I want to ask, whilst present during the camp did anyone promote any Jathabandeee, whether it Taksalis, Nanaksar, AKJ, etc etc ? grin.gif

If anyone wanted to stand up and had something to say, they were more than welcome to do so.

In my opinion there are two things : Guru Granth, Guru Panth and not Guru Jathebandees. :nihungsmile:

Vaheguroooo Jeee Kaaa Khalsaaaah, Vahegurooo Jeee Keee Fateeeeeeeh!

In my opinion there are two things : Guru Granth, Guru Panth and not Guru Jathebandees.  :nihungsmile:

117131[/snapback]

Finally someone who agrees with me!!!!! lol

Jatahabanday are just like family groups or caste systems if you look at it properly! Punjabi have their castes and now sikhs have theirs. Like the culture is being bought into Sikhi though Guru Gobind Singh Ji said there are no caste systems, just one, the Khalsa Panth!!!!

Well said paji!

And no, there wasnt any emphisis on a jatha!! Bahi Sahib Randhir Singh was mentioned a few times but for the purpose of his jeevan as a great Gursikh.

Not jatha was promoted!!!

Come on, Nihang Singhs were there, Taksaal were there! and Akjs and for the week there was so division as such! jst everyone chilling together!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh jio

All-info i agree with you too :wub: ))

We have to put the khalsa panth first and rise above 'minor differences' we share.

But like anything words are words, and actions are wut counts,

so respect to all the Gur Sikhs who turned upto Khalsa Camp from different backgrounds with an open mind, u know who you are :wub: )))))))))))

Khalsa Camp did not push any one view, it was all about the 'bhagti' and more importantly there was no 'under cover pushing of views which happens at other camps

Talking from experience, I've been on majority of camps in UK in last 7 yrs and have seen the informal discussions take place (the one 2 ones or in dorms etc) that either promote one jatha bandey or even worse slag down another jathabandey.

This from my knowlegde did not occur at Khalsa Camp which was a blessing

guru Sahibs kirpa, the camp was wicked- innit!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahegur uji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh ji

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Khalsa Camp was the first camp I ever been to and it was truly an amazing experience. :wub:

The best bits in my opinion were Amritvela and the chance to do seva of the Sangatta and Guru Sahib. I really enjoyed the langar seva, becos it was done in the way it is done in Gurudwaras in India, with all the sangat sitting on the floor together, chanting Waheguroo, before a Jaikara gave the sangat permission to start eating. Unfortunately you don't get that in many Western Gurudwaras these days.

Also the talks were really good, putting across real complicated themes in a logical and structured manner. I recommend people to have a look at the videos of the talks, cos they really were good.

The Keertan was also really amaaazing!!!

An important message of Khalsa Camp was the continued emphasis on Naam Japna, Bhagti and Discovering the Spirit Within. Sometimes, it is easy to make Sikhi all about external appearance, and external interactions, but this was not the case with Khalsa Camp.

Having the opportunity to interact and do Sangat with commited and knowledgeable Sikhs like the Tapoban Singhs and the like of Surjit Singh was also very inspiring. I definitely learnt a lot from them!!!

And the accommodation/facilities were excellent. :TH:

As far as where the camp can improve:

- I thought it was may be a bit too action packed. blush.gif This was becos we were always running over, and we never got to ask all the questions we may have wanted to in a talk. Also, I wanted to go more workshops, but these could not be scheduled in. May be the Camp could be a day or two longer next time, so that things can be more spaced out. pray.gif

Khalsa Camp did not push any one view, it was all about the 'bhagti' and more importantly there was no 'under cover pushing of views which happens at other camps

Talking from experience, I've been on majority of camps in UK in last 7 yrs and have seen the informal discussions take place (the one 2 ones or in dorms etc) that either promote one jatha bandey or even worse slag down another jathabandey.

This from my knowlegde did not occur at Khalsa Camp which was a blessing

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with the above comments. I have had the good grace and Guru's Kirpa to have had sangat in a lot of Jathebandis, and there are amazing Gurmukhs in all Jathebandis.

In a few of the talks, some of the speakers were subtly and indirectly having digs at other Jathebandis. You have to have knowledge of these other Jathebandis to understand where the speakers were coming from. Since the talks were so great, I just thought it was so unnecessary to bring in these subtle points to the talk - TOTALLY unnecessary!!! It just left a sour taste in my mind, and distracted me from the more important subject being discussed.

Also, when there were private discussions with senior speakers at the camp, there was pushing forward of a certain Jathebandi, and denigration/put down of others. This happened where confused youth, who are considering or wanting to take Amrit soon, asked what the differences were between all the Jathebandis, and where they should take Amrit. I know of at least 4 instances of where this happened. Rather than balanced neutral replies, the impartiality displayed generally in the camp completely went out of the window. no.gif This was not by the UK organisers of Khalsa Camp, but the external speakers who came in.

Also, I spoke to at least 4/5 youth who were ready to take Amrit, but were being held back because of the confusion as to where to go to take it. In my opinion, they only came out of the camp even more confused. wacko.gif

The Organisers were very good in ensuring that Jathebandi politics did not come into issue, and they encouraged everybody, regardless of background to do Keertan, Langar, Paath di Seva, etc. Perhaps the UK organisers could impress upon the speakers to truly follow an impartial approach next year, so that it continues to be a truly "Khalsa Camp."

I hope I have not offended anyone in anyway. The instances mentioned above were very very minor grievances compared to the huge positives of the camp, and I hope the organisers take these considerations on board.

With Guru's Kirpa, I hope to be going next year. pray.gifpray.gifpray.gif I would also encourage others to attend to learn in about Sikhi in a great environment. :wub:

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Also, I spoke to at least 4/5 youth who were ready to take Amrit, but were being held back because of the confusion as to where to go to take it. In my opinion, they only came out of the camp even more confused.

117227[/snapback]

You have to beg for amrit and also, should be clear!! From the PANJ PIYAARAY FORMING GURU GOBIND SINGH JI MAHARAJ!!!!!!!

doesnt get any more confusing!!

Choosing where to take it shows you cant be 100% ready can it? because you want to either be associated with a certain jatha then another or you want a different rehit to another!! therefore are you really accepting the hukham of Guru Ji?

If you want to take amrit, do ardas, beg Guru Ji for it and the first amrit sanchar that comes up is the one u go to, if you get refused, your not ready, if your accepted then simple as, you took amrit from Guru Ji and job done. Your Gurus Warrior not a jathas follower.

Sorry if that offends anyone. Amritsanchars seem to be like a pick and mix, you choose which one suits your lifestyle. But from what im aware off, you adapt to the lifestyle given to you!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

All-Info Jee ... I agree with your views completely. Amrit is given whenever there are 5 Pyarai forming the Roop of Guru Khalsa Panth and in the presence of Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj.

But when youth are told by elders that the Amrit Sanchaar of others is not proper or defective, or not as Guru Jee commanded, and the Amrit that we provide is in accordance with Gurmat, then this will inevitably create confusion in the youth, who want Amrit of Guru Jee with proper Maryada.

Unfortunately, this is a huge problem facing the Panth at the moment. no.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

All-Info Jee ... I agree with your views completely. Amrit is given whenever there are 5 Pyarai forming the Roop of Guru Khalsa Panth and in the presence of Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj.

But when youth are told by elders that the Amrit Sanchaar of others is not proper or defective, or not as Guru Jee commanded, and the Amrit that we provide is in accordance with Gurmat, then this will inevitably create confusion in the youth, who want Amrit of Guru Jee with proper Maryada.

Unfortunately, this is a huge problem facing the Panth at the moment. no.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

117268[/snapback]

Vahegurooo Jee Kaaa Khalsaaaaaaah, Vahegurooo Jeee Keee Fateeeeeh!

Thank you NaamRas and All-Info for your valid points these have been noted and will be passed onto the Khalsa (Camp) Exectutives.

Please can we have some-more inputs from others that those of you that attended, your experiences, opinions, negatives, positives wot ever... please keep updating.

Baldeep Singh.

Vahegurooo Jeeeee Kaaaa Khalsaaaah, vahegurooo Jeee Keee Fateeeeeeh!

I thought Khalsa Camp was brilliant. :wub: First time I have been to any camp and I am now thinking I have missed out on alot. I think it should become complusory! We were blessed with darshan of lareedar saroop of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji! The feeling of walking to the Darbar Sahib in the Amrit vela hours, the sight of other Singhs and Singhnia also walking there, greeting each other with Guru sahib's Fateh and then being able to matha tek to Guru sahib while beautiful naam simran is being sung by the sat sangat! Waheguruuuuuu!

Shalok, Third Mehl:

baabeehaa a(n)mrith vaelai boliaa thaa(n) dhar sunee pukaar ||

The rainbird chirps in the ambrosial hours of the morning before the dawn; its prayers are heard in the Court of the Lord.

maeghai no furamaan hoaa varasahu kirapaa dhhaar ||

The order is issued to the clouds, to let the rains of mercy shower down.

ho thin kai balihaaranai jinee sach rakhiaa our dhhaar ||

I am a sacrifice to those who enshrine the True Lord within their hearts.

naanak naamae sabh hareeaavalee gur kai sabadh veechaar ||1||

O Nanak, through the Name, all are rejuvenated, contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||1||

Then we were gifted Guru Sahib's Karah Parsad - how to describe? rolleyes.gif ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Degh was prepared by the Sarablohi Singhs and it was amazing!

Lectures were amazing - they were captivating, inspiring and very informative. I think the lecture about the meaning of life was the best for me - made me realise the value of life

heerae jaisaa janam hai kouddee badhalae jaae ||1||

Human life is such a precious jewel, but it is being lost in exchange for a mere shell. ||1||

Like a diamond that it is formed after thousands of years, so we too have been going through so many reincarnations to attain human life and now that we have got it we decide to forsake it for worldy enjoyments, we get attached to maya, when in fact we should be using this precious opportunity for maximum naam abyhas. On top of this we have been blessed by Waheguru to have been born into Sikhi - how lucky are we? So stop watching TV guys! ban.gif

As NaamRas said workshops were great - the only problem was that they seemed to fly by and you couldn't attend all the various workshops. I wish I could have gone to Bhai Kulbir Singhs grammar class - I hear it was great. Maybe a sewadar could put this on the web for everyones benefit? I would have preferred shorter activity times in turn for more workshop time.

I miss camp!