Plz Guide Me

hi wjkk wjkf

im new to the new site so hi evry1

in need of some peace i guess..within myself i found this site an now i turn 2 you for help

just recently i accidentally stumbled across a few websites that brought some personal experiences home, in a sense

it is a controversial issue i know, one with no significance, but still one that exists - cast

from my own personal experience, i have been abused by another so called 'higher caste'. the abuse in the form of taunts and jokes...can affect ones self esteem

im a sikh girl, but for clarification ill add im tharkhan

never at skool did i go through wot ive been thru at university

ive been made 2 feel low, non existent an not worthy

i have no idea y and i kno it doesnt matter wot i belong to as ultimately i belong to my faith - sikhi

but its not jus me...an from other sites the abuse i hear is just awfull...i cant sleep at nite...i just keep thinking y o y does this happen

are we all not GODS children

i know we r all one an specifically told not 2 follow castism...but the abuse by fellow sikhs is still there

i have been very pareshaan over the last week...and am becoming restless with these thoughts occupying my mind

can any1 pleez help me...i need 2 regain some shaanti...some order

even if i overcome the abuse thrown at me,...i cant help but think of all the others who are abused

i take things to heart so seriously i know...but my heart is getting heavy

i dont want 2 post details of abuse as i fear they may create controversy

but has ne1 been in my situation? if so wot 2 do? bearing in mind im an overly emotional sensitive creature

thankyou in advance

:wub:

Hi penji welcome to sikhsangat :wub:

As sikhs we know that our guru's dissed the whole caste idea and said there is no caste, high low,small big, we're all same. People knowing this, even amritdhari's may say yeah we don't believe in caste system but when it comes to head their first to say 'what jaath are you (casteare you)'. My parents are no exception although they have calmed down abit since my brothers and i constantly ask and question them that why hold such beliefs when what our guru's told us z what really matters and you can't please other people.

its just a sad fact of society but rest assured not all us guys are like that, especially the youth. I go to uni myself and yeah some guys come round and say what are you...waht are you (pointing at each person) and when it comes to my turn i say i am sikh thas it, they'er like oh come on tell us.....etc.

once i waz walking wit two mates of mine to a lectuere and guy from my class goes aman walk with us we're higher!!! wacko.gif :wub: .I walked upto this guy and said in whta way u higher, u have 2 feet, 2hands 2 eyes ears etc so do us all, then?, wats so special bout you, i cant see jatt written on ur matha(forehead).

poor guy waz proper shamed up and asked for forgiveness and educated a few others.

My advice to you is to ignore all this, it aint gona go away that easy, never has, but confront any1 in a group like a singh, singhnee :wub: it works, shaeful loks on their faces well worth it!

penjee wee all sons and daughters of the one almighty creater remember that and don't lose sleep over ignorant, mallminded, egoistic people. You're life, and time is yours dont waste it blush.gif

gurfateh ji, :wub:

well... just stop goin to the sites where u see the abuse.. and keep away from people are talkin smack... 'cause in the end... i's only gonna hurt them... they're only words... why should they hurt you? and on top of that i's pure jibberish.. and it kinda seems ur contradicting urself.. like u know in sikhi we don't believe in castes at ALL... yet... u get offended and depressed when people badmouth 'your caste'.... i dun see how that works...

btw... where are u from? maybe we can get brothers n sisters from around where u live to help u out... i's alwayz good to get some positive sangat around you... i know those kinda jokes used to happen in high school.. but i don't hear much at all of that happenin in uni...

just be sure that u recognize the sangat you keep... stay away from those that look down upon you and those that will keep you down in life and in sikhi.. and when they say that type'a stuff... just let it go in one ear and out the other.. 'cause in the end... we're not tharkhaan.. or jatt... or mistry... or ramgharia or whatever... we're SIKH.. and we gotta stand tall.. so next time nebody says nethin to you.. tell em ... that you're a SIKH.. and in SIKHI we dont' believe in caste...

yeh i hear wot ur all sayin...

as 4 the last comment...i dont get dwn coz they dissin ma caste generally...coz they bringin the essence of sikhi dwn an i kno other ppl get hurt...hurts me 2......i kno i kno...in 1 ear n out the ear...ignore...guess i was jus askin 4 support....needed a shoulda n turned 2 the site

thanx ppl

im from slough...go 2 uni in nottingham wich is mostly bham based ppl

are you sure they are cursing at you, it could just be the accent grin.gif they are from birmingham afterall tongue.gif

Neways, like someone mentioned, avoid coming in contact with such people, just keep your self busy with friends who are there to support you and also since you are in uni i am sure u have plenty of work to be getting on with.

When i was in Highschool just like everyone else i experienced, bullying and comments from mostly apne ppl but in college and uni things were different , you would think that people are more mature at that age. So for me uni and college were great.

Souround your self with likeminded people and avoid these high n mighty so called sikhs. Thats all i can say.

With regards to forums and websites, well this is one forum where you will not be made fun of because of ur cast. We are all sikhs and need to respect and strengthen our common heritage by respecting and embracing everyone, whichever background they may come from.

i think, you need to adopt the "i dont give a Cr*p about what these people say" attitude.

p.s. you are always welcome to post anything on the forum for advice but also there is a blogging feature on the forum which you can use as your personal diary to vent out any fustrations or nethings.

take care