Feeling Frustrated

Dhan Teri Sikhi

I went on a training course and comments were made at that course by the person giving the course that she knows of someone in a professional job who was not promoted because that person did not wear lipstick before she went to see clients. Eventually her superiors stopped taking her to meetings. And the thing is that this girl was a gori. This has just made me feel so frustrated… no.gif :wub:

What the hell has lipstick got to do with how well a person does their job…

the professional/business world is VERY concerned about looks (unfortunately)... everybody must fit the 'right' description n all that stuff... i's like business edicate... like unwritten rules of how to dress n act n stuff... some things are good... but most things are pretty stupid... i know this 'cause i myself am in the business field...

before (and even now) for singhs, the NORM was to tie up the dari n all that... but i myself, and i've seen many other singhs who work in business or professional areas working with their dari's untied... and i personally love it...

but yah.. it is rather frustrating sometimes... i would say it is a lot harder for women in these fields then it is for men... 'cause to be blunt, women 'have' to have more of a sex appeal... i's pure rubbish in my opinion...

the professional/business world is VERY concerned about looks (unfortunately)... everybody must fit the 'right' description n all that stuff... i's like business edicate... like unwritten rules of how to dress n act n stuff... some things are good... but most things are pretty stupid... i know this 'cause i myself am in the business field...

before (and even now) for singhs, the NORM was to tie up the dari n all that... but i myself, and i've seen many other singhs who work in business or professional areas working with their dari's untied... and i personally love it...

but yah.. it is rather frustrating sometimes... i would say it is a lot harder for women in these fields then it is for men... 'cause to be blunt, women 'have' to have more of a sex appeal... i's pure rubbish in my opinion...

119357[/snapback]

yh sex appeal.. n den they wonder y rape cases haf increased :wub: grin.gif

true but cant deny that is the way for a woman to sometimes get a job, ok rape cases increasing but getting easier for women to get jobs.

I went for work experience, hoping to get a training contract, a few other girls there too, I didnt get it, found out later thru another guy that the well dressed girl with the make up got it cos she was flirting with the boss and he said she was more likely to sleep with him for promotion :wub: .

so now i just have to flirt, great... rolleyes.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

oh my goodness...thats awful....no woman should be MADE wear makeup for a career...thats so lame! There is no way of justifying that lipstick is more professional. I remember i worked in a travel agency and i never wore any make up but most of the other girls caked themselves with it and it was so horrible. The girls used the make up like a mask....when they wore this make up somehow they got all flirty and feminine.......ugh! the minds of the "western" society....i hope any women on here is never made feel that she MUST change her apperance to further her career. AKAAAAAAAAAAALLLL! :TH:

SAT NAM

true but cant deny that is the way for a woman to sometimes get a job, ok rape cases increasing but getting easier for women to get jobs.

I went for work experience, hoping to get a training contract, a few other girls there too, I didnt get it, found out later thru another guy that the well dressed girl with the make up got it cos she was flirting with the boss and he said she was more likely to sleep with him for promotion :) .

so now i just have to flirt, great... rolleyes.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

119373[/snapback]

hmmm... maybe u should sleep wit the boss next time... bhaahahahahahahahaha... jks jks jks... hahahaha... LOL.gif

that wouldnt be a good working environment neway bhain ji, and not every work environment will be like that..... dont think of it as the employer is filtering you out, think of it as Guru ji is helping you filter your employers out to help you find the best job and job atmosphere possible

bhul chuk maaf

Fateh