Pesh

Guest Guest

on the same note, what happens if u go to re-take amrit just to re-charge and re-energize urself, coz u been slacking at keeping rehits properly, but never committed a bajjar kurehit? like say if some1 missed amritvela loads of times, missed nitnem way too many times, tied their beard on some occassions regularly, wasn't able to keep bibek all that properly, the mind was infested alot with kaam-krodh-hankaar-moh-lobh, one did nindya, used to cuss, at some instances knowing/unknowingly the person lied also, ofcourse unwillingly...blah blah...basically did loads of crap but none of the bajjar kurehits, and so one wants 2 re-energize n re-charge oneself...so what can be expected from the Panj?

also, my panj said that if u dont keep rehits properly, u can do ardas and apologize, but if u commit a bajjar kurehit, u gotta re-take amrit...but im wondering what if some1 wants to re-take amrit in order to refresh themselves all over again and follow all rehits alot more firmly as compared to before...???

It depends on your sharda bhai sahib, if you as an individual feel that you cannot progress in your sikhi without speaking to the panj pyareh, then by all means do so. They may say to you that what you have done is not a mistake and that you do not need to retake amrit, but thats their decision. I thin ultimately its your choice as to whether the 'smaller' mistakes deserve peaking to the gur about in this manner.

regrading goin pesh in general, there are normally 2 diff methods as have ben discussed above. Either the sangat is simply told that if u have done a mistake/krehit then mutha tekh etc do this much extra path and seva. Or alternatively they invite you up one by one and quietly as you what you ahve done. Then you must tell them everything which is one your mind, do everything because otherwise you might regret not tellin them something later and might mean u need to go back again. Tell them and then they will discuss the 'saza/punishment' with the other panj singhs and then again will quitely tell you what you need to do ie path seva etc.

Either way is fine, panj singhs are guru roop!

And just to add singhs who do panj di seva are or at least should be on a very very high spiritual level. And having spoken to a few one thing they say is that anything that is said in the amrit sanchar stays there. they cannot and will not repeat anything outside, as if they do, the saza of that crime falls on them as tyhey have failed in their duty of panj pyareh. So dont avoid going to see the guru becauase of these reasons, yes we do need to feel ashamed when we sin, but then we need to know guru ji does forgive and we can aproach him for that forgiveness.

on the same note, what happens if u go to re-take amrit just to re-charge and re-energize urself, coz u been slacking at keeping rehits properly, but never committed a bajjar kurehit? like say if some1 missed amritvela loads of times, missed nitnem way too many times, tied their beard on some occassions regularly, wasn't able to keep bibek all that properly, the mind was infested alot with kaam-krodh-hankaar-moh-lobh, one did nindya, used to cuss, at some instances knowing/unknowingly the person lied also, ofcourse unwillingly...blah blah...basically did loads of crap but none of the bajjar kurehits, and so one wants 2 re-energize n re-charge oneself...so what can be expected from the Panj?

also, my panj said that if u dont keep rehits properly, u can do ardas and apologize, but if u commit a bajjar kurehit, u gotta re-take amrit...but im wondering what if some1 wants to re-take amrit in order to refresh themselves all over again and follow all rehits alot more firmly as compared to before...???

120979[/snapback]

i know a few people who have gone for pesh because they really went downhill on doin their nitnem and stuff... i still think tha's okay... u just gotta tell the sevadars before u go to do pesh... that way they know that u didn't do a kurehit...

also about the kaam krodh etc... stuff, everybody goes through that... its VERY hard to get away from that... the path to sikhi is to take control of those 5 chors.. we work to better ourselves everyday.. even i myself have a lot of kaam.. but i's somethin i'm tryin to control... i's hard, but i'm trying my hardest... and i dunno if i'll ever be able to overcome it... very few sikhs are able to control all 5... they are called gurmukhs...

but yah, basically just explain to the sevadars/panj pyaray why u wanna go for pesh... everything will fall into its place..

pesh is basically goin to panj pyaray for forgiveness... when a person is amritdhari and commites a bujjar kurehit or somethin they feel they have done to disrespect their Amrit, to go to panj pyaray and Guru Jee to admit their faults and ask for forgivness...

basically its the process of re-taking amrit...

after that... panj pyaray will give u a 'consequence' or seva to do for ur actions... it can very... i know people that are told to do sukhmani sahib everyday for a month... i know sum1s who had to do joray de seva for 3 months... etcc....

anywhoo... u get the picture..

peshing...retaking amrit ..is for only people who have done a bujjar kurehit...

other stuff...i feel is making a mockery of AMRIT...

amrit is not something that will be broken or weakend ...cuz you missed your amritvela...or didn't do nitnem one day...

GURU ji isn't expecting you to be perfect all the time...yes...we should all strive to keep rehit perfectly...but honestly...it's a learning and Growing process...and with time..given you put effort and with gurparsad...you will be parakh in your rehit...

also...i read in one post...i believe mehtab singh...that you'd want to take amrit again for tying your beard?????

whats up with that...that is something that's personal preference....no REHIT is being BROKEN if you tie your beard for work...