Is It Ek Oankaar Or Ek Omkaar

Dear Gursikhs,

One thing which is really confusing me is the very First Word of Our Guru Granth Sahebji and that is Ek Oankaar or is it Ek Omkaar.

Whether we may like it or not Guru Nanak Devji has taken the preachings of many Scholars of all religions.

OM is the most powerful word in the universe.

By saying OM each & every part of our Body is active.

Try it yourself.

Cause if we are not following the very first word of our Guru than where are we heading for?

Gursikh of Universe

i dont se how he got EkOAngkaar from sum other scholars. he actually taught yogis 2 say onnkaar! lol dat gave them the bliss as long as they carryed on repeating it.

lissten to the katha of japjhi sahib by baba takhur singh ji.. ull c where im cuming from.

OM is not deemed as the most pwerful matra wotever.. coz it dusnt remember god.

a) only bhramins allowed 2 recite it

b) three parts of om - bhrama vishnu, shiva.. no God

so Om only belongs to bhramins and it focuses on the 3 deities.. so it cant be the most powerful mantra wacko.gif

i remember someone writing ik-omkaar on a table in science once. that got me thinking.

i may not have learnt alot since that day (perhaps nearly 2 years now) but anyhow....

aum is said to have been the word that was first said when god created the world.

it is said to represent the vedas, the puranas and everything living. hence when doing yoga, you hear people reciting this long "OOOMMMMMMM" to represent timlessness of the universe.

but remember, we are not hindu,

aum-represents hinduism

hence we do not say "ik-aumkaar"

but "ikonkaar" is a reference to god, the timeless and formless roop.

gustaphi maaf