Importance Of Kesh?....need Help!

Guest vsingh

penji you know why we cut our nails becoz imagineo kay we need to kirt (work) hana we cant with massive nails can we......hair dont interfere with nearly all types of kirat. so thas one reason

another its very unhygenic to grow such nails and can also pose a danger to others, eg. poke their eye outs,, im sure growing long hair cant do that.

u know what i mean penji

take care jee

120894[/snapback]

Well if I say my dhari also interfere with my daily life like eating icecream and sometimes burgers....what will be ur reasoning to defend it. Hair can also be unhygenic if we do not clean umm....same goes with nails, teeth,..etc etc etc.

FYI:For me, I kept my kesh cuz my guru told me to do so. My love doesn't need any logics or reasoning.

for me...i can explain many logical and religios reasons...but my favorite one is...because i love my kesh....i know that doesn't help....but...hehe

bhaaji...there's a book........it's more of a pamphlet....shoot i can't rememebr the name/ or find it.........it gives a lot of reasons why kes are important....the Vitamin D reason...and it also said something about ppl with unshorn and covered hair have a less risk of getting sun diseases (i m not sure about this one...been a while since i read that).....but Kes helps soak Vitamin D from the Sun which is very rarely found in foods and stuff...........

i hope it helped

:TH: waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fathea

Today what sell is must be different from others, and our guruji has judged it well before the time. This is great blessing of guruji that he made us to be different from others with some differnt speciality. I have experienced this many times. In ballarat, australia people stand to look at me. and this is the movement when I feel proud because I am different because of my guruji.

In india my people laughed over me; this turned me into joyly in nature with a very broadminded ness and even sometimes I had showed them there limits too.

We dare to do things with different approach, because we are different and this makes us creative, experimenting and always active.

So These keshs (hairs) have a direct impact on the overall personality developement of a sikh to be different.

Sikh will be always different and Hairs and turban are icons of khalsa ( a true skih).

Sardar ji

:)

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Sadhsangat ji,

Many people ask what is the importance of "kesh" ?

Personally for me, to ask this question is to question creativity of Akal Purakh and hence i dont need any justification for this but there are many people who ask for scientific reasoning behind this. For them religious importance of "kesh" is not enough and today i couldnt convince someone with this question.

I need your help sadhsangat ji, please give me some references which answer this question both in scientific and religious way. This will not be only an answer which i want to give in my discussion but rather i want to learn this and more myself.

Gur Fateh

Daas...

VSingh

120860[/snapback]

Today what sell is must be different from others, and our guruji has judged it well before the time. This is great blessing of guruji that he made us to be different from others with some differnt speciality. I have experienced this many times. In ballarat, australia people stand to look at me. and this is the movement when I feel proud because I am different because of my guruji.

In india my people laughed over me; this turned me into joyly in nature with a very broadminded ness and even sometimes I had showed them there limits too.

We dare to do things with different approach, because we are different and this makes us creative, experimenting and always active.

So These keshs (hairs) have a direct impact on the overall personality developement of a sikh to be different.

Sikh will be always different and Hairs and turban are icons of khalsa ( a true skih).