Sant Samaj, Taksal Reject Calendar

kurtas

Sant Samaj, Taksal reject calendar

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Chowk Mehta, September 20

The Sant Samaj, headed by Baba Sarbjot Singh Bedi, Damdami Taksal, led by Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma, and representatives of about 150 Panthic organisations, including two former jathedars of Akal Takht, today rejected the Nanakshahi Calendar approved by both SGPC and Akal Takht.

The resolution rejecting the Nanakshahi Calendar has come as a big setback for the SGPC and Akal Takht even as two outside takhts, including Hazoor Sahib and Patna Sahib, have already been observing and celebrating Sikh gurpurbs as per the traditional Bikrami calendar. The attempt to make the Nanaksahi Calendar — the first Sikh calendar stand severely suffered.

The Sikh conclave, held at the Damdami Taksal here, rejected the proposed move of the SGPC to allow women to participate in the ‘Amrit Sanchar’ ceremonies, seva of carrying ‘Palki†from Akal Takht to Harmander Sahib and vice versa, allowing baptised Sikh women to perform kirtan and the cleaning of sanctum sanctorum of Harmander Sahib.

The Sikh conclave decided to launch ‘chetna march’ from tomorrow with a view to ‘restoring’ the age old Sikh Maryada in Harmander Sahib and Akal Takht. The district-wise jathas would be reaching Akal Takht regularly for 21 days.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every day new controversy. And another thing to mention that in the news they have used Baba Sarabjot Singh Bedi's name. If i am not wrong they are talkin about baba sarabjot singh bedi jawadi kala ludhianey waley coz there's none other with this name. And left his Chola more than a year ago.

GURFATHEH,

good to c that some singhs are actually rejected this obserd calender and also on the topic of bibia being in the sacred panj pyare, typically its taksal that standing up for sikh rights again and again and agian aswell as various other groups. its funny how the sgpc tries to count itself as the whole of the khlasa panth and just tries to make bogus decisions which it wants the whole of the panth to follow, more like the decisions are premade by the indian government and various other intellegence agencies and the sgpc are just the puppets, why shoulld the whole of the panth have to suffer for the mistakes made by the sgpc. the only thing that the sgpc is doing is causing more breaks and splits in the panth as they also have the support of sri akhal takht jathedar who SEEMS to not be doing the work of a jathedar of akhal takht, nevertheless, great stuff to cause conflict, confusion and devisions in the panth, keep it up lol.

gurfatheh

vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee ke fateh

i know that the DDT hav rejected women being in the panj pyarae that is coz during Vaisakhi time no bibi stood up to giv thier head (not sayin that men are betta than women in sikhi) but i dont no y they r not allowed to do seva n r against the nanakshahi calander i meen istn it good that we got our calander??????? grin.gif

can sum1 anser this 4 me

:) :doh:

sorry if i offended ne1

vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee ke fateh

Perhaps we also pick up this discussion on Taksal and attitudes towards women from Tapoban:

http://tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=4...165#reply_48618

Where the following quote from the DDT rehit maryada is being discussed:

"Be faithful to your one wife, see others as your daughters and sisters, (for women you must be faithful to one husband and see others as your sons and brothers)." (//. 6, Pauri 8, Bhai Gurdas Jee)

(is) interpreted as follows:

A Singh must look upon his wife as his faithful Singhni and a SINGHNI SHOULD LOOK UPON HER HUSBAND AS PARMESHWAR(GOD).

Does this sound like Sikhi?

It is sacred duty of Taksal to go against all Panthic decisions.

121735[/snapback]

hmm nanakshahi is not panthic wacko.gif it mucks up everything since its according ot the WESTERN calenders. basically, the months in the original calender where based on the position of the moon.. but suddenly sum1 had the right 2 change it to suite the caldenrs that do it according to the sun!

y dont u jsut say its a sacred duty of ALL Jathas to go against at least some Panthic decisions?

ksingh tell me this..... is Akal Takht right or Taksal right? grin.gif

yet these people choose to take some of the panthic decisions at akal takht in theyre way but some dont... either you dont tak all or you take all panthic decsions andmove on... what is wrong for sikhs to have there own panthic calender. why is that we have to follow bhaman calenders!!!!!! wacko.gif

also can i ask you if bibia cant be in panj pyarai and then why do they take amrit?