Was Jst Woundeirn .. Are Coloured Kachera Allowed?

guruji's_student

what about a stripy one then? Or one with stars on it? How about one with mickey mouse on it?

Gurmukho, Kecheira is Guru Sahib's bakshish, Gurmatt requires a certain type of discipline in order to stay Chardi Kalha. You may think I'm talking cack, parr meri gall kahee yaad rakhiyo! Kacheiray da Satkaar rakho if nothing else.

i'd like to know how it is disrespect for the kakaar if it does have stripes or stars or mickey mouse on it???

please provide a logical reasoned out argument...with references to ithaasic granths and/or gurbani....

thank you...

by the way...

the OFFICIAL AKAL TAKT maryada ...doesn't say anything about kacherra colour....

so the OFFICIAL answer from our HIGHEST TEMPORAL AUTHORITY...is NO...colour doesn't matter...

if you follow other jathas, that do believe in the white kacherra rule..more power to you...but DO NOT...i repeat DO NOT....say it is the SIKH maryada that kacherra has to e white...you can say ..according to the maryada so and so follows...it has to be white...but DO NOT speak on behalf of akal takt..especially if you are using other rehits...

Forgive me, but I am unable to reference my sarcasm... no.gif

"A historical account, one of many, of Guru Gobind Singh jee commanding us to wear kakkars is in a description of the first amrit sanchar in 1699 in Guru Kian Sakhian, Bhatt Sarup Singh Kaushish, 1790:

"Thereafter, Guru ji pronounced, 'on your rebirth in the Khalsa Panth, your previous lineage, caste, creed, calling, customs, beliefs and superstitions, etc. stand annulled from now onwards. Transforming you into the Order of Khalsa, I have endowed you with the apparel of the Almighty God, you shall have to keep its honour. Before administering this nectar of steel, I also bestowed you with five kakaars (Ks, i.e. defining emblems). You have never to keep them away from your body even by mistake. I gave you, at the start, a blue keski, kangha, kirpan, sarbloh ka kara and white kachhehra. In the event of the loss or misplacement of any of these, get its infringement pardoned in the Sangat by going to Gurdwara without any delay." "

taken from http://www.akj.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=281

Now everyone cheer up :T: May the Force be with you.

all i know is that it has to be a solid color.so no designs i gues.......altho this moorakh does not follow her own advice.i would say white kashaira is best..............

ughhhhhhhhhh....i told my mom to order white kashairas for me from india.but she ordered light brown!!! ughhhhhhh..........and my dad gets white that suks!!! i think my mum is being sexist..i m gonna go tell her tht

LOL

i heard this from some1 so dont know if its rite or not but tehy said u cant wear a kachera thats teh clour of you dastar ie: navy blue because you wear that colour on ur head.. now ALot of you are gonna question me and i ask thsi question to my self as well soemtimes..

"but u also wear a white dastar yeah.. but this isn't my opinion.. i'm just telling teh sangat what i heard and i would liek to share it with teh sangat. SO DONty leik come spazzing on me and stuff..... no.gif