Amrit vela

Guest mehtab

yea about the cold water thing...i do it all the time (year-round) cuz its actually really good for circulation, and suprisingly it'll leave you feeling warmer than taking a warm water shower. b/c wehn you take a warm shower, your body is used to a very high temperature taht gets generated and is in the air in your shower/tub. but right outside your shower/tub, teh same "warmness" isnt present, so once you step out you freeze...[so not cool... :( ] but if you take a warm shower, and tehn for the last 20 sec blast cold water, and i mean cold, your refreshed and once you stop the water and step out of your tub/shower, you dont freeze cuz the air outside isnt as cold, so its actually much better for you...yea so theres my lil advice...duno if it helps.

oh and me and amritvela have a very interesting realtionship... :T: winter i always do amritvela, spring usually, summer, in the beginning no, and then i go hardcore, come september i do it, but for some very strange reason october im just really bad and never do it...or do it very rarely and then november im good again. i duno, im just weird.

btw, my suggestion if you have a really LOUD alarm clock...yea close your bedroom door, and do ardaas the night before asking for amritvela [this really works! i promise...its amazing...the nights i do my ardaas and ask for amrit vela, no matter what time i sleep...1, 2... i wake up at 4, and am not ti

red for the whole day...but if i sleep without remembering to do ardaas...yea...i dont wake up till like 10 min before my bus comes... ohmy.gif ]anyways keep the your bedroom door closed, and make sure your parents know that your putting on an alarm...cuz even if they get annoyed [mine do...cuz sometimes i wont get up, and my alarm clock is SO loud and then i end up waking up everyone...i tried telling them that it was good that they were up at amrit vela...but it didnt quite work out... :) ]

kaur jee...as everyone knows here that i m stupid # 1...but what i have heard is that any sudden change in temperature (especially hot to cold) causes sickness called "garam sard" in Punjabi...cold to hot is still ok but hot to cold causes headache etc...so the 20 sec blast idea sounds scary to me...hehehe...plzz correct me if i am wrong ^_^

oh and me and amritvela have a very interesting realtionship...  winter i always do amritvela, spring usually, summer, in the beginning no, and then i go hardcore, come september i do it, but for some very strange reason october im just really bad and never do it...or do it very rarely and then november im good again. i duno, im just weird.

thats what happens in winter :)

well you dont want it to be boiling hot water, and then in one second change it to ice water...if you have boiling water, change it gradually to lukewarm, which at that point will feel like cold water to your body, even though its not, that'll be good enough. make a gradual change b/c that wakes you up, and improves circulation, and it'll make you warmer in the end...! trust me...i hate cold water, but i do this b/c it really works. :)