Feeling Hungry, Then Guess What Happens...

sher_panjabi

I thought I would share with you two incidents which I had last week regarding food.

I felt like having something sweet to eat. I had nothing in the cupboard or the room which was sweet other than sultanas (sogee), but I wanted something else sweet to eat because I think I had eaten too many sultanas few days before! blush.gif So I walked to the shop thinking of what chocolate I am going to eat. I go there and looked around and saw a "Flyte" chocolate bar. I grabbed it and didn't pay attention to reading the back of the label to see whether it had egg in it or not. So I bought it and looking forward to eating it. I was hungry and was craving something sweet to eat.

I walked out of the shop and unwrapped the chocolate bar as I walked. Standing outside next to the shop door on the corner was a tramp. He was standing and staring at me unwrapping my chocolate bar. I felt sorry for him but I thought, "O well, I only have one chocolate bar". I carried on walking around the corner. Suddenly I thought, "read the label before you put anything in your mouth". Reading the ingredients I read, "EGG WHITE". no.gif I was like "O Dear!" I had bought it and was looking forward to eating it. I thought what should I do now? I remembered the tramp who was around the corner. I walked backwards and gave him the chocolate bar. I told him that I had not eaten it but unwrapped it mistakenly. He didn't care! He was over the moon. He had a huge smile on his face and felt so happy. It was amazing what a small thing like chocolate can make someone feel so happy. Seeing the tramp feel happy, my craving for something sweet or eating chocolate died! One word came out of my mouth: "Vaahe-Guroo" (Wonderful Lord!!) :doh:

The other incident happened last Saturday. Everyone was moving into halls and as a Senior Student I had to welcome people and ensure they were okay where to go etc. During the day the other Senior students said that they wanted pizza for lunch. I had to pop down Tesco to buy some bread and fruit. I asked whether it was okay for me to quickly pop out. They said it was fine. So I went to Tesco. I thought I would buy something to eat because I wasn't too keen on eating a Pizza. I looked around the vegetarian selection at Tesco and couldn't find anything without EGG!!! blush.gif Vegetarian Saugages, Vegetarian burgers.... but they all had egg in them. I eventually found something without egg - Vegetarian Cottage Pie. I thought "at last! I find something quick and easy to eat." :doh:

Walking back from Tesco I munched on a banana. I thought that would keep my going tell I get back to room at halls then I would warm the Cottage Pie in the microwave and eat it for my lunch. In the courtyard one the Senior students shouted, "Manvir! We've got Pizza! Come and eat. " I thought, No need, i have some food for lunch. I hurried to my room and put the Cottage Pie in the microwave. 5 minutes and it should be ready.

I ripped up the packaging and threw it in the bin. I came back in the room 5 minutes later. Something guided me back to the bin and I felt drawn to reading the ingredients on the cardboard packaging which I had torn up I found the ingredients on the package. Yes, it has NO EGG! However, closely reading I had totally overlooked that the Cottage pie had RED WINE in it!! ohmy.gif "O Dear!" So I ended up throwin the Cottage Pie in the bin. I ended up eating fruit for lunch (I suppose I got the healthier option at the end. lol). I thought I could either cry or laugh. I ended up laughing! :)

Guru Rakha.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Paji

We are all so lucky to have such a chardi kala amritdhari amongst us who sets a great example of living the sikh way of life whilst still living with the rest of the world. It is very inspiring and comforting to read about the situations you've been through and nothing seems difficult. :TH: :T:

As you said its very important to be firm and uphold your beliefs/principles when communicatiing others about your sikhi coz I think so many of us sometimes can easily compromise it because we feel pressured. blush.gif

The biggest thing is to overcome the fear what others will say or think. And even about losing our connection with our guru whilst living amongst kaliyug which I have done many a times. May our belief in waheguru be so strong that we may not get in to any doubts and forever ask for his blessings and guidance. pray.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

lol just add a story, on my 21st party we had it at a restaurant and there was non-veg aswell (anyways), it looked like paneer to me so I put it in a plate and picked some up with a fork all ready to eat it when someone called me so I put it down and a while later I came back and it was still there - no one ate it - so I pick up the fork again and ready to eat with my mouth wide when my mum calls me- so I'm pretty annoyed cos I love panneer. And thats when my  mum pointed outit wasnt paneer rolleyes.gif .

Thanks Waheguru Ji.

122279[/snapback]

just wondering.. wot was it ??