reincarnation

Ryu Hayabusa

I read something about making sure our last thoughts are about God and not our family or anything else. For instance if your final thoughts are of your family then you will be reincarnated into a pig. This what I don't understand.

My question is why does it matter what species we will be reincarnated into since we have to go through all the species in order to come back as humans anyways.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

gUjrI ]

AMiq kwil jo lCmI ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ]

srp join vil vil AauqrY ]1]

ArI bweI goibd nwmu miq bIsrY ] rhwau ]

AMiq kwil jo iesqRI ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ]

bysvw join vil vil AauqrY ]2]

AMiq kwil jo liVky ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ]

sUkr join vil vil AauqrY ]3]

AMiq kwil jo mMdr ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ]

pRyq join vil vil AauqrY ]4]

AMiq kwil nwrwiexu ismrY AYsI icMqw mih jy mrY ]

bdiq iqlocnu qy nr mukqw pIqMbru vw ky irdY bsY ]5]2]

Goojaree:

At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts,

shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. ||1||

O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. ||Pause||

At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts,

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute. ||2||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts,

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a pig. ||3||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts,

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a goblin. ||4||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts,

says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||

;2||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2012

So according to this Shabad it is clear that your reincarnation depends on what you are thinking at your end moment.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yes, this is a common misconception, only the worst of the worst will go through all charasi lakh joon. Most good people who do good will only reincarnate so much as how much bad they have done, and whats in their karam. Why should everyone have the same penalty? guru sahib loves us all as his children, but when we do something wrong we should only pay for that.. would someone who steals fruit to live be punished the same as a mass murderer? no of course not!

and also amritdharis have it even easier.. guru gobind singh jee made us a promise that once we have taken amrit, we get 7 chances human to human to get to sachkhand.. haha im probably on my seventh and it looks like time to go back into the cycles for me :umm: @

Guydudeman,

I pondered over the same question numerous times, then I came to the conclusion that the message very clear, but we fail to see it.

Thoughts of wealth, thoughts of women, thoughts of his children, thoughts of worldly riches (mansions). These are only there to mislead us from the true path of that search for the truth. These mislead us, they have no purpose in life of one who wishes to be free, search for the truth, and attain enlightenment.

These species are forms of examples, that thinking of such things EVEN at the time of death, one will suffer through re-incarnation, the importance of these species is unimportant, because you will have to cycle through millions of species. But the basic message is that if you think of this "stuff", you will suffer in transmigration.

My two cents!

guru gobind singh jee made us a promise that once we have taken amrit, we get 7 chances human to human to get to sachkhand..

MKhalsa,

Can you give me the source of where Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji said this? Are sikhs that priviledged that they get back to back 7 chances in human form? I take it this is only for the people that make a strong concious effort and not people that take amrit just for selfish purposes.

guru gobind singh jee made us a promise that once we have taken amrit, we get 7 chances human to human to get to sachkhand..

MKhalsa,

Can you give me the source of where Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji said this? Are sikhs that priviledged that they get back to back 7 chances in human form? I take it this is only for the people that make a strong concious effort and not people that take amrit just for selfish purposes.

well.. I heard this in katha by bhai manmohan singh (same one who does keertan with akj as well), and i beleive it is in dasam granth but i forgot where. I will try to find out, but he is in australia right now..

from what i got, guru sahib gives u these chances just for taking amrit (on your own with good intention) because that is a pretty big step for most people. Some people take amrit and stop there, so next life is where they would continue from etc..

This is pretty accurate because a lot of gursikhs who remember their past lives, some are back to back human lives like generation to generation.