Bhangra Is Vile

Khalsa_starr

Unfortunetly i used to be into jazzy B way to much and bought all his cds, had huge collection, and wel was his biggest fan....yuks at thoguht no.gif

when was prepearing to take amrit year before taking decided if i was to remain on the real path then all wrong hearings and watchings wud have to be stopped and so got rid of all bhangra, english etc, just kept a few meaningful english cds.

icud never go back it wud b like what the.....if i hear it sumwhere i jus swicth my ears off, cant stand aj kal lyrics,  its jus disgusting.

Alpha etcpanjabi just takes the cake :) , full of vile videos and that  after gurbaini too!!!

123058[/snapback]

If you don'y mind, which ones were the "just kept a few meaningful english cds"? Just curious...nothing else.

I guess the old conflict of sikh religion and punajbi culture comes up when ppl talk about this.

Can someone be sikh and punjabi at the same time?

Or can you only be one?

Ppl from other lands also have this problem of religion/culture.

They don't mix, but we can't escape it - it's all around us. How is one supposed to seperate the two.  grin.gif

123193[/snapback]

easy. if you don't drink till you drop on the floor, don't accept dowry and don't fight for ego.. you can never be a PUNJABI!

lol joking tongue.gif

But yeh, punjabi-ism and Sikhi are completly opposite. So what about Punjabi Sikhs?? grin.gif . Nowadays people tend to be proud Punjabis, but think that they are being SIkhs too... it cant be right..

Punjabis would have nothing to do bhangra about if it wasn't for sikhi saving thier women and their izzat from tyrants. When Punjab's izzat was sold on the streets of ghazni afghanistan, where were the Punjabis? When babr oppressed the people, where were the Punjabis. If we are proud to be Punjaabi, it is because of sikhi. You take sikhi out of punjab, there is nothing left but a people with no backbone. sikhi gave those people a spine, a will and resolve to live with dignity and honor.

"Saanu ami ni miliyah sardariyah, Baazi layee sir dhar di!"

There's a difference to be proud of sikhi and proud to be punjabi. There is a very fine line between the two. When ppl mix culture and religion together, that is when trouble starts to arrise.

It is trur that many of the older songs and chants are related to the sikhs defeating the moguls and other hostlie forces. Although it might be that the dancing part may have been done by non-sikhs.

Punjabi is a very difficult term, because who does this apply to? Hindus? sikhs? muslims? atheists? Or anyone one in that region is punjabi.

Well one thing is certain - you don't have to be from punjab or originated from there to be sikh. Anyone can be sikh. :TH: