Which Is The Best Martial Art To Take Up?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji kefateh

Pyare jio, it does not matter what martial art you do, it only matters that you train hard and practice. All martial arts are beneficial.

I personally did tae kwon do, and then later Gatkha. Both are good. Gathka is effective with all weapans, but not enough well trained unarmed teachers of gathka yet.

However for first timers who just want to learn street fighting or self-defence, I recommend Krav maga. I have done it recently. It is excellent to learn good moves in minimum amount of time. I especially recommend it to towns where sikh youth are having problems with pakistani gangs.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji kefateh

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

ha! gatka

its all in the mind singh, a martial art is no good if you havnt got rid of the fear,

shastar vidiya and naam is by far the best martial art as, as if hav enuff of both, YOU alone can take on savalakh

do ALOT OF PAATH and train hard in shastar vidiya, and no1 will touch you.

www.<banned site filter activated>, here go to this site 2 learn a bit more bout SV and it has on there where the akharas are.

now lets start off the usual silly nang debate people.

ya, or try karate or kung fu...

v2.gif   v1.gif

123475[/snapback]

iv tried nearly everymartial art mentioned on here. Not one of them catered my needs other then grappling and shastar vidiya. Grappling as its only aimred and close quarter fighting, namely floor work which is good as u be amazed how easy it is to make urself look vunrable to others but really, in the fight u are winning.

Fight should last no longer then average of 30seconds. Why? In 30seconds a twat has seen you and is on the fone to the police. If you have to fight longer, maintain with in 2min and get out. Why? in 2min the police hav been alerted and prob on the way!! Get out of there!

Street fighting, learn boxing, teaches you how to punch properly. Non of this tap tap stuff

Learn grappling, so u can do arm holds and legs holds etc. Ie, if you hav to be there when the police turn up, dont actually make yourself look like the bad person, end you the day "your only retstraining the person... blush.gif " lol but the damage being done each time the person moves is his fault not urs!!

Then overall learn both gatkha for those who believe this is the true battlefield art and SV for those who believe it to be the true art.

They are the same. Where Gatkha finishes, then SV takes over. Simply takes any weapons based martial artist to notice the difference in dont look away from your opponent and never turn you back. Iv done both, SV is no longer taught in my city but efforts to go to the nearest akhara will happen when i get a bit more free in time but i also go to the nearest gatkha akhara too. It is teaching the kids defense on reflexes and discipline. Thats a good thing, but realistically, how often are you goin to be walking down the street with a 2 1/2ft stick in your hand?? not very likely so therefore you have already lost your fight.

When i actually learned gatkha i was never shown a single hand to hand combat move - hence i went else where to chinese arts for this.

As someone has said, and i have said before, all are effective if you stick it out, learn everything with dedication and do Bani with them.

If a teacher is corrupt, so what, end of the day, the person you go to who isnt calling themselves a sikh is still gona be drinking and eatin meat, and probably smoking. But mostly, still b down the local calling you a Paki behind your back.

Learn what you can from where its good and leave the politics out of it. If your strong in your sikhi and do simran then mahraj guides you. IF you easily get taken for a ride then you cant blame no1 for that other then yourself as then maybe you should realise the problem is with yourself and not others around you. That goes for anything, school and work inclusive.

WJKK WJKF

Just learn your lil sister's pinching technique!! :)

I’ve always been amazed with Shaolin Kung-Fu.

I watched this video some time ago, and these young kiddies would place a candle in front of them, and try to punch just a millimetre away. The object of this exercise was to try and blow out the candle using your wind-force created by your fists.

Another drill they did was, they stick a piece of a paper against a wall, and then they would repeatedly punch it until it tore apart and withered.

But, I totally agree with Guru_Ka_Souja. Gatka and Shaster Vidya have Naam and Technique, not even Bruce Lee's Cha-cha could mess with that. blush.gif

Peace