AKJ Kirtanis

Vir Singh

I don't go to judge people or their jeevans, I have no right, nor does anyone except Waheguru Ji. But I will say that I go for the kirtan because I enjoy it and it has effected my life a great deal. I go to AKJ programs because the kirtanees have the prem raas for me to concentrate and enjoy the kirtan. The tunes just add to the raas of the kirtan. There is reason that Gurbani was written to be sung not just spoken. Be it sung with fancy or a simple tune. Actually, most of the kirtan is simple. Instead of crying about how one doesn't enjoy the fact that people like the kirtanees, lets enjoy the kirtan, life is too short to complain about such trival things.

Bul Chuk Di Khima

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AKJforever, it’s great that you love keertan so much. Every Sikh should love it as much as you do. But the problem I have is the superstardom that these akj kirtanis are getting just for their tunes, not for there rehet. Just like pop stars they are flown from halfway across the world to perform kirtan…. What’s all that about? How many of them in actuality keep the AKJ rehet to the fullest? Hardly any of them. If anyone deserves superstardom it is the Singhs of Babeksar/Kalasanghay/Maliawala etc… why not bring those Singhs over to the west to perform kirtan? They are the ones who deserve the fame and superstar status as they are keeping rehet to the fullest. By giving superstar status to kirtanis simply because of there tunes rather then there rehet is just like judging a book from its cover. It’s content of the book that makes the book great, not the cover meaning it's the rehet of the Gursikh that should make him/her great not the tunes. That’s all I’m trying to say.

That is not all, I have even heard kirtanis singing Kachee bani, but i wont say their names, as that would not be polite. The reality cheque is that the AKJ just like the Damdami Taksal has degraded over the years. AKJ and Taksal are not of the same quality as it was 10-15 years ago. But none of you AKJ and Taksalis will notice it. Only non-AKJ/Taksali person like me notices this degradation within these two shiromanee Jathabandis, and to tell you the truth I feel sad to see this degradation.

The thing is that these kirtanees didn't ask to be famous. Waheguru blessed them with a talent. After reading this thread it seems according to Vir Singh Ji that doing fancy kirtan is a bad thing. So what if the kirtanees are flown from around the world to do kirtan sewa so that the Sikh sangats can get lahaa from the kirtan? Don't raagis fly around the world to do kirtan. There are the famous ones like Rangeela and Harjinder Singh. I don't see anything wrong with it. They are blessed by Waheguru to do kirtan, you can't change that.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I’m not blaming the kirtanis for there superstardom, I blame the AKJ sangat for giving them superstar status. Who cares what the rest of the panth does? If the rest of the Sikhs worldwide jumped off a building, would you? They eat meat, would you? Point is, I expect more from AKJ then I would from an average Jathabandi because of the respect I have for the great Brahmgianis of Ranglay Sajjan, Shaheeds, Babbar Khalsa that belong to AKJ. When AKJ just acts like the average Sikh Jathabandi, I start loosing all hope in the greatness that makes AKJ great…

Sat Sri Akal:

Hey ju, shut up your face eh? Me and Sangat Ji trying to listen to Kirtan of Guru Sahib!!! All of this "Langar vich laduu hagae?" and "Pinky Singh Kithae Giya?" I should beat you like Punjab Police!!!

:umm: :umm: :D

Seriously, don't worry about what people say and talk about. Go to Rehansabhais and listen to Kirtan. Too much talking...go sit WITH the Kirtanias and do Kirtan!!! Plenty of Kirtan has occured in New Jersey Rehansabhais in which the Kirtanias name is not even known.

This whole forum is pro-akj. That's all this about ...

Over and over. If you look at this forum, they talk more about Bhai Randhir Singh ji than any other Guru. Look at the last 10 posts, its all akj this, akj that.

And what I dont' get is why do these people who say they belong in "akj' say taht dodra people are a cult, when you can say the same about them.

<admin-cut: Bashing Jathas is not allowed or appreciated>.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol! next time check ur BloodPressure and pulse and post it here.. everytime you read about "AKJ"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest SikhForLife

i posted this on the Other Thread. but i think it can be displayed here too

"

i think the names should be censored...............................

personally i dont like when ppl put one Gursikh over the other.... there voices... tunes.. its all materialistic.. the real thing is the bani they sing... and anyone can sing that.. it should have the same affect..... cuz u have to understand the meaning to get the "Rus"

"