Some Good Publicity In The Uk

There's quite a few posters around advertising a new satellite channel and one of them shows that Kohli guy from Meet the Magoons. He's wearing a kilt but it's nice to have a Sikh face on the posters

On top of that, the new conservative party political broadcast has a guy called Hardev Ranger who's a Singh and he is shown walking with the presenter talking about how the Tory party has changed and how Labour has basically taken the asian vote for granted. He's very articulate and presents himself well

Only downside was that both these guys have trimmed beards, but it's still good to see turbanned faces in the present climate :)

disagree completely. who cares about the media, sikhi and rehit is way more important. if you trim your dhari youre not a sikh and youre giving a bad image to people who are actually sikhs. people shudnt wear a dastaar and cut their, thats disgusting you cant "appear" to be a sikh and then obviously disobey the fundemantal rule of keeping your kes

Ive seen 'singhs' openly drink do drugs shout obsenities over minor things all the while keeping the image of 10th guru gobind singh ji :) it gives out the wrong impresion of khalsa.

im not having a go at any1

Any ways i usedto get up at amritvela to pray before i was a keshdhari let alone amritdhari believe it or not.

though i guess it depends on the individual.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I don't think that Hardeep Kohli portrays a good image of Sikhi. He did a show about 3 weeks ago on Channel 4 called "Hardeep does Religion" at 9.30am. On it he was going on about how religion is cr*p and a cause of conflicts in all the world. He said all religion did was offer a way to brainwashed people, and it caused more harm than good.

He said he was only wearing a Dastaar for cultural reasons, and to stop him getting Shittar from his mother. He doesn't believe in God.

He went to make his own religion called "Hardeep-ism" which he got 2 random people in the street to sign upto, after copying the principles set out in the 10 Commandments.

After exploring all religions, he said the only religion that made most sense to him was Paganism. :) @ wacko.gif

Again, nothing personal against Hardeep Kohli, but his actions do not really represent a positive Sikh image in the media, despite his Saroop of having a Dastaar.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

ok but I get what the topic starter was saying, even though we may not have the best guys to show the UK what sikhs are supposed to be, nevertheless we are being recognised and that is still a good thing hunna.

Abt this hardeep guy, wont his mum give him a slap knowing he been chatting bakwas abt religion being the reason for conflict and all. I mean she can force him to keep a turban then maybe she should force some respect for that religion into him as well no offence to hrdeep or his mataji :)

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

is their any point keeping outer rehit if one dosent keep inner rehit?

124294[/snapback]

well there is not point in ur saying veerji.... first of all try to stay faithful to one religion...i mean to say first make urself strong from outside for ur religion and then go cleaning inside...when ur outside is not make u belong to a relgion how can u develop a feeling of a sikh and how can u make ur inside like a gursikh.... so outer is a must and inner comes afterwards..

If you know english people during their rule in India only keep those sikhs in army who didnt trimmed their beards and hairs... coz they said if a person is not faithful to his religion how can he be faithful to us...

I hope u understand my point... and I feel that u r also a beard trimmed sikh....