Gurujee Saved Me

Mehtab Singh

Islam if followed the right way is not all that bad. I mean Guru Nanak Ji would join prayers with muslims and hindu's in the name of God... so praise of God can only be a gud thing.

But when laws are taken out of context and applied to persecute or discriminate those who do not follow Islam then it becomes an unholy practising of faith. And must be challenged...

Take the month of ramadan, its nice to see muslims acting all pious for approx 30days of the year but after it they continue commit evil deeds and await for ramadan again to "awash their sins away" and so the cycle continues, which is kind of pathetic and hypocritical as they can't even respect the religious rights of others to praise/worship God in their own way.

124602[/snapback]

dear veerji... lets dont talk of any religion and how they improvised their rules... first letrs see inside... how good sikh we are... are we gursikh???? follwofing a religionand saying gurbani verses wont make us asikh... so remember kabir ji's salok and we shouldnot criticize any religion this is now everywhere... even in our religion also...people has made alot of rules which are not there in our religion...

124729[/snapback]

With respect brother maybe you have had good experience with muslims. Unfortunately most British Sikhs have not, as Pakistani / Bengali Muslims in UK are generally not very tolerant or willing to engage other communities in good nature. They want conflict because they think their faith is supreme and want to impose it on others.

The only way you can deal with people like that is by force not by understanding or trying ignoring them, this they see as a sign of cowardice therefore losing respect in their eyes. If they are challenged and made to fear you they rarely dare to see you as a target, that is the way nature works my friend. Look at Sikh history, Sikhs were persecuted by Muslim fanatics because our forefathers were peaceful and did not retaliate. When Sikhs took up arms Muslims had their rule destoryed and their attacks did not go unavenged. Had Sikhs followed the same genocidal practices of muslims, we would have wiped Islam from the most of northern India and perhaps from afghanistan. But because our faith respect the rights of other religious minorities we let them live and practise Islam when Sikh's had and empire to rival most european states of the day.

I only respect Sufi verion of Islam and other the spiritual aspects of it that is consistent with Sikhism... apart from that I see it nothing but posion feeding young minds with racism and haterd against non-muslims.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Islam if followed the right way is not all that bad. I mean Guru Nanak Ji would join prayers with muslims and hindu's in the name of God... so praise of God can only be a gud thing.

But when laws are taken out of context and applied to persecute or discriminate those who do not follow Islam then it becomes an unholy practising of faith. And must be challenged...

Take the month of ramadan, its nice to see muslims acting all pious for approx 30days of the year but after it they continue commit evil deeds and await for ramadan again to "awash their sins away" and so the cycle continues, which is kind of pathetic and hypocritical as they can't even respect the religious rights of others to praise/worship God in their own way.

124602[/snapback]

dear veerji... lets dont talk of any religion and how they improvised their rules... first letrs see inside... how good sikh we are... are we gursikh???? follwofing a religionand saying gurbani verses wont make us asikh... so remember kabir ji's salok and we shouldnot criticize any religion this is now everywhere... even in our religion also...people has made alot of rules which are not there in our religion...

124729[/snapback]

With respect brother maybe you have had good experience with muslims. Unfortunately most British Sikhs have not, as Pakistani / Bengali Muslims in UK are generally not very tolerant or willing to engage other communities in good nature. They want conflict because they think their faith is supreme and want to impose it on others.

The only way you can deal with people like that is by force not by understanding or trying ignoring them, this they see as a sign of cowardice therefore losing respect in their eyes. If they are challenged and made to fear you they rarely dare to see you as a target, that is the way nature works my friend. Look at Sikh history, Sikhs were persecuted by Muslim fanatics because our forefathers were peaceful and did not retaliate. When Sikhs took up arms Muslims had their rule destoryed and their attacks did not go unavenged. Had Sikhs followed the same genocidal practices of muslims, we would have wiped Islam from the most of northern India and perhaps from afghanistan. But because our faith respect the rights of other religious minorities we let them live and practise Islam when Sikh's had and empire to rival most european states of the day.

I only respect Sufi verion of Islam and other the spiritual aspects of it that is consistent with Sikhism... apart from that I see it nothing but posion feeding young minds with racism and haterd against non-muslims.

124942[/snapback]

Dear veerji,

i m not asking of taking strong measures against anybody coz we are not at our place etc. guruji says that be froceful only when all other alternates ends and u are left with no other option... i can very well understand that punjabi blood is always boiling and same is true with me too..... but still calm thinking is a way of thinking...... what if u do harm to muslims they try to harm u and who gets affected by that those who have nothing to do with it..... so fighting is not the end of anything...... so also if u r in a foreign country this will people bad expression of sikh community.... let them know that we are peace loving co mmunity and other are wrong in their behaviour... we have to make a example for others to think postiive for us.....