Should Sikhs Apply Body Perfumes/colognes?

Harmeet Singh

deodrants are ok, becuase you are usin it for a purpose. But i think all these perfumes that singhneea wer r rong, i was doin kirtan and this singhnee sat bhind me and she was werin soo much perfume, i cudnt stop coughin!!!! no.gif

why wer persume-the only answer is to 'smell nice and pretty' as long as ur clean it dnt matta. b4 sumin 2 the gurdwarar we shud have ishnaan then put bana on, so wer clean to cum in darbar sahib, we shudnt b sprayin ourselves with loads of perfume. well thats my opinion anyway.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

raju veerai ..

do u go to the gym ?

do u play any sports related activity ?

do u do any chores at home ? i dont eat a lot of that stuff you listed .. maybe cheese the most .. but thats every other day or three..

even if i do little activity .. i know singhs who just sitting in sangat also stink like never before ..

i know in the past this wasnt such an issue .. but this is the new world bro .. ppl will get reli annoyed if u smell .. and im one of them .. but i am aware that i probably smell worse than anyone else .. :)

deodrants are ok, becuase you are usin it for a purpose. But i think all these perfumes that singhneea wer r rong, i was doin kirtan and this singhnee sat bhind me and she was werin soo much perfume, i cudnt stop coughin!!!! no.gif

why wer persume-the only answer is to 'smell nice and pretty' as long as ur clean it dnt matta. b4 sumin 2 the gurdwarar we shud have ishnaan then put bana on, so wer clean to cum in darbar sahib, we shudnt b sprayin ourselves with loads of perfume. well thats my opinion anyway.

125255[/snapback]

ahahah

there was this one bibi who wore some hardcore perfume and guess what .. i was ellergic to that one .. and ihad to tell her to stay away from me at least 50 feet .. tongue.gif

but ya .. there is a sense of quantity .. wear it .. but not like the whole bottle .. u know ?

No, i'm not a gymmer or anything. I do some light exercises in the morning and that's all. But I do eat lot of red-meat and I have had people tell me, whenever I don't shower, that I could smell better etc.

But those days where I had none of the stuff that I mentioned above. I haven't heard any adverse remarks about how I smell etc. Moreover I have decided to keep my armpit hair trimmed because it seems to help. Don't like to shave the armpits though because I'm worried about ingrown hair.

Vive la france !!

Definately.. Without body spray remember you are disturbing others. If you think you stinks and can't control it then make sure to use deodrant for others sake ! I guess deodrant comes under category of body spray ?

125204[/snapback]

lol...whas rong wid jus getting in the bath & just having a bath, not exactly hard is it ? If you wash properly it;s obvious you wont smell. Wear clean clothing, then how will you smell? grin.gif

Definately.. Without body spray remember you are disturbing others. If you think you stinks and can't control it then make sure to use deodrant for others sake ! I guess deodrant comes under category of body spray ?

125204[/snapback]

lol...whas rong wid jus getting in the bath & just having a bath, not exactly hard is it ? If you wash properly it;s obvious you wont smell. Wear clean clothing, then how will you smell? grin.gif

125262[/snapback]

bhenji .. just curious ..

please answer the comment i made earliar about physical exercises.. (ie.gym, sports, .. ) ..

but seriously guys .. i know i wont ever stop .. i know people who do it wont stop .. its for those who are still pondering about it to do it or not should decide .. ahahaha .. such a funny topic ..

No, i'm not a gymmer or anything. I do some light exercises in the morning and that's all. But I do eat lot of red-meat and I have had people tell me, whenever I don't shower, that I could smell better etc.

But those days where I had none of the stuff that I mentioned above. I haven't heard any adverse remarks about how I smell etc. Moreover I have decided to keep my armpit hair trimmed because it seems to help. Don't like to shave the armpits though because I'm worried about ingrown hair.

Vive la france !!

125261[/snapback]

if u dont want to shave it dont ..

my hair is very nice .. i feel like admiring it sometimes.. tongue.gif

:) @

First of all use of alcohol is banned in our religion but that is if u intentionally use it for nasha and using perfume is notever requierd to be banned... so dont mix it up with alcohol..... in this way u wont be able to eat medicines also whch contains animals bones, alcohol and wat not....

Also u have given a one example from gurbani... but that is that i dont need anything to get my guru.... but gurbani also writes the saf suthra rakho apne aap nu.... and also take care of others... so applying perfume or deos is one step in keeping urself clean and avoiding other peoples botheration....

Fateh

Deodorant is neccesary. We have to put it on or we will smell and people won't feel good with us. Puttin an excessive amount of perfume is not goo. It is just wasting money and not all people feel good about the smells of perfume or cologne. Use Deodorant but it is ok to use perfume/cologne. It is not neccesarry if you have deodorant.

Vive la france !!

125261[/snapback]

right im afraid that cuttin hair is bujjar kurehit as is eating meat