SGPC says it's ok to eat meat as long it is jatka

Vir Singh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

We sometimes argue taking Guruji’s tuk

**Mas mas kar moorakh jhagdee gyaan dhyaan nahin jaane, kaun maas kaun saak kahaave kin mein paap samaane**

This is the biggest problem with us. We don’t study the whole shabad and see what is the actual meaning of Gurbani but instead we pick one phrase and starts argue. If we study this shabad completely Guru Nanak Dev ji wants to say in this shabad that the pandits (brahmins) who used to be away from meat and who used to argue for not eating meat. Their own jeevani was not upto the level that they can understand what is right or what is paap. In day time they used to argue for Maas but then they used to kill rino (gainda) to impress the gods/goddesses. At night they used to make plans how they can suck blood(cheat) other humans next day. So this shabad was written in that context and we just take one tuk and starts argue.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe

I've read all of your posts, and I agree with all of them, so all i'm saying here is that, why should we follow anybody that says it's all right to eat one type of meat and not the other? It's ALL WRONG. There shouldn't be any exception, and if people do this, then what you're doing is influencing some kid out there, saying that you can eat meat. And if that happens, it'll spread faster, and it will be our downfall. As far as i'm concerned, you shouldn't have to follow anybody that preaches to you about how you should follow your religion in such a way. We either need new leadership, or NO leadership at all. IMHO, you should be the one that figures out what to do, and that's just basically keep rehat, anything else, it's fine.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe

Guest SikhForLife

heh.. if we dont have a government then we will be in chaos.. ull see a lot of ppl spreading their own definition of Sikhi etc...... so i have to disagree with SmartSingh.....

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well every tuk in dhan shri guru granth sahib ji maharaaj is a rehat for gursikhs... the more we follow the better we are able to concentrate on naam achyaas and the more we are able to concentrate the more we are away from vekaars... well science say that eating meat creates kaam vikaar... then why we eat? Anyways going to pubs and doing sangat of saakat is not against the code of conduct... why we don't do that? think carefully... we obey rehat to improve our jeevni and not to fulfill any requirement of SGPC or something... every tuk in guru granth sahib ji is rehat and slowly we shall try to obey every HUKAM...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!