Ebay Is Selling Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji!

Seems quite strange that if he is in debt.... how can he afford costly internet charges of India... secondly why dont he ask money from SGPC and submit the saroop to them.... thirdly ion lucknow itself if he can tell in guruduwara he weill get enough help from ther sikhs there... and thirdly his intentions..... why he is not showing any selling in indian websites.... ebay he has choosen is also of uk.... sounds quite fishy in there....

125979[/snapback]

innernet in india now a day is even cheaper than u guys pay for in usa uk or canada....u can have a Broadband connectin for juss Rs 250 a month...

126118[/snapback]

This is quite strange veerji.... i myself paid 2000 per month for a boradband connection of 256Kbps when i was tehre till march2005 .... this is really great news u telling... hoep its the same in reality also

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW IS INTERNET COST RELATED TO MAHARAJS BEADBI?

Seems quite strange that if he is in debt.... how can he afford costly internet charges of India... secondly why dont he ask money from SGPC and submit the saroop to them.... thirdly ion lucknow itself if he can tell in guruduwara he weill get enough help from ther sikhs there... and thirdly his intentions..... why he is not showing any selling in indian websites.... ebay he has choosen is also of uk.... sounds quite fishy in there....

125979[/snapback]

innernet in india now a day is even cheaper than u guys pay for in usa uk or canada....u can have a Broadband connectin for juss Rs 250 a month...

126118[/snapback]

This is quite strange veerji.... i myself paid 2000 per month for a boradband connection of 256Kbps when i was tehre till march2005 .... this is really great news u telling... hoep its the same in reality also

126159[/snapback]

Harjit Singh quoted a reply from this seller where he (the seller) stated "i too dont want to sell this antique off"

Lets examine that statement for a second. Such wording would suggest such an individual is more concerned about losing a potentially finacially valuable item rather than their Guru.

Does he not want to sell the item because it is an antique or because it is his Guru?? In addition to his mis-prioritising with regards to his debts, it appears this is something he carries elsewhere into his life too.

WGJKK WGJKF

Sangat ji...this is VERY VERY BAD  no.gif   :) for sikhi as the seller is not even asking Sikh buyers only and i very well could get into wrong hands....! Thus i sent him the following email & will ask all members to sen him this one or one of your own....!

WGJKK WGJKF

tongue.gif : tongue.gif : united.gifunited.giftongue.gif : tongue.gif :

============================================================================================

WGJKK WGJKF

Bulla Singh

I think you need to show some respect....and if you are a TURE Sikh you should donate the Siri Guru Granth Sahib to the Gurdwara maybe Amritsar Golden Temple or Akal Takht...think long and hard about you acttions....! As the Siri Guru Granth Sahib should be treated as you Mother, Farther, Brother & Sister...I hope you would never sell them in such a cheap way...? So why would you do that/this to OUR GURU JI....!

Also i should mention to you what would you do or how would you feel if this pice of Guru Ji's history get into wrong non-sikhi or anti-sikh hands and is desocrated....? would you do that with any of your family members....PLEASE THINK ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS.....!

WGJKK WGJKF

On behalf of all Sikh Sangat Member  tongue.gif :

126114[/snapback]

Not a very good idea to donate the Guru Ji to the places suggested. From memory this Guru Ji needs attention due to its condition. The SGPC will just cremate this Guru Ji. Just like they did in the 1960s under the influence of "Sant" Fateh Su when he got many hand written historical Guru Ji cremated without consulting anyone (these Bir could have easily been rebound). This was the same Fateh Su who undertook fasts to death over political matters which he used to give up after a few days when he used to smell aloo wale parote cooking in the distance.

Also with regards to the other posts about the internet being costly etc. There are places to use the internet in most towns (more than enough in Lucknow). Also BSNL do a pay as you go type offering where it costs 1 paisa a minute (60 paise an hour). So internet access is not a costly thing.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

The question we must ask ourselves is how do we stop these people using websites like Ebay to sell Guru Maharaj?

Ebay need to be aware that Guru Maharaj is not a “product” to be auctioned. I have spent ages on the site and cannot find any kind of contact details for Ebay, anyone able to help?

Bob Geldoff and internet users were able to get tickets for the Aid Concert in Hyde Park removed from the site. Lets take a leaf from that & get Ebay to agree that they do not allow Guru Maharaj to be sold on their site.

HELP PLEASE CYBER SANGAT pray.gif

I'm sorry to inform you all, but it's a scam. The guy doesn't have it and he is trying to scam money out of people, similar to the west African/East European cyber-gangs.

Its easy to say that this is "our Guru Sahib" and we must do something. But its quite another to actually do it. Last year he sent a random email (phishing) to our Gurdwara website amongst many others. I replied telling him that I would pay him £10,000 UKP for the bir despite the fact that it had not been authenticated and was almost certainly a fake. The only condition was that he had to take a photograph of 3 specific pages from the bir and send them to me. He declined stating that it was in too bad a condition to be photographed on individual pages. He feared that the bir's pages would be injured by such an action. I replied telling him how ridiculous it sounded to say that The Shabad Guru, the embodiment of Satgur Nanak on Earth, could possibly ever be injured, and that he would do well to learn something about the Guru Granth Sahib. This, however, only hastened my resolve to proceed with the 'purchase' as I too did not want the bir to be irreparably damaged. He agreed to the deal and I told him that a colleague would inspect the bir and hand over the money in person. He refused stating that this was too dangerous and that a wire transfer of money was the best option. I offered him a number of further options including a direct bank transfer through my cousin's bank account in Punjab and most notably a transaction to be made through respected members of the SGPC, which again he refused. After that he stopped replying to any emails.

I am not rich. In fact I am quite deep in debt, but what needs to be done, I try and do. This would not be the first aged bir that my colleagues or I would have identified and had repaired at considerable personal expense. However, if there was a bir in the first place, you can rest assured that it would have been taken care of. After all, who is going to pay 21,000USD for this bir other than a Sikh?! If it existed and was sold then a Sikh would have it after this guy, who would be the only one with the weight of his actions on his head. The rest of us who do nothing except make noise would have the guilty feeling of havoing done nothing towards its reparation.

I know that most of you on here are children, teenagers and young Sikhs, and that you can easily get caught up in the hype, but you need to be calm and take it easy. Do yourselves and the World a favour: spend the time you spent on this topic, studying Sikh History, reading Gurbani or contemplating Him. Your time would be better spent and you will gradually stop getting so worked up over things that have no purpose, result or consequence. Cut down the amount of nindhiya you do of Gurdwara's, the SGPC and the Akal Takht and consider more about how little you know, understand and actually do.

I'd love to apologise if anyone has taken offence to this post. However, I am sure that it would do little to deter the almost fanatical single-mindedness that a number of youngsters seem to have towards creating a fantasy world in which everything is negative and the whole world is against you. Contemplete Him, understand His words, & have faith that one day you too can live in accordance with His beautiful divine order.

By the way no offence was intended.

I'm sorry to inform you all, but it's a scam.  The guy doesn't have it and he is trying to scam money out of people, similar to the west African/East European cyber-gangs.

Its easy to say that this is "our Guru Sahib" and we must do something.  But its quite another to actually do it.  Last year he sent a random email (phishing)  to our Gurdwara website amongst many others.  I replied telling him that I would pay him £10,000 UKP for the bir despite the fact that it had not been authenticated and was almost certainly a fake.  The only condition was that he had to take a photograph of 3 specific pages from the bir and send them to me.  He declined stating that it was in too bad a condition to be photographed on individual pages.  He feared that the bir's pages would be injured by such an action.  I replied telling him how ridiculous it sounded to say that The Shabad Guru, the embodiment of Satgur Nanak on Earth, could possibly ever be injured, and that he would do well to learn something about the Guru Granth Sahib.  This, however, only hastened my resolve to proceed with the 'purchase' as I too did not want the bir to be irreparably damaged.  He agreed to the deal and I told him that a colleague would inspect the bir and hand over the money in person.  He refused stating that this was too dangerous and that a wire transfer of money was the best option.  I offered him a number of further options including a direct bank transfer through my cousin's bank account in Punjab and most notably a transaction to be made through respected members of the SGPC, which again he refused.  After that he stopped replying to any emails.

I am not rich.  In fact I am quite deep in debt, but what needs to be done, I try and do.  This would not be the first aged bir that my colleagues or I would have identified and had repaired at considerable personal expense.  However, if there was a bir in the first place, you can rest assured that it would have been taken care of.  After all, who is going to pay 21,000USD for this bir other than a Sikh?!  If it existed and was sold then a Sikh would have it after this guy, who would be the only one with the weight of his actions on his head.  The rest of us who do nothing except make noise would have the guilty feeling of havoing done nothing towards its reparation.

I know that most of you on here are children, teenagers and young Sikhs, and that you can easily get caught up in the hype, but you need to be calm and take it easy.  Do yourselves and the World a favour:  spend the time you spent on this topic, studying Sikh History, reading Gurbani or contemplating Him.  Your time would be better spent and you will gradually stop getting so worked up over things that have no purpose, result or consequence.  Cut down the amount of nindhiya you do of Gurdwara's, the SGPC and the Akal Takht and consider more about how little you know, understand and actually do.

I'd love to apologise if anyone has taken offence to this post.  However, I am sure that it would do little to deter the almost fanatical single-mindedness that a number of youngsters seem to have towards creating a fantasy world in which everything is negative and the whole world is against you.  Contemplete Him, understand His words, & have faith that one day you too can live in accordance with His beautiful divine order.

126177[/snapback]

WGJKK

WGJKF

hsm316 veer ji, It was nice to read your GOOD post. It is true that most of us here are young and are exploring the oppurtunities to learn and contemplate the teachings of Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji into our life.

SIKHSANGAT.COM as you know have been providing a platform for us to talk, learn share and address common issues faced in daily life by our young youth living in western world. It is true that by sharing the knowledge it have increased the potential of sikh youth in these country.

It is due to some vigilant, inspiring sikh youth who discovered Bulla_singh's bluff and the result of his/her posting is drawing the conclusion that bulla_singh is nothing more than a bulla of air. It was due to the fact of the sharing the knowledge or information that you replied and provided valuable information.

We here are sikhsangat do make efforts to learn about sikh history, Gurbani and make nominal efforts best to our knowledge to practice what we read here.

I would invite you to be actively participate here to share your knowledge helping our youth finding answers to their questions as you seems to have impressive and excellent knowledge on SIKH history and GURBANI. Please contribute to sikhsangat with your skills providing or guiding young sikhs.

If I have offended you Veer ji, than please forgive me as your young brother and Stay in chardikalaaaaaa jio!!!!!!!!!!

WGJKK

WGJKF

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

that would be great if this veerji could contribute to the forum because we are all young sikhs and veerji has a lot more knowledge compared to some of us.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I usually don't have time for forums, but occasionally surf the web checking out various websites. In all truth I only come to this website because a one-time friend of mine originally set it up (I say one-time because he hasn't spoken to me for a year for some reason!) Lately, some of my students have been on here and requested me to come and post. This topic gave me an opportunity to oblige. :-)

If any of you read my post and think that I could help in some way then contact me directly via the website below. Else I'll try and post here every now and again. However, I am still a student of Sikhi myself and spend most of my time in seva or learning. :-)

Visit www.TheSikhWay.com to see some of the aged bir's that we paid to have restored already and also for some extremely good articles on Sikhi. The Forum seems a little dead but only because we ruthlessly delete topics that we think have no value!! If you have time and the capabilities then download a movie I made called 'Spirit' from our Downloads section. It might give you an idea of the kind of things that I do, which might not necessarily be for everybody!

Also tune in to Amrit Bani Radio later today (Saturday 15th October) from 3pm where Ranjit Singh Kuki will be speaking exclusively live from Punjab in English. He is an amazing guy and was involved with Bhai Sukha and Bhai Jindha from the very beginning, something that he is still suffering for. Listen to his advice and viewpoint which will really be worth something.

Shameless plugging? It's called publicity! ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I don't take offence, maybe I won't have any, to give out either! ;-)

I'm sorry to inform you all, but it's a scam.  The guy doesn't have it and he is trying to scam money out of people, similar to the west African/East European cyber-gangs.

Its easy to say that this is "our Guru Sahib" and we must do something.  But its quite another to actually do it.  Last year he sent a random email (phishing)  to our Gurdwara website amongst many others.  I replied telling him that I would pay him £10,000 UKP for the bir despite the fact that it had not been authenticated and was almost certainly a fake.  The only condition was that he had to take a photograph of 3 specific pages from the bir and send them to me.  He declined stating that it was in too bad a condition to be photographed on individual pages.  He feared that the bir's pages would be injured by such an action.  I replied telling him how ridiculous it sounded to say that The Shabad Guru, the embodiment of Satgur Nanak on Earth, could possibly ever be injured, and that he would do well to learn something about the Guru Granth Sahib.  This, however, only hastened my resolve to proceed with the 'purchase' as I too did not want the bir to be irreparably damaged.  He agreed to the deal and I told him that a colleague would inspect the bir and hand over the money in person.  He refused stating that this was too dangerous and that a wire transfer of money was the best option.  I offered him a number of further options including a direct bank transfer through my cousin's bank account in Punjab and most notably a transaction to be made through respected members of the SGPC, which again he refused.  After that he stopped replying to any emails.

I am not rich.  In fact I am quite deep in debt, but what needs to be done, I try and do.  This would not be the first aged bir that my colleagues or I would have identified and had repaired at considerable personal expense.  However, if there was a bir in the first place, you can rest assured that it would have been taken care of.  After all, who is going to pay 21,000USD for this bir other than a Sikh?!  If it existed and was sold then a Sikh would have it after this guy, who would be the only one with the weight of his actions on his head.  The rest of us who do nothing except make noise would have the guilty feeling of havoing done nothing towards its reparation.

I know that most of you on here are children, teenagers and young Sikhs, and that you can easily get caught up in the hype, but you need to be calm and take it easy.  Do yourselves and the World a favour:  spend the time you spent on this topic, studying Sikh History, reading Gurbani or contemplating Him.  Your time would be better spent and you will gradually stop getting so worked up over things that have no purpose, result or consequence.  Cut down the amount of nindhiya you do of Gurdwara's, the SGPC and the Akal Takht and consider more about how little you know, understand and actually do.

I'd love to apologise if anyone has taken offence to this post.  However, I am sure that it would do little to deter the almost fanatical single-mindedness that a number of youngsters seem to have towards creating a fantasy world in which everything is negative and the whole world is against you.  Contemplete Him, understand His words, & have faith that one day you too can live in accordance with His beautiful divine order.

126177[/snapback]

I caught him out last year when he tried same trick on Indian auction site " Bazzee com" I know where he lives and his full e-mail adress he is a cheat.

It seems that the photograph that he is using has been taken from somewhere else.

He was warned by me last year to not to go this harkat again.