Depressed

born_2b_sikh

satsrikaal

i feel uncomfortable in school because i am the only sikh in my year all the rest are goreh or black no.gif . there are hardly any sikhs in my school because we live in a propa white area i feel like everyone is starin at me and thinkin wat she duin here :doh: @ . i really want to change schools. i now God is doin this for a reason but . . . . wat can i do :) .

gurfateh

keep strong in reading gurbani and doing simran, also read history and sikh philisophy and when someone does tease you or say soemthing then you will able to give them a good answer so they will understand the concept of sikhi. In the past sikhs have faced many obstacles and so many stories where ppl have questioned sikhi and after finding out about sikhi bow down. guru nanak dev jee faced the most stubborn, egoistic and nasty people whom after having discussions with all bowed and said your message is truly universal and true. Now dont think we cant do that too, difference of sikhi and other faiths is guru jee gifted us with what he had so if we do simran, seva and part then we too get that charisma and then when you talk too people they will all respect you.

I would recommend you do 30mins of mool mantar everyday if you dotn alreadya dn do ardaa that guru jee stay with you all the time then no doubt you will be ok, and as i said read about sikhi to learn why it is universal and for mankind, then maybe your school mates will undersatdn you

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Does it ever comes across to you, if your the only Sikh their,

that maybe its maybe the fact that God wants you to preach sikhi to them, as they might not know about Sikhi.

Im not sure of the line in the Gurbani, but Gurbani talks about telling the truth, spreading the truth, thats why Gurbani doesnt say convert anyone, because every religion can reach them to salvation, BUT if they dont know about religion or they dont believe in it, then maybe you can get this punn by preaching Sikhi to them.(not saying convert them just talking about tell them about Sikhi) By doing this you will be giving them true wisdom. And giving them true wisdom you will be making thier lives infinity times better.

Explain to them about sikhi, you might feel better about yourself also by doing this.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I know how u feel.

It was the same kind of thing wen i started secondary skool. The majority was goreh an the minority was mixed.

All u have to do is make friends u dont change the way you are.

Theres always some friendly person who you can make friends with an well if there are any older sikh kids make friends with them.

If u change skool they might jus sus out that u done so because u felt u did not belong. If you pull through then so can the next sikh who joins the skool. :TH:

waheguru

well i am the only sikh in this whole building with 20 floors in it holding around 5000 ppl.

Guru Gobind Singh sahib said..."sawa lakh sei eik laraou"./.

so be strong and spread the word of Guru and you will be only loved and makes the path clear for other fellow sikh students who will come later on.

you shouuld lay down the foundation and become an inspiration that inspires all.

Gurfateh!

Khima jeo

Barik