Sikh Girl Elopes With Hindu Guy. Sikh Parents: Wak

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

oh yeah..one moer thing: the parents bascially cared more about their caste issue than the "sikhi" issue...im sure that they werent religious! otherwise they wouldnt have gone through this...dont you think???

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The post below is from the tapoban forum:-

This news got me thinking. An 18 year old Sikh girl eloping with a 21 year old Hindu guy. How much the parents must have suffered. They and their supporters attacked the couple as they went to get married in the SDM's office.

No Sikh parent wants to go through this. The problem is that Sikh parents sow such seeds that they are almost certain to reap such fruits as in the story below. Something to ponder upon:

125981[/snapback]

Live and Let live man! Take a chill pill!

I bet this guys was probably a lower “caste” rather than just a Hindu, and that’s what really narked them!

1) Parents don't take Sikhi seriously. "Sabh kich apna ikk Raam paraiya" (Everything is mine except for God) is the principle by which we are living today. How important is Sikhi in our life today? We need to ponder upon this question grin.gif . How often do parents compromise on Sikhi and cut their hair? How often do they do other anti-Gurmat stuff? How will their children do anything different? If we don't follow Gurmat, how can we expect our children to follow Gurmat. Recently a Bibi came to Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib and expressed her happiness at her daughter wearing a Dastar. We told her that her daughter would wear Dastar permanently only if she too started wearing it. She was a bit hesitant.

125981[/snapback]

Do you think, just keeping kesh will make them better Sikh’s. If that’s what you think, then you are sadly mistaken. Badal, Tohra, and Bibi Jagir Kaur are model Sikhs and we should follow their example.

The problem is that of the 5 vices and how we are so obsessed with them. Trust me, I see plenty of Dastar wearing Sikhs who are concerned about their flash cars and Armani suits, then the well being of their fellow human being.

2) Parents go to pure Manmukhi parties where they let their women (wives, sisters daughters and mothers) dance shamelessly in front of other men who are even drunk. They themselves have no shame in dancing along with other women. They and their women dance on Ashaleel (Kaam songs) songs. Kalyug is dancing fully naked now. We have lost shame that our forefathers had in front of their daughters, sisters and mothers. This is the worse kind of kanjarpuna that has been witnessed only in the recent years. Women, even 20-30 years ago, used to do gidha only with other women and not in front of other men. Only Bazaaroo women (bad women, kanjariyaan) used to do dance in front of other men. Women of Shareef families used to dance only with other women. This was respectable. Of course Sikh amritdhari women abstained from even that. What do we expect our children to become if we engage in such kanjar-ous activities?

125981[/snapback]

What on earth are you talking about. You sound like some one from a Taliban regime. They too banned dancing and music.

Grow up and stop making such childish statements. Honestly. What is the world coming to.

Page 124, Line 19 -- Guru Amar Das

The Gurmukhs sing, the Gurmukhs dance, and focus their consciousness on the Lord. ||1||Pause||

gurmukh gaavai gurmukh naachai har saytee chit laavani-aa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

In various costumes, like actors, they appear.

naanaa roop ji-o savaagee dikhaavai.

As it pleases God, they dance.

ji-o parabh bhaavai tivai nachaavai.

On the other hand, those intoxicated by the 5 vices and dance have the following effects:

Page 142, Line 11 -- Guru Nanak Dev

Intoxicated with power and thrilled with wealth, they delight in their pleasures, and dance about shamelessly.

raaj rang maal rang. rang rataa nachai nang.

Relax! If people want to dance let them. There is nothing wrong with that, and it has nothing to do with prostitution.

3) Sikh parents watch Hindi movies not only themselves but also expose their innocent masoom children to this gand-mand (dirt). What is a typical Hindi movie story? The hero falls in love with the heroine and the heroine falls in love with the hero. Both the heroine and the hero are from different social or religious backgrounds. These kids act shamelessly and do sexual things :doh: . Their poor parents who try to stop them are painted as villains. O Sikho Veero atay Bhaino, what will your children do when they grow up? Will they not follow what they have been fed with all their lives? Will they not take lead from heroes and heroines of films and elope with their lovers before marriage as Amanpreet Kaur of the news below did? Instead of stopping the marriage when they cannot stop it, why not stop it when the problem is small? Why not nip it in the bud? Why expose them to gand-mand and then regret it?

125981[/snapback]

Hindi movies are crass. I agree. Just don’t watch them I say.

4) Sikh mothers themselves dress so badly and anti-gurmatly that they daughters will follow onlyl their mother. If their mothers dress up suggestively and lasviciously, what else do they expect their daughters to do? So Sikh Bhaino, kirpa karo, wear non-revealing clothes. Follow Gurmat and be saved from troubles you will surely face from your children later on.

125981[/snapback]

If people want to dress in a certain way let them! Who is anyone to dictate how people dress. Unless you want some sort of Islamic style uniform dress code.

Again Live and Let Live! I suggest the problem is not in the dress, but the thoughts of “Kaam” in the people’s mind’s who are looking at the women dressed up! :)

I think we have reached a very very dark age. We cannot understand it because we are amidst it. Something has to be done to protect our values. Not only are Sikhs suffereing from this erosion of Sikh values but all Indians are suffering the erosion of Indian values. The rich Indian culture is being taken over by Western culture. Celebration of Valentine day is common in India now.

125981[/snapback]

Its not a dark age at all, but one hopefully where freedom and democracy will triumph and religious bigotry and intolerance will decline.

If people want to celebrate Valentine’s Day like blind sheep let them. For me, everyday is a Valentine’s day with my wife (the way it should be).

In any case, I think Hindus are far more relaxed about this. Indian Muslims are little bit better than Hindus but only middle-class families. Poor Muslim families are worse affected. Sikhs can't wait for other communities in India to act. The evil of Bollywood must be tackled. It must be stopped. This Kanjarpuna must be contained. Something must be done. Khalsa jee kuchh karo.

Daas,

Kulbir Singh

125981[/snapback]

You need to relax my friend!

Lovers attacked at SDM’s office

Tribune News Service

Ludhiana, August 9

A boy and a girl, who had come for registering their marriage at the local SDM’s office, were attacked allegedly by the parents of the girl today. A local youth, Amit Khanna (21) and an Amritsar-based girl Amanpreet Kaur (18), had come to the marriage registration office after their families disapproved their marriage.

Around eight to 10 persons, related to the girl and armed with rods and sharp-edged weapons, attacked the couple outside the office. The girl raised an alarm following which the police and several other persons intervened and saved the girl from being taken away by her parents.

The couple were shouting that the armed persons would kill them.

Later, the couple and the attackers were taken to the Division No. 5 police station. The police was mediating to sort out the matter amicably.

125981[/snapback]

Sad attack, by a bunch of sad bigoted gits!

No Sikh parent wants to go through this. The problem is that Sikh parents sow such seeds that they are almost certain to reap such fruits as in the story below. Something to ponder upon:

1) Parents don't take Sikhi seriously. "Sabh kich apna ikk Raam paraiya" (Everything is mine except for God) is the principle by which we are living today. How important is Sikhi in our life today? We need to ponder upon this question  . How often do parents compromise on Sikhi and cut their hair? How often do they do other anti-Gurmat stuff? How will their children do anything different? If we don't follow Gurmat, how can we expect our children to follow Gurmat. Recently a Bibi came to Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib and expressed her happiness at her daughter wearing a Dastar. We told her that her daughter would wear Dastar permanently only if she too started wearing it. She was a bit hesitant.

2) Parents go to pure Manmukhi parties where they let their women (wives, sisters daughters and mothers) dance shamelessly in front of other men who are even drunk. They themselves have no shame in dancing along with other women. They and their women dance on Ashaleel (Kaam songs) songs. Kalyug is dancing fully naked now. We have lost shame that our forefathers had in front of their daughters, sisters and mothers. This is the worse kind of kanjarpuna that has been witnessed only in the recent years. Women, even 20-30 years ago, used to do gidha only with other women and not in front of other men. Only Bazaaroo women (bad women, kanjariyaan) used to do dance in front of other men. Women of Shareef families used to dance only with other women. This was respectable. Of course Sikh amritdhari women abstained from even that. What do we expect our children to become if we engage in such kanjar-ous activities?

3) Sikh parents watch Hindi movies not only themselves but also expose their innocent masoom children to this gand-mand (dirt). What is a typical Hindi movie story? The hero falls in love with the heroine and the heroine falls in love with the hero. Both the heroine and the hero are from different social or religious backgrounds. These kids act shamelessly and do sexual things  . Their poor parents who try to stop them are painted as villains. O Sikho Veero atay Bhaino, what will your children do when they grow up? Will they not follow what they have been fed with all their lives? Will they not take lead from heroes and heroines of films and elope with their lovers before marriage as Amanpreet Kaur of the news below did? Instead of stopping the marriage when they cannot stop it, why not stop it when the problem is small? Why not nip it in the bud? Why expose them to gand-mand and then regret it?

4) Sikh mothers themselves dress so badly and anti-gurmatly that they daughters will follow onlyl their mother. If their mothers dress up suggestively and lasviciously, what else do they expect their daughters to do? So Sikh Bhaino, kirpa karo, wear non-revealing clothes. Follow Gurmat and be saved from troubles you will surely face from your children later on.

I think we have reached a very very dark age. We cannot understand it because we are amidst it. Something has to be done to protect our values. Not only are Sikhs suffereing from this erosion of Sikh values but all Indians are suffering the erosion of Indian values. The rich Indian culture is being taken over by Western culture. Celebration of Valentine day is common in India now.

In any case, I think Hindus are far more relaxed about this. Indian Muslims are little bit better than Hindus but only middle-class families. Poor Muslim families are worse affected. Sikhs can't wait for other communities in India to act. The evil of Bollywood must be tackled. It must be stopped. This Kanjarpuna must be contained. Something must be done. Khalsa jee kuchh karo.

126148[/snapback]

[/quote

tussi theek keha hai virji

to make a good society .....

these rules given by Guru ji should be put forward...

Guru ji di ditti hoi raah hi changi zindagi de sakdi hai

jekr do viyah karvan valian vich sikhi spirit hove :) :TH:

zindagi kamyab ho jandi hai

some parents kurhian nu nachna sikhande ne

fashion sikhande ne par ....

sikhi spirit nahin dende

panjabi culture kahnde ne

sikhi culture nahin dende...iss karke fail ho jande ne..

ok..what is the matter with you people??

i know that in sikhi it is definitely frowned upon to marry a non-sikh simply because your future generations will them not be 100% sikh rite?

but in the end....aren't we all just one?

and ok fine..i still understand that it isn't the best idea to marry someone non-sikh..

but u guys just can't stereotype all hindus and muslims and others...it just sounds like u have no tolerance for anyone but sikhs..and then also only sikhs that adhere to the principles that u do...

this is my first post ever on this site..and i just had to write because what the freak?!

the person who posted this seems to have an intense dislike for anyone that's not just like him/her...and i don't understand that..

also..um..hindi movies are entertainment...just like american movies are...that's like saying that movies shouldn't have violence in them b/c it causes violence...hrm..perhaps u believe that...but i don't know...i suppose movies in general appeal to the idea of a 'romantic love'

but is there something wrong with this idea?

now i'm really just trying to understand...b/c perhaps the way i think is not 'sikh-esque' but i thought we are supposed to treat everyone equally and have love for all?

i know we're not supposed to have lust..or kaam...but like...sometimes u really care for someone and they may seem perfect..and the only negative is that they are not sikh...can u honestly just let that go?

hrm...also..do we believe in soulmates?

i know this is all over the place...but i do have questions...and i don't want to attack anyone..

but some of u people are just intolerant and lame...

if someone could answer my questions i'd be much obliged...

ok..what is the matter with you people??

i know that in sikhi it is definitely frowned upon to marry a non-sikh simply because your future generations will them not be 100% sikh rite?

but in the end....aren't we all just one?

and ok fine..i still understand that it isn't the best idea to marry someone non-sikh..

but u guys just can't stereotype all hindus and muslims and others...it just sounds like u have no tolerance for anyone but sikhs..and then also only sikhs that adhere to the principles that u do...

this is my first post ever on this site..and i just had to write because what the freak?!

the person who posted this seems to have an intense dislike for anyone that's not just like him/her...and i don't understand that..

also..um..hindi movies are entertainment...just like american movies are...that's like saying that movies shouldn't have violence in them b/c it causes violence...hrm..perhaps u believe that...but i don't know...i suppose movies in general appeal to the idea of a 'romantic love'

but is there something wrong with this idea?

now i'm really just trying to understand...b/c perhaps the way i think is not 'sikh-esque' but i thought we are supposed to treat everyone equally and have love for all?

i know we're not supposed to have lust..or kaam...but like...sometimes u really care for someone and they may seem perfect..and the only negative is that they are not sikh...can u honestly just let that go?

hrm...also..do we believe in soulmates?

i know this is all over the place...but i do have questions...and i don't want to attack anyone..

but some of u people are just intolerant and lame...

if someone could answer my questions i'd be much obliged...