• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they need to come to a conclusion..

but i dont get is...

why can't thEy jus say "NO MEAT"...

that part, i dont get

i haven't met any sadhu, sant, great gursikh who eatz meat (yet!)

sister ji, Why are you depending on the Rehat written in words to tell you not to eat meat. The Rehat which exists in you. Waheguru's hukam is the Rehat.

hukam rajaa-ee chalnaa naanak likhi-aa naal

He has written that humak within you, you do not need someone to write it on a piece of paper to tell you not to eat meat. It is what you feel inside and how you interpret that feeling that makes a difference.

BTW this is just my opinion

Waheguru.

With this notion that whatever I feel is right, then that is the hukam can be used by those that feel cutting their hair is ok. There are those that believe that even if they cut their hair, but still continue to do kirtan, paat, wear a big khanda around their neck, that they are still Sikhs. They say that they are Sikhs on the inside, no need for the outside. :umm: @ And that's a steamy pile of you know what.

You have to have a set of rules to follow, without rules, anything goes, and that's not acceptable.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

With this notion that whatever I feel is right, then that is the hukam can be used by those that feel cutting their is ok. There are those that believe that even if they cut their hair, but still continue to do kirtan, paat, wear a big khanda around their neck, that they are still Sikhs. They say that they are Sikhs on the inside, no need for the outside. :umm: @ And that's a steamy pile of you know what.

You have to have a set of rules to follow, without rules, anything goes, and that's not acceptable.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

You are assuming things now. What makes you think if someone cuts their hair, they are not sikh. So the outward appearence matter more to you then what lies inside of you.

You want to follow the Rehat, which might tell you one day that eating Jathka meat is ok. Then that is fine by me. Who is asking you what should be added in the Rehat. Did someoen come up to u and asked your opinion. There are more than 500 people who sit there to crete this rehat. Are you Positive that just because they have hair on their head and wear Kirpan that they know what they are doing. If you think just by having hair is enough to make d

ecision for whole of Sikhi, then i feel sad, that you cannot feel what lies within you to answer your own questions. Rather you believe what a group of people tell you what to do. Those same group of people who fight everday like a Parliment. It has become nothing more than Politics.

Yes you need a set of rules. Those rules can be found in your heart. You do not need a Commite to tell you what lies in your heart. You should be able to find that yourself. those rules were for those who had no idea what to do. Do not spend your whole life reading a book full of rules. Let there become a time where yo don't need the rules, because one day you don't need rules to be pure. You become pure in itself by the grace of waheguru.

Waheguru.

For pheena ji:

gm_rahit_rbns.gif

Without the Code of Conduct, One can not be referred to as a 'Sikh'.

Without the Code of Conduct, One will suffer in the Lord's Court.

SIKH CODE OF CONDUCT

In Sikhism, the word "Rahit" connotes to the precepts for moral and spiritual life. The Sikh Rahit includes spiritual and ethical instructions covering all spheres vital to pious living. The sacred contents of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, regardless of their authorship, are themselves the chief and primary Hukam-Namahs for the Khalsa. Every Sikh is obliged to follow and practice them to the best of his or her abilities. Other sources of the Khalsa Code of Conduct are Sikh scriptures such as the Dasam Granth (Sahib), containing the Banni of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Vaars of Bhai Gurdaas Ji, and the writings of Bhai Nand (Lal) Singh Ji.

Upon the creation of the Khalsa Panth, Guru Gobind Singh Ji instructed some of his prominent disciples not only to record how the Khalsa should live, but also how he should not live (do's and don'ts). Some of those scholars included : Bhai Daya Singh (one the Panj Piyaray), Bhai Desa Singh, Bhai Chaupa Singh, and Bhai Nand Singh Ji.

It is important to remember that just as no one has the authority to alter the contents of the above scriptures, for the same reason no individual or organization has the authority to modify the Sikh Rahit. There is only one Rahit Maryada for the Khalsa Panth, it does not belong to any particular Jatha or entity, yet as Sikhs we are all obliged to follow it.

Attempts have been made s

ince the early part of the 20th century to document some of the minimum, day-to-day aspects of the Rahit, it is appropriately titled : "SIKH REHIT MARYADA", and is also known as "Sri Akal Takht Sahib di Maryada."

However, various "new" maryadas have come to evolve under the propoganda of the so-called "Sant-Smaaj", various deras, taksals, and other semperdais. Much of them are based on the very Vedic, Bramanic rituals that Guru Sahib warned us against. Therefore, they hold no value in Panthic circles, and easily fail tests of Gurmat-based logic and reasoning.

For pheena ji:

gm_rahit_rbns.gif

Without the Code of Conduct, One can not be referred to as a 'Sikh'.

Without the Code of Conduct, One will suffer in the Lord's Court.

SIKH CODE OF CONDUCT

In Sikhism, the word "Rahit" connotes to the precepts for moral and spiritual life. The Sikh Rahit includes spiritual and ethical instructions covering all spheres vital to pious living. The sacred contents of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, regardless of their authorship, are themselves the chief and primary Hukam-Namahs for the Khalsa. Every Sikh is obliged to follow and practice them to the best of his or her abilities. Other sources of the Khalsa Code of Conduct are Sikh scriptures such as the Dasam Granth (Sahib), containing the Banni of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Vaars of Bhai Gurdaas Ji, and the writings of Bhai Nand (Lal) Singh Ji.

Upon the creation of the Khalsa Panth, Guru Gobind Singh Ji instructed some of his prominent disciples not only to record how the Khalsa should live, but also how he should not live (do's and don'ts). Some of those scholars included : Bhai Daya Singh (one the Panj Piyaray), Bhai Desa Singh, Bhai Chaupa Singh, and Bhai Nand Singh Ji.

It is important to remember that just as no one has the authority to alter the contents of the above scriptures, for the same reason no ind

ividual or organization has the authority to modify the Sikh Rahit. There is only one Rahit Maryada for the Khalsa Panth, it does not belong to any particular Jatha or entity, yet as Sikhs we are all obliged to follow it.

Attempts have been made since the early part of the 20th century to document some of the minimum, day-to-day aspects of the Rahit, it is appropriately titled : "SIKH REHIT MARYADA", and is also known as "Sri Akal Takht Sahib di Maryada."

However, various "new" maryadas have come to evolve under the propoganda of the so-called "Sant-Smaaj", various deras, taksals, and other semperdais. Much of them are based on the very Vedic, Bramanic rituals that Guru Sahib warned us against. Therefore, they hold no value in Panthic circles, and easily fail tests of Gurmat-based logic and reasoning.

thats good info ji,

But where is this Rehat which was created by the ones appointed by Guru ji himself? Is the same Rehat now in the Hands of the SGPC which they do alter at will??

All I am saying is that If you are going to follow a Rehat then follow the Rehat of SGGS, not that which can be altered due to what one feels.

Waheguru

Yes you need a set of rules.  Those rules can be found in your heart.  You do not need a Commite to tell you what lies in your heart.  You should be able to find that yourself.  those rules were for those who had no idea what to do.  Do not spend your whole life reading a book full  of rules.  Let there become a time where yo don't need the rules, because one day you don't need rules to be pure.  You become pure in itself by the grace of waheguru.

Waheguru.

oh singhoo. i knwo what u talkin bout..

i agree with u ji..

but u talking bout the higher level...whic u are at..cuz the way u write ur posts and talk bout things...its no doubt u have kirpa of Guru sahib ji on u.

but what bout peopel like me...there are paapi people like me out their who know nuffin(im not being humble...i really dont know ...)

u said

" those rules were for those who had no idea what to do. Do not spend your whole life reading a book full of rules."

dont take me wrong here..but from these words of urs, it seems like u saying that ALL of us know "WHAT TO DO? "

go to punjab...

go anywhere..and see how many mahapurakh U'ill find who "HAVE IDEA OF WHAT TO DO" so to say.

why go far..this issue is enough too see HOW MUCH WE ALL KNOW n "WHAT TO DO" bout it pray.gif<

!--endemo--> )