Soul Sikher - The One Man Show

Nama Singh

VJKK VJKF

After seeing Sody Singhs "Sikhs In The City" last year, i was quite looking forward to seeing his new show "Soul Sikher"... and i got the chance tonight thanks to Kings College London, who hosted one of the first plays by the comedian.

And whoa.. i was actually quite amazed. "Sikhs In The City" was good but not brilliant. But i think Soul Sikher was brilliant. Had everyone laughing throughout the show. Use of Sikhi and comedy was an excellent mix to get the point accross which he was portraying. I can imagine there will be many who will be a bit snobbish about this mix and use of some suggestive comedy about sex, but it was aimed at a young mature audience and appealed to the young mature audience too.

I thought it was great n i think KCL was the best place to enjoy it too coz everyone was really enjoying themselves, no tension, no expectations and anyone who missed the night - you totally missed out.

If neone went, please post your opinions n that!

Rock on KCL! First time ive been to KCL event and everyone was so safe...! Turn out was HUGE!!!!!!! :)

Oh and does neone know, is it KCL's 100th Sikh Soc anniversary? I was in conversation with someone who mentioned something like that and i didnt pick up on it properly...! If so, happy 100th to one of the biggest n best.

(ps. i dont go to KCL, in case ure wondering!)

Sikh Soc at King's isn't 100 yrs old - its probably 10 or more years old.

UCL Sikh Society was started by the early Sikhs who went to study there during the British Raj and were sent by the Sikh Raja's to study abroad. So I think it is probably UCL who are celebrating 100 yrs of its Sikh Soc but even then, i think 75 yrs old (thats what the bhenji from UCL told me).

Soul Sikher was hilarious. Personally i don't like the comedy moments referring to things which is embarrasing to hear if elders are there. But I suppose he is catering for a wider audience.

I was impressed how it was funny and at the same time it was underlined with a powerful message to the audience to look at who you are, be proud of your roots and don't give Sikhi Saroop and Beliefs for Western World or Maya.

Bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

Great news about the success of KCL's Sikh Soc event...

If anyone is interested in watching the same play then the West Midland's Sikh Soc's are having a private showing at the Wolverhampton University's Arena Theatre As part of Sikhi Week!

It's on Saturday 5th November at 7.30 and you can get tickets at a discounted price by ringing 07974 647 772 or email at wmsikhsocs@boss-uk.org

But hurry! Tickets are going fast!

WM Sikhi Week: 2nd-9th November... Watch this space for details!

:)