Dont Miss Program Tonight....channel 4 (uk)

WGJKKWGJKF

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Watch this programme tonight:

Program: Dispatches

time: 8:00pm

about: 7/7- angry muslims.

So is the media biased against us??

-because on 9/11 the media covered about the muslims (ie documentries) effected as they were the only ones effected and if Sikhs werent effected.

and there doing the same after 7/7.

-On tv news, they managed to tell the world that Islam is about peace, but they never managed to tell the world about the Sikh identity is differnt from being a muslim.

Even the Sikhs were attacked as much as muslims-as they showed documentries about muslims effected (although i only remeber 1 documentry showing only one Sikh effected(for a couple of seconds in the hour or so documentry), but they never elebarated much on that being a Sikh is diffent to being a muslim)

Also the racial attacks on ethnic commmunities had increased (including on Sikhs) i dont think no one mentioned crime against us Sikhs increased, but they did tell about Crime against muslims had increased (correct me if im wrong)

-the media managed to tell about the Mosques being graphitted on, but never managed to tell about Gurdwaras being graphitted on. Again they still never told about Sikh identity.

They talked about the risk to religous buildings, but talked about i think that ppl planning to attack Mosque (correct me if im wrong) but never mentioned anything about ppl planning the bomb attack on the Gurdwara (not sure of where now), which were arrested.

-On tsunami they managaed to show a Mandir, Mosques and bhudhist temples giving money to the effected but never even told about not even one Sikh giving money. Even though us Sikhs did give to Tsunami, i mean our Gurdwara alone raised thousands, some poeple gave £50, £100, and one person even gave 2k i think

-And hurricane Katrina did the media bother about to tell Sikhs helping hurricane victims? through langar etc?

-and even talking about the earthquake, i dont think anyone really even knows any Sikh was effected at all, they must only think only muslims would of been effected, coz they showed Kashmiri muslims on Tv (even though i can understand coz they were mostly effected). But still.

PLease tell me if my thinking is wrong in this about the media.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch this programme tonight:

Program: Dispatches

time: 8:00pm

about: 7/7- angry muslims.

So is the media biased against us??

What du mean by "US" are you Islamic or something ?

Its going to be a good documentary considering what has happened in:

Bali

Beslan

Casablanca

London 7/7

Kashmir

Turkey

Madrid

New York 9/11

I mean how can you support such Islamists ? grin.gif

Before typing think. Im a Sikh, not a Islamist, you got that?

And the fact that i said is the media biased against us- i ment Sikhs (as i written in the topic title), because i give the reasons underneath for thinking that.

I suggest to you stop twisting things, ive came to this forum to talk to Sikhs and discuss with them stuff relating to Sikhism,

And who said i support Islamists??

Have you got something against Islam, or something coz thats all you go onna about?

-I dont need a answer for that its a retohrical question.

Before typing think. Im a Sikh, not a Islamist, you got that?

And the fact that i said is the media biased against us- i ment Sikhs (as i written in the topic title), because i give the reasons underneath for thinking that.

I suggest to you stop twisting things, ive came to this forum to talk to Sikhs and discuss with them stuff relating to Sikhism,

And who said i support Islamists??

Have you got something against Islam, or something coz thats all you go onna about?

-I dont need a answer for that its a retohrical question.

128234[/snapback]

Hey dude, its not my program on channel 4 so don't blame me for the programme.

Its not fair to say the media are against Asians or Sikhs but I guess the British public (dont know if that includes you) do have every right to protect themselves from terrorist atrocities, so I say well done to channel 4 :)

Would you agree that it's a shame when you consider how much British Aid was given to the victims of this earthquake when the people from the very same community bombed the London Underground on 7/7 ! ohmy.gif

Firstly you havent seen the programme, so its unfair to make any comment.

But as I asked in a previous questionairre (which got deleted for reasons unknown) what is your view on FREE SPEECH ?

Here's an interesting link about Sikhs and free speech in the Daily Telegraph

Sikhs protest against free speech

You might find it of interest pray.gif

we should send them this

Dear Sir/Madam. I wish to make a complaint about your use/abuse of the descriptive term "Asian" to generalise anyone from the continent of Asia and the sub continent of India.

It would seem that your use of the term is typically one of negativity when a particular group is in the news for reasons other than socially and culturally conducive reasons.

Many people are upset at the generalised term "Asian" when most of the population of the minorities who do come from the continent of Asia and the Indian Sub continent do not use this term.

Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Chinese, Vietnamese, Burmese are all Asian, they can all be described under the terms of Asian and it is in my opinion quite wrong to generalise such a diverse swathe of people in this broad, sweeping inaccurate term.

It is something I feel that is in danger of creating a broad distrust of minorities in general. If one community is in the news for criminal and public order issues then they should be described specifically.

Yours sincerely, ----------.

Athiest if your only on the forum to wind people up then i suggest you just leave.

Admin, Do something about this as u seem good to block of my posts which are relevant! And not argumentative but you allow people to ask stupid questions and in time cause a heated discussion.

View to free speach, if you are able to search for documents which occured coming up to a yr ago, then maybe if you go to google and search;

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji

Guru Teghbahadur Ji

Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Baba Zorawar Singh & Baba Fateh Singh (10th Gurus 2 youngest sons)

You will get your answer of freedom of speach.

But seeing as u are in capable,

Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Gave shaheedi because he refused to edit Gurbani.

Guru Hargobind Sahib, Refused to bow down to Mughal ruling, freed the Hindu Rajas from prison by stating he would not leave unless they could come with him!

Guru Teghbahadur Ji, Gave Shaheedi so that the Hindus could practice their faith! He accepted death by stating if you can convert me everyone will convert but they could not convert him. - was beheaded for standing his ground and believed in freedom of expression.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji created an army to fight for FREEDOM against tyranny

The 2 younger sons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Gave shaheedi as they refused to give up their faith to embrace islam. At a tender age of 6 and 9, they are still today remembered by all for their kurbani!

Suggest you buy the sahibzadey dvd and watch it. you might LEARN something.

Do not bother with brining up stupid plays, if the woman had sense in the first place or any respect for the religion she claims to be part of then why didnt she stand and show her self instead of hiding and geting others to fight her battle. if she received threats (your next statement) then again, she needs to review her history before hiding. A sikh does not hide, thats why we are known as WARRIORS who fight for freedom!

Firstly you havent seen the programme, so its unfair to make any comment.

But as I asked in a previous questionairre (which got deleted for reasons unknown) what is your view on FREE SPEECH ?

Here's an interesting link about Sikhs and free speech in the Daily Telegraph

Sikhs protest against free speech

You might find it of interest  pray.gif

128253[/snapback]

OK atheist.. theres a limit ot freedom of speech

many people form different religions condemned this play in the first place! You talk about freedom of speech.. but freedom of what exactly? to discriminate? wacko.gif

Think, if a bully says something not-so-nice toa kid and get told of by their teacher, is the teacher wrong since its against freedom of speech?! What if someone cussed your mother, why get angry.. its freedom of speech :)

You get wot im saying?