Alone In Brampton!

curious_man

WJKK

WJKF

i got a job as a co-op student in HydroOne-Toronto dwntwn! i m living in brampton and as u sangat know that i m a student in memorial university of newfoundland, i know no one here!!

though time gets passed during weekdays becoz of work and travelling but in weekends i feel alone. its been 2 weeks here!!

i went to dixie gurughar last saturday... really enjoyed and saw posters abt 84 week.. !

well i m here for 2 months... i think it will be fun to have frends frm this forum!!

i will try to go for the 84 week ..i guess its in rexdale gurudwara... no idea how to go to york!

umm.. anywys i m living in 26 Snowcap rd. near mountainberry/mountainash intersection.. phone#(pm me)

wanna meet u chardikalaa sikhs!!

well my lunch time is over...gonna get to work now! :T:

**just to add.. i m the only sardar with pugg in the whole building...though thre r many punjabis...ya..i surely look distinct!!

anywys during my 2 weeks working in toronto dwntwn.. i have only seen 2 sikhs (i mean with pugg) compared to brampton..its negligible!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cruius man u live near me... i live on mountainash and sandlewood.. your prolly live near the fortinos plaza.. i am like 3 min drive from my house. like 15 min walk :lol:

come to waterloo raensabhaee this saturday... buses leave dixie at 5 pm... u'll meet a lot of chardi kala gursikhs there...

:T: thats soo kool... ok i will come to waterloo...but i dont know any1 ..can i meet u thre?

moreover..i have never been to a raenasabai...do i have to stay thre whole nite?

cruius man u live near me... i live on mountainash and sandlewood.. your prolly live near the fortinos plaza.. i am like 3 min drive from my house. like 15 min walk

and international akaali ji.. maybe i can meet u at raenasabai too...or in fortinos..lol!!

honestly speaking ...i never had a gursikh amritdhari frend... thre's no one in nfld ...and while i was in india..i never cared!!

it is said that company matters a lot.. maybe in these two months i'll make progress towards sikhi!! :TH:

bro ..

you will meet everyone in waterloo .. half of this msg board will be there .. baahahahahahhhaha .. just come .. i saw your pic so ill recognize u .. u will recognize me by the funny looking singh running around .. :lol:

bro .. u come once i guarantee u u will LOVE .. check out previous pics/kirtan up on www.ontariosikhyouth.ca ..

hope to see u there .. bus leaves dixie at 5pm and will be coming back 5/6 am ..

:TH:

bro ..

you will meet everyone in waterloo .. half of this msg board will be there .. baahahahahahhhaha .. just come .. i saw your pic so ill recognize u .. u will recognize me by the funny looking singh running around ..  :umm:

bro .. u come once i guarantee u u will LOVE .. check out previous pics/kirtan up on www.ontariosikhyouth.ca ..

hope to see u there .. bus leaves dixie at 5pm and will be coming back 5/6 am ..

:TH:

130813[/snapback]

you'll meet me too!!! :lol:

im the only person in my school who looks sikh...only one with dastar...and yeah...im in high school...my town is milton... :umm:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use