About The 5ks

Bhajneet

Let's ask bhai taru singh why he chose to be scalped rather than cut his kesh.

The vaisakhi day in which the khalsa was born is written in history and is fact. On that day Guru Sahib sri guru gobind singh Ji, the 10th nanak, adorned the khalsa panth with the 5 kakaars.

Your question is like asking why is there only baani of 6 Gurus(Guru Nanak dev ji-guru arjun dev ji and Guru teg Bahadur Ji) in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. All the Gurus were one Jot, if Sri Guru Gobind singh ji said keep 5 kakaars then think of it as Guru nanak dev ji saying it, 10 gurus one jot.

I'm not amritdhari but i have noticed that non-amritdharis question amrit because they want to share in the Guru's glory without sacrificing our lifestyles to which we hold so dear. I'm not amritdhari but there is no doubt that the 5 kakaars are a must for a sikh, no if and or buts about it. It's a journey and waaheguru will do kirpa if we do ardaas. We can't change sikhi to suit our needs. You can't say that all those sikhs who refused to cut their kesh and faced death were wrong. It is not right.

as for taking amrit, this shabad is perfect for a manmukh like myself and maybe other manmukhs like me will get something out of it:

soie rhI pRB Kbir n jwnI ] (389-8, Awsw, mÚ 5)

so-ay rahee parabh khabar na jaanee.

She remains asleep, and does not know the news of God.

Boru BieAw bhuir pCuqwnI ]1] (389-9, Awsw, mÚ 5)

bhor bha-i-aa bahur pachhutaanee. ||1||

The day dawns, and then, she regrets. ||1||

ipRA pRym shij min Andu Drau rI ] (389-9, Awsw, mÚ 5)

pari-a paraym sahj man anad Dhara-o ree.

Loving the Beloved, the mind is filled with celestial bliss.

pRB imlby kI lwlsw qw qy Awlsu khw krau rI ]1] rhwau ] (389-9, Awsw, mÚ 5)

parabh milbay kee laalsaa taa tay aalas kahaa kara-o ree. ||1|| rahaa-o.

You yearn to meet with God, so why do you delay? ||1||Pause||

kr mih AMimRqu Awix inswirE ] (389-10, Awsw, mÚ 5)

kar meh amrit aan nisaari-o.

He came and poured His Ambrosial Nectar into your hands,

iKsir gieE BUm pir fwirE ]2] (389-11, Awsw, mÚ 5)

khisar ga-i-o bhoom par daari-o. ||2||

but it slipped through your fingers, and fell onto the ground. ||2||

swid moih lwdI AhMkwry ] (389-11, Awsw, mÚ 5)

saad mohi laadee ahaNkaaray.

You are burdened with desire, emotional attachment and egotism;

dosu nwhI pRB krxYhwry ]3] (389-11, Awsw, mÚ 5)

dos naahee parabh karnaihaaray. ||3||

it is not the fault of God the Creator. ||3||

swDsMig imty Brm AMDwry ] (389-12, Awsw, mÚ 5)

saaDhsang mitay bharam anDhaaray.

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, the darkness of doubt is dispelled.

nwnk mylI isrjxhwry ]4]25]76] (389-12, Awsw, mÚ 5)

naanak maylee sirjanhaaray. ||4||25||76||

O Nanak, the Creator Lord blends us with Himself. ||4||25||76||

PS: Like Guru Gobind singh ji Guru nanak also said to offer your head, the message has always been the same:

AwpnVw mnu vycIAY isru dIjY nwly ] (420-9, Awsw, mÚ 1)

aapnarhaa man vaychee-ai sir deejai naalay.

So offer your mind, and surrender your head with it.

gurmuiK vsqu pCwxIAY Apnw Gru Bwly ]5] (420-10, Awsw, mÚ 1)

gurmukh vasat pachhaanee-ai apnaa ghar bhaalay. ||5||

The Gurmukh realizes the true essence, and finds the home of his own self. ||5||

i agree with khalsa fauj je

the kruehgt listed in dasam granth is HAALAL WHICH is muslim way of killing an aniimal

but theres no poin on elebaroting n this

this is a topic about something else

:)to kno bout 4 bujjar kureight go to ikirtan.coom and listen to sant kartaar singh jes katha on 4 bujjar kureights

bhula chuka maf

Where is it written in gurbani that we need to have our 5Ks? Someone made an argument with me saying that we shouldn't have kirpans under our pants. Because the point of our kirpan is to protect others (feel like a manmukh... but i totally agree with him, how can we protect someone who is under gunpoint when our kirpan is rubberbanded to some elastic band under our pants?)

So i mean..... where's it written that we should carry kirpans? I understand what it means and all, but has anyone ever used it? Honestly, i find it easier to protect others with my hands, dont see the point in whipping out my kirpan, its never been necessary before, and it seems time-consuming.

So, i'd like to know (because i feel i'm straying from the path).

If you could answer this quickly, id be much obliged

131495[/snapback]

Did you know that Kirpan is used to do Bhog on prashad and langer during ardaas.

and if do a little reserch, in north america, every some minutes, some one is being rape, beaten, and all kind of crime being commited.

So i Think Our 10th Guru was futureistic, he gave us kirpan to fight agaist injuste. Kirpan is not outdated, its the ever lasting fashion for us Sikh.

totally agree with you gupt daasn daas because thats HALAl the way MUSLLIMS cut up the animal....wheras halalo is somin completely different!

it says in dasam granth you can do chatka but only on people in wars so that they suffer no pain. dont farget mahraj even put gold on his teers so that the family of the other guy who had just been killed had enough money for his funeeral and livng afterwards