Agnostic And Proud!

Punjabi_Link

Lol @ half of you guys being in a "philosophy discussion" forum and not even knowing what the word Agnostic means.

Lol @ at the thread starter for being proud to be an agnostic.

Agnosticism is such a weak stance.

Man-up and become an atheist. Stop taking the lame middle road to appease both sides of the coin and claim you "don't know if God exists".

132043[/snapback]

LOL

Umm read my 2nd post of this thread again. I clearly stated, “First of all, I do believe in God, but I just don’t have a religion to follow. Because of that, I am considered an Agnostic for now.

132044[/snapback]

lol, how bout you read the definition of Agnostic.

You CAN NOT BELIEVE in GOD and be AGNOSTIC.

AGNOSTICISM is the concept of doubting God's existance. That you DO NOT know if God exists or not.

Agnosticism is its own concept, just as Sikhism is. IF you believe in GOD, you are NOT agnostic. Simple as that. You are doubting RELIGION not GOD.

You are just a believer with no organized religion.

You make all us atheists/agnostics look like fools. wacko.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your posts seem to be very interesting and unlike a few of the younger people here, I understand what you say. You should realise that this is a predominantly younger persons forum so if its enlightenment or scholarly discussion you are after there are more appropriate forums out there! No offence SikhSangat which does a great job!

However Punjabi_link, I don't necesarily come to the same conclusions that you do, but that is only because a professional artist always draws much better than an amateur one. No offence intended, thats just the way I see it. :-)

Your reasoning is on the right lines and certainly quite sensible, but lacks conviction to be able to reach a conclusive reality. For example, I didn't quite understand the thinking behind your signature. I have quoted it below:

"You better watch what the <admin-cut> flies outta ya mouth

Or I'ma hijack a plane and fly it into your house

Burn your apartment with your family tied to the couch

And slit your throat, so when you scream, only blood comes out"

That goes against your reasoning completely! Are you just conveniently agnostic in name or..? Sorry to be a pain and ask! :-)

First of all, I do believe in God, but I just don’t have a religion to follow. Because of that, I am considered an Agnostic for now.

That's all it's needed brother.

In fact, sikhism says best dharama of all is to meditate on God's name. I am not very good with remembering the quote but someone can post it be wonderful. This quote comes in sukhmani sahib.

You beleive in God. That's very good.

Now please make an effort to know about God, his attributes, his beauty and glory.

Remember beleiving God and knowing or feeling God inside is two different things and expereinces.

Good Luck :TH:

sagal dharam me shrisht dharam, hor ko naam jap nirmal karam..

sagal kiria me utam kiria, har ka naam durmat mal hiria

sagal udham me udham bhala, har ka naam japo je sada

..summing lyk dat .. i msuita made so many mistakes no.gif fromt eh top of my head... blush.gif

welcum to this forum bro! :TH:

i see how u feel :lol: being a sikh is also great.. so much peace as a saint, but discipline lyk a soldier (i lyk being a soldier :e: lol)

sagal dharam me shrisht dharam, hor ko naam jap nirmal karam..

sagal kiria me utam kiria, har ka naam durmat mal hiria

sagal udham me udham bhala, har ka naam japo je sada

..summing lyk dat .. i msuita made so many mistakes no.gif fromt eh top of my head... blush.gif

welcumto this forum bro! :TH:

132092[/snapback]

Thanks brother :TH:

To jap "har ko naam", one has to have naam, and that is only available from Guru Nanak.

What would an agnostic without a Guru do?

Guru Sahib has said clearly that no one has found God without Guru. It's not possible. "Bin satgur kinai na paayo bin satgur kinai na paaiya". Without Satguru, no one has found God in the past and no one will do it now.

Slow down… I have absolutely no problem with you joining this site. You have as much right as I do and no one needs to be born into any type of family.

I did not understand the point of your post. I don’t understand what your post has to do with learning about Khalistan movement or India movement for that matter. But I’ll be patient and find out. Your need for independent thought is commendable.

I don’t mean to frighten you, but your posts seem to suggest that your going down a path straight to sikhi and when you get there you will have traveled an admirable journey of contemplation. And if you don’t get there good luck with whatever you identify with. What is the source of your avatar pic? Could you repost the larger picture as a link.

Agnositics are a tad too lazy to be Atheists and Atheists are a tad too lazy to be Sikhs.