Jatts

dhulathejatt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I have to disagree with you. It’s not Jattism that held Sikhism together, but Sikhism that held Sikhs together. If Jattism was such a holding force, then why weren’t the Jatt Sikhs, Hindu Bharatpur Jatts, and Muslim Jatts united? On the contrary, historically Sikhs never got along with the Muslim Jatts such as the Gakkars, Tiwanas, Janguas etc. They were forcibly made subordinate of the Sikh Raaj by the Bhangi misl, and later by Raja Ranjit Singh.

Also, you do realize that being a jatt is directly related to just our bodies. But the soul has had many bodies (reincarnation), just like we use cloths. I mean, you could have been a Goraa, Kalaa, Brahman, heck even a Chamaar in your previous lifetimes. You are only a Jat in this lifetime, who knows what you were in your previous lifetime, or what you will become in your next lifetime. So its very illogical to be proud of your caste. Be proud of being a Sikh, because that is what will matter in all lifetimes.

Yes, I am a Jat. But I don’t care much for my ancestry, as I am only a Sikh. Point is, Jatism is not a uniting force within Sikhism, it is Sikhism that is the uniting force. Jats by nature cannot unite under one leadership. Before Sikhism was started, any Jat rebellion was just individualistic, and never a united rebellion. For example whenever the Gakkar Jats rose in rebellion (example, during Timur Lane’s and Babbar’s invasion), it was just the Gakkars. No other Jat tribe/clan such as the Janjuans, and Kharals came to there aid. Similarly when the Janjuas rose in rebellion, it was just the Janjuas, and never any other Jat tribe or clan. It’s only Sikhism, which has united the Sikhs, not he Jats. Jattism is a dividing force within Sikhism. That’s why just shed your caste, tribe affiliation, because in the long run it is just damaging the Sikh quam.

What is a Jatt?

Answer: Farmer

Now, what does a farmer have to do with bringing Sikhi together. Sure, farmers are hard working, they are strong, etc. But its a form of a false pride that they bring to themselves. By looking at people lower than them, like chamars, or chooday, they think they are superior but they don't know that they are mere farmers, and work like the peasantry for the rajpoots (landlords).

So most of the people in Punjab were jatts, since there was alot of farm land, and it brought in good money, which is also associated with culture, and how jatts, are on top of the chain.

So back to the point, I don't think it was jattism that brought sikhi together, but it was the warrior blood that Guru Gobind Singh ji instilled in his beloved Khalsa, to fight for injustice and tyranny! :umm:

Singh Sabha were all jatt s:wub:

Akj uk is all jatt wubb.gif

Taksali's are jatts wubb.gif

Old nihungs were jatts wubb.gif

Udham/Bhagat Singh both jatts wubb.gif

respect to all da jatts wubb.gif

THAT HELD SIKHISM TOGETHER

Moderater's comment : No one held Sikhi together, its Sikhi that held poeple together

are you trying to associate Sikhism with Jatts only???? :T: If so, let me be the firs

t if anyone hasn't already...Whether you understand it or not, it doesn't matter, but the fact is you have no idea what Sikhism stands for.

Waheguru.

:nihungsmile: Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Tell me this u Jatt, was Guru Gobind Singh Ji a Jatt? NO, (i dnt think so anyway) some1 bak me up, lol....I think they were all sodhis (gurus).....so, u really owe ure Jattism 2 a non-jatt.....u owe it to the king of kings (who was NOT Jatt), U would not be here right now if it wasn't 4 the NON jatt guru. also didnt the gurus say Caste has no place in sikhi?,. that was the first teachings of dhan dhan guru nanak sahib ji......so u can follow ure guru or follow ure mind n be a manmukh, ure choice.....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I got this quote from someone's signature in this forum :umm: can't remember who :umm:

lol grin.gif

"Let no man be proud because of his caste.

For the man who has God in his heart, he alone is the true Brahmin.

O stupid fool, be not proud of your caste, by this pride many sins arise.

Everyone says there are four castes, but they are all created from the Lords seed (essence).

All men are moulded from the same clay, but the potter has fashioned it into vessels of numerous forms.

By joining the five elements, the form of the body is made, no one can say that the element is less in one and more in another" Pg 1128 SGGS

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!