Confused About Something Gurbani

tkkookar

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehhh

ok i m kind of confused .. regarding gurbani .. some time when we read gurbani .. we can see that guru ji is saying " veda mai naam utam hai" or "ved puran simrit sudhakar, kine raam naam ik aakhar" so here guru ji saying that ved puran or simrities does say that ik naam [of waheguru] is uttam meaning first priority right .. then when guru ji says "brahma ved pade vaad vakade, antar tamas aap na pashade [from ang 231] " so here guru ji saying that brahmins just keep on reading ved and keep on having dharmic fight .. " what i m asking here is that on one side guru is doing vadai of ved puran when guru ji is saying taht veda mai naam utam hai .. and on the other side guru is saying that people who read ved puran keep on fight and keep on coming in june again and again. can some body please explain me ..????

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehhh

ok i m kind of confused .. regarding gurbani .. some time when we read gurbani .. we can see that guru ji is saying " veda mai naam utam hai" or "ved puran simrit sudhakar, kine raam naam ik aakhar" so here guru ji saying that ved puran or simrities does say that ik naam [of waheguru] is uttam meaning first priority right .. then when guru ji says "brahma ved pade vaad vakade, antar tamas aap na pashade [from ang 231] " so here guru ji saying that brahmins just keep on reading ved and keep on having dharmic fight .. " what i m asking here is that on one side guru is doing vadai of ved puran when guru ji is saying taht veda mai naam utam hai .. and on the other side guru is saying that people who read ved puran keep on fight and keep on coming in june again and again. can some body please explain me ..????

135468[/snapback]

you have to understand the context from which the second verse is given. The Guru is not doing ninda of the Vedas, but instead critisizing the ritualistic reading of the scripture and yet still being blind to the message. The last few words, 'app na pachanay' he reads but yet does not understand himself (his true self).

Don't the Sikhs Read the Guru Granth Sahib and yet do you also not see them fighting??

brahma.jpg

basically, what maharaj said in these tuks were that the vedas and puranaas found god also, remember rishis did mas tapasya and hence they did maharaj di darshan, but it took so long to write them down.

maharaj says that these lead you to god....once of course you actually understand the words and put what the vedas say into practice.

in kaljug, during the times of the gurus, the brahmins read and read and read so much until they could say anything, and it would come out from their ears.

however, yes they read, but they did not understand the vichaars...remember the vedas say how to reach god, but the brahmins of the time distoreted the vedas saying that all people had to give food to the brahmin or they would die....please consider the climate of india at the time. the reason why people get into debates is because they dont understand the concepts...the answers are their and they are simple, but its due to our arrogance we start to fight (our mann does not take whats already there)...otherwise we would be in a perfect world. for this reason maharaj says control ahnkar (stop this "me me me") because its thanks to this you get all these fights that happen.

the brahmins read, but they didnt understand...they never put the dharam into practice and hence they got into debates.

maharaj did not say it those who read vedas start fighting and everyone is boxing each others lights out, what he said was majority of folk read but didnt understand...and its thanks to this that people began to fight.

hope that helps

gustaphi maaf

tkkookar,

Please give me an example of the Vedas saying that naam is uttam.

The Vedas don't even know what naam is. If the Vedas talked about naam, then why would Guru Sahib need to reveal Gurbani to us?

"Bed kataeb simrit sabh Shast in paRiyaan mukat na hoiee" is clear that you cannot get mukti by reading these scriptures. The same shabad by Guru Arjan then tells how you CAN get muktee "Gurmukh naam japai udhrai so kal meh ghat ghat Nanak manjha". Meaning only by japping Gurmukh Naam (Gurmantar) can you be saved.