Manleen Kaur

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just go to teacher and say..

" no.gif teacher teacher ...these girls want to  cut my hair.. "

she will take care abt it then  :TH:

**i dunno how american / canadian schools work...but in india...my teacher wud straighten them up LOL.gif

137228[/snapback]

well dat india..

where there had canes and no mercy no.gif lol (ouch)

giud advice tho.

i still remember that day...

it was our PT class (in north american accent PT means Physical education) blush.gif

we were in grade 8... and were playin soccer with grade 7 students...lol we started fighting and there came our PT teacher......he was the Ravana of our school LOL.gif

oh boy he beat our bum with the sticks those drummers use no.gif

all we use to do were pray.gif

********its soo nice to be a kid...nothing to worry..no fear of GOD :lol: ...nothing at all...just play play play and play!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!!!

Manleen Kaur ji... you already know this story but imma share it with the rest of the sangat as i think it may help.

When i was in Grade 6, i used to have such beautiful long black think hair. I loved it sooo much, although i wasnt that into Sikhi, i still loved my hair. I used to wear it in 2 braids, but for some reason one day i convinced my mom to let me wear it open. Sooo here i am in class during a presentation and the guy behind me cuts my hair. I didnt notice at first, not until the girl who sat across from me whispered over " hey shannon, Dave just cut your hair". at first i could not believe it, i put my hand on my head and all my hair was gone from the middle. O raised my hand and my teacher called my name. Because i was in soo much of a shock i started to laugh. I didnt know how else to deal with it. so anyway the presentation went on and so i raised my hand a again and i said " Mrs Dave just cut my hair."

The teacher didnt do much that day, he was supposed to write me an appology note, which i never did get, my hair was now a bit less than shoudler lenght...AND ON TOP OF IT ALL...MY HAIR HAS LIKE NEVER GROWN BACK... its been like what 5 years sicne that happened and my hair has grown only like 2 inches not even.

I dont think that people realize how much our God Given Hair means to us. I Think the most important thing is that you have to show them that you love your hair very very much and that you arent just growing it because you want to. Also try putting your hair in a joora that way even if they try to they cant really cut it right.

Also maybe try not to show them that it bothers you. Kids will be kids and when you give ppl the response that they are hopgin for( that you are scared that they will do it) then they will keep doing it... but if you just disregard what they are saying they may just stop.

Bhull Chuk Maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!!!!!!!!!!!

**i dunno how american / canadian schools work...but in india...my teacher wud straighten them up LOL.gif

137228[/snapback]

yeha tht only works in india.. not here bro.... :lol: ...... i dont think it even works in india now... ?? grin.gif

i havnt thought about it.... yet......

137213[/snapback]

and why is that?... thats the most practicle step u can take this point before the situation gets too outta hand... the longer u wait to make a decision the higher the chance of them doin something...

137240[/snapback]

think about it now sis, it is the most 'practical' step you should be considering at this point ... me thinks we need another talk on msn :TH:

I dont know where all you guys live, but down here in LA we have everything on lockdown.

At my highschool nobody says nothing to us Sikhs, weather it be Singh or Kaur. They show us respect, and you know why? Because we demand it!!! The thing is it all starts with one incident, a bunch of boys said something to one of the Kaurs in the hallway, and we know if we let that pass we would be hearing it from them again and again. So we confronted thoses boys not out of anger but very boldly, then one of them shoved a Singh, and those boys never said a word again.

Manleen dont let this pass be a Kaur, confront them.

137228[/snapback]

well dat india..

where there had canes and no mercy no.gif lol (ouch)

gud advice tho.