Damaleh Shastre

singhini1984

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Dumaale wale shastar can consist of any type of small (usable) shastars, For example, a mini-kirpan for certain situations that may arrive, such as a cop pulling you over, and having no knowledge of your kirpan, so if you have to take it off you won't be breaking rehat.

Best would be to keep them gupt, if you know how to sajaa them in a dumaala, then you can leave them visible, but I would recommend keeping them gupt.

Malmal material works best if you want to keep dumaale wale shastar, and make sure the shastars are stable, if they move around they can rip the dastar material, and maybe even poke you.

At first its best to keep a mini-size kirpan, when you get use to it you can always add more. :nihungsmile:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

works both ways, but better to keep them gupt.....i would but im still working out how to do that with my distaar....to ensure it doesnt rip or lar comes out. i love practising though.. a real singhnee feeling runs through my heart.

• 1 month later...

dhamalla shastar..

well if in batter your main weapon falls from your hand..or you are in close combat and your main weapon in a sword..then u can slide out a shast from you dumalla and attack..personally i keep unconventional shastars in my dumalla..

..for one i keep a brass nuckle..a victorinox flick knife.. both are kept gupth..

as for y the chand is worn i am not too certian..

the tora is worn to keep you shastars secure and to protect your head from damage..incase u receive a blow..

guru ang sang!

Angad Singh

dhamalla shastar..

well if in batter your main weapon falls from your hand..or you are in close combat and your main weapon in a sword..then u can slide out a shast from you dumalla and attack..personally i keep unconventional shastars in my dumalla..

..for one i keep a brass nuckle..a victorinox flick knife.. both are kept gupth..

the tora is worn to keep you shastars secure and to protect your head from damage..incase u receive a blow..

guru ang sang!

Angad Singh

148037[/snapback]

Knight Singh paji,

Just a very quick question. I guess the idea for keeping shastre in your dumalla is that you are always ready. Maybe I have misunderstood this but if you are tying them in securely how easy are they to take out if and when you need them?

gur fateh!!

ok one you need tons of practise on how to pull out yr shastar w/o some one finding out..

how i have been taught is to use the tora and secure the blade of the weapon and..the handle is free..so you have to pull the handle out ..

it may not make sense to you..if u know a nihang ask him..he might be able to help

guru ang sang!

angad singh

dhamalla shastar..

guru ang sang!

Angad Singh

148037[/snapback]

Knight Singh paji,

Just a very quick question. I guess the idea for keeping shastre in your dumalla is that you are always ready. Maybe I have misunderstood this but if you are tying them in securely how easy are they to take out if and when you need them?

148294[/snapback]

• 1 year later...

dumalla shasters consists of 2 kirpans 1 khanda 1 teer and a chakri .... they are mainly wore to give shasters as much respect that we are always placing them on our head ...

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My understand is that dhumalla shastar emphasises "Panj Shastar Parvaan", and has many practical, useful purposes, for example small gupt shastar for them tricky situations, to renforce your dastaar (mix of iron and clothe makes a very good head defence). Historically i believe Baba Deep Singh Ji also weared shastar in his dastaar. If you like to wear shastar in your dastaar my only advice would be too ensure they are positioned carefully.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

Guest Dancing Warrior
alot of people say that the damaleh shastre are just for show if you put them on display....so i was just wondering is there any actual reason that people where there damaleh shastre on display...????

also what is the purpose of a chand....?

The Adh Chand, Chand Tora etc represents Shiv and Shakti.