Sikhs Attacked & Made Homeless In Uttaranchal

sher_panjabi

>>It seems the local authorities and the Hindu population have become jealous of the Sikhs prosperity in Uttaranchal

In your haste to sensationalise the story and get your political rhetoric across you forgot to mention that there were 50 non Sikh families who also evicted and received the same treatment as the Sikhs, no shelter, food etc. 

I suggest that those advocating writing to MPs get their facts right before sending emails.

You have also forgot to mention that those evicted bought land that was subject to a court case at the time they bought it.

145418[/snapback]

yes, but that doesnt explain why they were barred from doing a nagar kirtan, that was an obvious discrimination against sikhs.

145422[/snapback]

Easy way to put this. You get up in the morning and try to hold a Nagar Kirtan in the area you live. Even in the UK, USA and Canada prior permission has to be obtained weeks and sometimes months in advance to hold a Nagar Keertan.

We have all sorts of rubbish on this thread to try and turn this into a Sikh issue. The reality is that the farmland was subject to litigation for decades. Only those 350 Sikh famalies and 50 non Sikh famalies settled on this farmland have been evicted. Sikhs continue to own and farm land in other areas of Uttaranchal without problems.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is that sikh pm doing about this?

has the media been involved to say why this is happinning?

this is sad...india at its best.

145410[/snapback]

no.gif

Sikh PM, He wont do Jak alll ! He himself is a fool, I wouldn;t expect n e thing from him, neither haz he helped Sikhs nor will he.... Until sum1 slapz him silly & wakes him up . . :@

just wandering if there was really only notice in the morning and if so then i wander what the reaction wud be if it were a hindu procession.

i dont think it would be the same, at the time i think any hindu would have respected that a hindu procession has begun and it would be disrespectful to stop it.

maybe im wrong.

maybe we shouldnt turn this into a sikh issue but i think the nagar kirtan prob just made it one

WELL ONCE AGAIN HINDU`S R AT IT no.gif

145439[/snapback]

LOL

Once again the paranoid brigade are ignoring the facts of the situation to propagate their anti Hindu propaganda.

There were other victims of this court decision who were not Sikhs. Why does this fail to register with you ? Is it because if you took this into account you would not really have an issue.

SSM,

I am sure the same would happen if it was a Hindu procession. There are plenty of other processions that are not given the go ahead.

You guys are falling victim to Badals attempts to hijack this whole issue by giving it a religious tinge.

Gurmukho!

Daas has emailed BBC News, Newsnight, Five News, ITN News, Guardian Newspaper, MP Tony Baldry, MP John McDonnell, The Sikh Times, Panjab Radio, Sikh Federation, MP Simon Hughes, and PM Tony Blair.

Benti to all Sangat, please go on different News websites and contact them. Furthermore email as many MPs as you can and most importantly email TONY BLAIR.

Here are a few web addresses and emails:

Contact BBC NewsWatch

Contact Five News

Email Members of Parliament (UK)

Email PM Tony Blair

ITN News Editor: editor@itn.co.uk

Editor of the Guardian Newspaper: editor@guardianunlimited.co.uk

145416[/snapback]

The Sikh Federation (UK) has contacted Rob Marris MP (Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for UK Sikhs), all its Office holders and around 40 of its most active members to push for explanations from the Indian High Commission/Govt and action by the Foreign Office/EU against the Indian authorities.