Five Sggs In Gudwara

SScom and all

There is nothing wrong in fact it’s a wonderful  thing to do a  akhand paath 

Let it be at a Gurdwara  where anyone and everyone can listen to the paath being done.

okay to be fair I don’t understand every word being said but I do get the jist and sometimes when the giani reads slowly I can actually follows what he’s saying..

My point is to do a akhand patth  someone is reading and someone is listing..

When the Gurdwara allows more that one, 2,3,4,5,6 patths to be done at the same time,  do the person reading it say’s it so that someone can hear ? or drowning out the giani sitting next to him/her, and that person shouting out the other person next to him.. …… LOL.gif …………………………

How can you have more that 1  akhand patth  being read and listened to at the same time???

If you’ve got 2 halls then have one for daily patths and the other for akhand patth  with only ONE SGGS being read, regardless of how many people want it to be read  exclusively for them,

Ie If 70 families want a  akhand path this weekend  ….

Have 70 SGGS being read by 70 people (quietly as to not to disturb the next person)

Have one SGGS read so that every one can hear the wonderful bani …… d_oh.gif

okay Gurdwara  committee you can still charge all 70 families .. just remember to mention their names when doing ardas LOL.gif

145627[/snapback]

the akand paths i mentioned where ther were 5 ...........they were being read all at the same time and loudly so everyone was listenin to it , it was like one akand path but 5 SGGSjis i think

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't bashin the idea of having more then one saroop at the gurdwara... i was jus bein sarcastic 'cause the original poster was in awe of havin 5 saroops at one gurughar.. i personally don't there's much wrong with having multiple saroops...

but the fact of the matter is.. a gurdwara with 5 big halls and several small halls on the side is probably not needed... i very rarely see more then 2 or 3 sessions goin on at once... not only that, they charge a LOT for weddings.. especially lately they've increased prices.. i know this from some friends and family of mine that have got married in the last few years..

ever since the R4G campaign became more publicized and strict (thankfully) ..prices to book at gurdwara's has gone up.. i guess its because they know people have really no choice but to book a gurdwara hall now.. its supply n demand... demand is high, and there's only a handful of gurdwara's that can accommodate big events such as weddings..

don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing gurdwara's .. haha.. but i'm pretty sure we can all agree that finance plays a big role in having many halls in one gurdwara.. but even thats not the problem.. okay fine gurdwara's make a lot of money.. but... where does it go?.. who deals with it?... who 'pockets' some of it?... who are they helping with the funds they bring in? etc... etc...

heera singh

i thingk you have not heard of VAT ? grin.gif

or

the giani pay rise ? grin.gif

just wondering where does all the money go to ?

may be another hall.. LOL.gif

This might be slightly off topic but evreryone knows about the 5star gurdwara in southall!! did you know that interest payments alone on the outstanding loan alone is £233,000 a month!!!

If this was their own money would they be willing to pay that much interest a month! I DONT THINK SO!!!

IT IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF SANGATS MONEY BEING MISUSED OR BEING USED NOT TO THE BEST POSSIBLE USE!!

That picture should make every Sikh cry, it should fill you emotion, it should make each one of us act...........

How can we celebrate things as Sikhs when our Guru has to be left on shelves? How can we sleep on our cozy beds?

How much money do we have in our community and we cant buy our Guru a bed?

to be fair, if Gurdwaras dont provide for the community and demand, they get bad mouthed then too. A lot of people want akhand paaths at their houses, or sukhmani sahib paaths, or there will be 2-3 families wanting to do akhand paaths or programmes on the same weekend -- and they expect their local Gurdwara to be able to cater for them. If the Gurdwaras allowed free akhand paaths etc etc then there would be too HUGE a demand so i reckon the best way to limit this is to ask families wanting to do akhand paaths to give "petaa" towards the Gurdwara upkeeping.

ps. i aint a prabandhik or in any comittee lol! i just see things from different angles...

145612[/snapback]

Well Said !

:wubc: