Pictures Of Our Gurdwara

Lionchild

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fetah

I recently took some pictures the other day of our gurdwara. I have been attending the temple for quite some time now. There isn't much of a sangat here, the Sikh community is over 1000, however you rarely over se over 100 ppl attend the kirtan and langar that is served on Sunday - the temples day of full operation.

Often, i can go there and be the only soul there for hour, nice and peaceful, yet it leaves more to be desired sometimes.

Anyways, approaching the temple which is located in the suburbs (most often are...), i don't know what the signage says though, any pointers?

temple1.jpg

A closer shot, not included in this shot - there is a basket ball and hockey rink on the premise, that's where most of the young ppl go during the services.

temple2.jpg

Now through the main entrance, the setup goes - women left, men right. This goes for langar hall entering, coats and shoes. Any reason why?

temple3.jpg

Another shot of the hall before the main hall, the little room to the right reserved for the older generations. Behind me is the women’s side as well as the admin room.

temple4.jpg

And now our main hall, the place is often dark and yes, unused. There is music or kirtan usually playing in the background. It's nice place to sit and meditate - for hours.

temple5.jpg

A close up of the SGGS and its stand. The money contributions are placed at the front, i usually get uncomfortable bowing down to a money box, but everyone else’s seems to not think about it.

Click for Picture

Our langar room, the room is very good. However there is a few out-of-place items. First of all, what are chairs or benches doing down here? It's fore the older generation, but then again, it's the youth that use them the most. Notice the cleverly placed books, who would notice them up there, very few are in English too.

Click for Picture

It's time to leave, but before, i took a few extra shots. I dunno what this room is for, but it's sure messy, this is only half of it. The floor is often hard to navigate due to the stuff on the floor.

Click for Picture

Another junk room, this room looks as if it was meant for the resting place (for travelers and ppl who want to stay at the temple). I looked in several other rooms, and didn't find this room, so this must have been it!

Click for Picture

That's it for my tour, I will have more pictures when the place is busy!

-Bindy Bains