Rami Ranger

KhalsaReporter

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have the misforture to be on the emailing list of Rami Ranger (wannabe UK "Sikh" figure, businessman and conservative party supporter)

His most recent email I have received is a letter he has written to SGPC condemning them for stopping Bollywood filming in Gurdwaras, here's the letter:

To,

The President of SGPC

Amritsar

Dear Sardar Ji,

Guru Fateh,

I learnt with dismay that the filming of our Gurudawaras in motion pictures will no longer be allowed. Hidden talent is no talent. Please tell me as to how you will now show the beauty and splendor of our places of worship where everyone is welcome regardless of their religion or cast to the world at large? How will you tell the rest of the mankind where we worship?

Please do not try to take us back in time with backward and outdated thinking. We are not a Nation of inward looking people. If our Guru wanted us to be backward and intolerant then they need not have made supreme sacrifices for us. We must copy what we want to be. If we want to be a progressive religion then we must follow the teachings of our Gurus and if we want be backward then we must follow the practices of backward religions. We all know how backward religions are being perceived in the world by people of different faiths.

Please make it easier for people to learn about the teachings of our Gurus, those of love and tolerance for the entire mankind. Please also make it easier for everyone to visit our places of worship. Please do realise that who so ever comes through the doors, come to pay respect and offerings to our Gurus. People can always pay respect to our Gurus from anywhere they like but if they stop coming to Gurudawars then only the Gurudawars will lose out on the donations people make for the up keep. Common sense is just not so common. We must never score own goals.

We must always endeavour to tell the world as to how progressive our Gurus were. They were also tolerant and visionary unlike most of today’s Sikh leaders. Unfortunately majority of them are uneducated, backward and opportunist. They just serve their own interest unlike our Gurus who always put the welfare and future of their people above their own personal comforts and safety.

A nation is as great as its leader and I hope you will try to become a great leader inline with our Gurus teaching.

We should not allow anyone to guide us who wishes to make us backward looking and hostile to progress. Progress should be embraced and not shunned. We are no longer fighting the Moguls. Our fight now is with science and technology. If we do not conquer these then we will end up only as scholars of Sikh history and monuments of the past. The world is now a global village and moving fast. Those who do not move with the times unfortunately become obsolete and demand separate countries for protection where like minded people can live hidden away from the rest of the modern world.

I await your comments.

Regards

Dr. Raminder Singh MBE, FRSA

London

Rami can be contacted at <mod edited: Email Removed>

According to this letter Amitabh Bachchan and Ashwariya Rai are doing great parchar via their Hindufied Sikh characters in Bollywood movies!!

Mod Comment : Posting personal contact details of people without their authorisation is not allowed on the forum

WJKK, WJKF

The sikh religion is forever new and willl never be outdated - yes the gurus promoted tolerance and respect for all but that doesn't make it just to make a mockery out of the sikh faith which is what these bollywood films are doing.

Bollywood has become so filled up with gandh / naach gana that suddenly showing scenes of our holy sacred shrines protrays the wrong image that this is what goes on in these places. More they're playing around to dis-mantle the sikh faith and confuse those innocent youngsters who may not know much about their religion.

Promotion of the faith can be done through camps / literature / specifically focused religious films like the sahibzaday's movie. And plus the gurudwara is no film set. The sooner our committees of today realise this the better.

Bhul chuk maaf

Knowing the SGPC the letter will go in the bin. So the Range Rover can continue writing his letters

not neccesarily, SGPC do read the emails and depending on what they are told to do, it is considered.

considering this guy is a politician, they may actually reconsider this all again

depends if this guy is actualy a practicing sikh and not sikh by name.

I learnt with dismay that the filming of our Gurudawaras in motion pictures will no longer be allowed. Hidden talent is no talent. Please tell me as to how you will now show the beauty and splendor of our places of worship where everyone is welcome regardless of their religion or cast to the world at large? How will you tell the rest of the mankind where we worship?

has he considered the fact there are films of people going into the diwaan hall with no head covering? shah rukh khan i think is said to have come into the guru ghar with no head covering in front of maharaj. the directors smoke, people walk around like they own the place.

SGPC gave them the chance, bollywood abused this chance, i think SGPC was right to do what they did.

Please do not try to take us back in time with backward and outdated thinking. We are not a Nation of inward looking people. If our Guru wanted us to be backward and intolerant then they need not have made supreme sacrifices for us. We must copy what we want to be. If we want to be a progressive religion then we must follow the teachings of our Gurus and if we want be backward then we must follow the practices of backward religions. We all know how backward religions are being perceived in the world by people of different faiths.

and the conservatives arent backward are they? for killing off a world class hospital service, killing the education system that now allows paedophiles to work, hated sikhs, a tory prime minister that persuaded indira gandhi to attack darbar sahib, giving them SAS training.

Please make it easier for people to learn about the teachings of our Gurus, those of love and tolerance for the entire mankind. Please also make it easier for everyone to visit our places of worship

not one film has shown this, they have just shown the actor coming for prahshaad, listening to a bit of paath and then leaving. but tends to make nihang singhs look like scary folk, if we can remember this one film called kohraam which had amitabh bachan going into the guru ghar, listening to paath, a nihang did a jaikara and when he did the music turned into the typical scary stuff.

thats parchaar?

films like nanak naam jahaz hai where they showed the jaloe...now thats something!

but aaj kal di folk dont show that. they just start dissing the sardar.

the sikh dharam ws in a better state before bollywood ever came to this planet, no guru gahr needs the money of a director and sangat can fund the guru ghars expenses, just like they did back in the day, it is not up to anyone to come to the guru ghar...its up to maharaj himself to make us have enough pyaar that we can do darshan of maharaj and do our pranaam from there.

Bhul Chukke Muaff

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Rami Ranger is not a practicing Sikh. He is a well known NRI businessman and active member of the Conservative party.

He is also a represenatative of the British Hindu Forum and represents British Hindus on various issues. He sometimes uses the name Rami Ranger and sometimes Raminder Singh, usually the latter when he's supposedly representing a "sikh" issue.

He was one of the organisers of the Slough Sikh School fund raising dinner and dance in 2004, which with the help of booze and dance allegedly managed to raise £60k in the name of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The only way we could get our modern Sikh uncles & aunties to part with their money was to fill their bellies with booze and let them have a good dance.

Anyway, he's obviously a bollywood fan! Good luck to him.

To,

The President of SGPC

Amritsar

Dear Sardar Ji,

What? Is he trying to crack a Sardar joke? Ever heard anyone writing to a Singh as "Dear Sardar Ji" ? :)
Guru Fateh,
hmmm...he can't type full Fateh either grin.gif
I learnt with dismay that the filming of our Gurudawaras in motion pictures will no longer be allowed.
He means "I learnt with dismay that filming of our Gurdwaras in order to fill our own pockets with some easy cash will no longer be allowed".
Hidden talent is no talent.
That means everything hidden is non-existent?
Please tell me as to how you will now show the beauty and splendor of our places of worship where everyone is welcome regardless of their religion or cast to the world at large?
Why can't you spend money on TV documentaries? Do you necessarily HAVE TO show Gurdwaras only in Bollywood movies?
How will you tell the rest of the mankind where we worship?
Say "We worship at a Gurdwara".
Please do not try to take us back in time with backward and outdated thinking.
hmmm...now he is talking about time machines!
We are not a Nation of inward looking people.
Thats the whole problem! We keep searching outside whereas Gurbani clearly says to search for truth WITHIN!!!
If our Guru wanted us to be backward and intolerant then they need not have made supreme sacrifices for us.
WHAT? What does those kurbaniyaan have to do with us being backward and intolerant? Whats he on about?
We must copy what we want to be.
I want to be Bill Gates. How do I copy him?
If we want to be a progressive religion then we must follow the teachings of our Gurus
really! ohmy.gif
if we want be backward then we must follow the practices of backward religions.
hmmm, so he has an option on "How to be a backward religion".
We all know how backward religions are being perceived in the world by people of different faiths.
yup...they call them...ummm...what was it...yea...they call em...backward.
Please make it easier for people to learn about the teachings of our Gurus, those of love and tolerance for the entire mankind. Please also make it easier for everyone to visit our places of worship.
Everybody is free and most welcome to come and pay respects and worship. Once they come with pure intentions, they WILL learn about the teachings of our Gurus, those of love and tolerance.
if they stop coming to Gurudawars then only the Gurudawars will lose out on the donations people make for the up keep.
see I knew it (6)
Common sense is just not so common.
is that why you don't have it?
We must never score own goals.
yes exactly. we should let our national team score them for us.
We must always endeavour to tell the world as to how progressive our Gurus were. They were also tolerant and visionary unlike most of today’s Sikh leaders.
Fair enough, but how does Bollywood project that image? They are bent on tarnishing the Khalsa image by making fun of Sikhs. I don't understand how you can teach some non-Sikh about Sikhi by making fun of Sikhs!
Unfortunately majority of them are uneducated, backward and opportunist. They just serve their own interest unlike our Gurus who always put the welfare and future of their people above their own personal comforts and safety.
For once you make sense...hmmm...I was wrong...you do have a bit of common sense.
A nation is as great as its leader and I hope you will try to become a great leader inline with our Gurus teaching.
once again...WHAT?!?!?!
We should not allow anyone to guide us who wishes to make us backward looking and hostile to progress.
Yes, so stop telling others what to do. Apply your words to yourself first.
Progress should be embraced and not shunned.
Progress is to be made not embraced. "Embraced" makes it sound like you want to enjoy someone else's efforts.
We are no longer fighting the Moguls.
We got enough "Moguls" within the Panth.
Our fight now is with science and technology.
WHAT!!!! If we fight science and technology then we will truly be going backward, which is what you said you want to avoid. What the heck man, are you on crack!!!
If we do not conquer these then we will end up only as scholars of Sikh history and monuments of the past.
And your point is?
The world is now a global village and moving fast.
Global village is near Dubai. You should visit it sometime.
Those who do not move with the times unfortunately become obsolete and demand separate countries for protection where like minded people can live hidden away from the rest of the modern world.
Because they have self-respect and are confident that they will survive and sustain themselves.
I await your comments.
Read this message again.
Regards
Cheers
Dr. Raminder Singh MBE, FRSA

London

Malang Mehtab Singh Arabian

Middle Eastern Desert

If they want to make films in Gurudwaras i think its a great idea...............maybe we shud have some rules which the film crews hav to abide by............. such as not disrespecting the Guru Ji , by smoking , shoes , not covering head etc etc then the film shoud be within limits e.g half naked women n Guru ji shud not be in the same film thats my personal veiw tho.

but i can see this is not gna be feasible.........maybe sikhs should make their own films and that way we can do it correctly

bollywood without naked women just isnt bollywood.

so what ur saying is no one should be allowed to film in Gurdwara Sahib for a bollywood film:D

I think Mehtab Singh should post his reply to this man.

146759[/snapback]

well if u are admant that a film without naked women isnt bollywood then idirectly im saying they shudn't but i didnt say naked i said half naked so im not grin.gif lol hmmmmmmm but cant bollywood make an exception for sikhs? if we asked nicely and politley lolll