Sriman Sant Baba Balwant Singh Ji Rara Sahib Wale

blatisingh

the Jal parvah was carried out on monday. The funeral procession left Rara Sahib, having been sent off by Sant Baba Teja Singh Ji, the current head of Rara Sahib samparada. The Jal Parvah took place at Gurdwara Baghaur Sahib, where Guru Gobhind Singh ji wrote Chaupai sahib. It is the same location, where the bodies of Sant Isher Singh Ji and Sant Kishan Singh Ji were laid to rest. The funeral procession was attended by thousands of devotes and many sant mahapurakhs and extended to 12 miles long. The recitation of kirtan Sohila was carriend out by sant Baljinder singh ji rara sahib and the antim ardas was carried out by Sant Bhupinder singh Ji Jarg. the day will truly remain in the hearts of the thousands who attended to pay their last respects to Sriman Sant Baba balwant Singh Ji

Rara Sahib Website

Rupinder

148723[/snapback]

WJKK WJKF

Firstly, I would just like to thank you all for sharing Shri Maan Ji's photo's and also Baba Ji's Jaal Prava video with me and everyone else. The jal prava was very mving indeed - much like Baba Isher Singh Ji's and Sant Baba Khundan Singh Ji (Nanaksar). A true loss to the panth and the Jatha at Rara Sahib. I had just recently seen Ved Ji before they returned to India and they were discussing that many of the jatha that came with Maharaj Ji - Baba Isher Singh Ji in 1974/75 had left us - Jathedar Ji (Sant Baba Mohinder Singh), Giani Karam Singh, Bhai Amrik Singh, Bhai Sher Singh to name a few.

I have a few pictures that I took of Sri Maan Ji's trip with Ved Ji (Baba Bhagwan Singh) which I took few years ago to the UK. You can find them here:

http://harjtt.smugmug.com/gallery/1075677

There's a few pics of Baba Bhagwan Singh from a few weeks ago and the rest are off Sri Maan Ji and Ved Ji in Ilford (UK) and at Gurdwara Karamsar (Seven Kings). I'm planning to post some pics taken in 1974/1975 and of Jathedar Ji's visit in the the early 1980's to the UK as reasonably possible.

WJKK WJKF

Harj :TH:

Why Jal parvah when the Gurus told us to cremate?

153588[/snapback]

There is no "must do ceremation otherwise soul does not rest in peace" concept in Sikhism. Many sants prefer jal parvah because a) so that their followers cannot make their samadh and start worshipping them instead of shabad guru b) give their body to water living beings so they can benefit from panj bhotak chola as well.

from sikhs.oorg

In Sikhism death is considered a natural process and God's will. Any public displays of grief at the funeral such as wailing or crying out loud are discouraged. Cremation is the preferred method of disposal, although if it is not possible any other method such as burial or submergence at sea are acceptable. Worship of the dead with gravestones, etc. is discouraged, because the body is considered to be only the shell, the person's soul is their real essence. The body is usually bathed and clothed by family members and taken to the cremation grounds. There hymns are recited which induce feeling of detachment are recited by the congregation. As the body is being cremated, Kirtan Sohila the nighttime prayer is recited and Ardas is offered. The ashes are disposed of by immersing them in the nearest river. A non continuos reading of the entire Sri Guru Granth Sahib is undertaken and timed to conclude on the tenth day. This may be undertaken at home or in the Gurdwara. The conclusion of this ceremony marks the end of the mourning period.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Sant Baba Balwant Singh Ji will be remembered for eternity.the seva they did is just out of this world.

Baba Ji was very close to Sant Baba Bhagwan Singh Ji.

When Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji was at rara sahib only 2 singh ever got the chance to go down into the bottom story of the bhora sahib(at rara Sahib)when Snat Isher singh was down thier.1 was Sant Sher singh, and th other was Sant Baba Bhagwan Singh.from 8pm till 10pm every day.they were told that world does not exist down here thier is only god.do not talk about any worldly matters down here only about Waherguru.

when Both baba jis used to come out of the bhora sahib at 10pm Sant Balwant Singh ji(srimann ji) used to have langar ready for them.they would serve them langar and at the same time ask wat was the discussions today.

In 1975 when sant isher singh ji was going to leave their body they sent a letter to Sant Bhagwan Singh and told them to come to england as quik as possible cause their end is near.this letter is still with Sant Bhagwan Singh Ji.

When Sant Balwant Singh Singh came to england i got the seva of having baba ji stay at our house fot their whole trip.

they came with Sant Bhagwan Singh Ji who are still doing parchar to this date