Christianity

Guest grandcannon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF

Grandcannon ji, i was wondering if you could clarify the whole "Trinity" thing. You know, the father, the son and holy spirit. Is Jesus Christ all of these, cuz i have some Christian Friends who say Jesus is all three, yet, these 3 things are 3 seperate things as well, how can Jesus be the Father and yet be the Son of God at the same time... confusing.. Could you clear that up for me thanks :lol: .

Dalvir Singh

WJKK WJKF

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think Christians view it as this way:

The trinity has three forms:

the son

the father,

the holy spirit

Like water has three forms:

ice,

liquid,

steam

So i think Christians believe Jesus Christ is one of the ways God revealed himself or is one of his 'forms',

So basicly the trinity is the various forms of God, like water has various forms (listed above).

I hope Grandcannon go into more detail into that.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Guest grandcannon

WJKK WJKF

You're right, the trinity is seen as three manifestations of the same spirit. in my earlier post, I said: "John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In this case, 'The Word' means Jesus. Titus 2:13 says, "Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus." In John 8:58, Jesus says "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" Jesus answered their questions by saying “I am.” (Ego eimi in Greek.) Ego eimi is not a translation of YHWH, but it is similar to our translating YHWH into “I AM” in English. This choice of words was not lost on the Jewish audience He was talking to! They immediately wanted to kill Jesus for blasphemy. That is, the Jews believed that by comparing Himself to God in that way, that Jesus deserved death. They clearly understood the implication Jesus was making—that He was the same as God. In Acts 5:3-4 the Holy Spirit is called God, "But Peter said, 'Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit?...You have not lied to men, but to God.'" In 1 Corinthians 3:16, it says "Don’t you know you are God’s temple and that the Holy Spirit lives in you?" Sorry I gave the wrong verses!"

Grandcannon

I can understand the explaination of the trinity as being representation of the one God. But is this just a modern spin on perhaps an illogical starting point.

What is the distinction between the Holy spirt and the Father?

And does not the insistance by Jesus that he is God a touch arrogant !

Guest grandcannon

Well sehmbi, I understand where you're coming from, but you have to see fromthe Christian poitn of view. The Chirstians don't see Jesus as a man who claims to be god, but as what happened when God was humble in his majesty to be created ina imperfect human form.

As to the Holy Spirit, the distinction is that the Holy spirit is like gods hand that acts through christians on the earth. Does that answer your questions?

Grandcannon